Publicly Reviewed Roles Thread

Not if they are outdated or already used. :coffee:
For instance:

1 Like

Good
:star: :star: :star: :star:

Reason:
Vanilla hunter is a good thing, I think the downside is a bit fun, but prolly should just be that the other player dies because mechanically outed days are not fun. Might be a bit broken depending on the setup as if it’s like 7 Vanillas and 2 PRs it’s basically an unrestricted Mafia Vig. Even though it’s good, I feel like it’s down side is not enough, so in addition to dying to a non-cannula, it should either be in a harsher setup or have more restrictions.

Lore:
Hahahahahaha, the maniac the unstoppable the Wrath King!! Peasenets dare to stop the Wrath King? They shall perish in fire and burn till their souls are filled with the anguish of knowing that their weak vanilla roles have no power when in the presence of the Wrath King! The Wrath kill shall burn all of the town! Bring down fire, however the wrath king can’t really kill vanillas because his power is more of the level of a high school bully. If anyone can fight back the wrath king sorta just leaves his calling card and runs away because he is scared that he will lose the fight.

:star: :star: :star:
3/5

Reason:
Word killers are funny but it probably should be restricted as if someone makes like 10 90s references they get 10 kills.

Lore:
Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice baby. I don’t really know if this song is from the 90s but if this character is a rapper they are probably going to be killed.

The Lying Someone-was-going-to-make-this-joke

In Rokugan, name and history is everything. A samurai is defined by their family and clan. Their deeds only matter in the context of how they effect those ideals. The Lying Darkness strips all that away, leaving the samurai with nothing.
Neutral Killer
“Seven Thunders entered the Shadowlands. One returned.”
Named, not Tamed (Passive) - At the start of the game, it will be publicly informed that “Akodo is watching your every step, from all clans alike”.
Faceless (Passive) - You will appear as a member of the uninformed majority (random class of that faction from the GI thread) to investigative checks from the uninformed majority. You will appear as an informed minority lost wolf (random class of that faction from the GI thread with a lost wolf modifier) to investigative checks from the informed minority/informed minorities.
Shadow Corruption (Passive) - You know the effects of the Shadow Corruption, who is Shadow Corrupted and the degree of Shadow Corruption they possess at all times. The Shadow Corruption has three degrees. If someone already has the Shadow Corruption, they will gain a new degree every time an even day starts.
In the first degree, nothing happens. In the second degree, all abilities and passives they have will be disabled. In the third degree, they will die, their flip will be cleaned, and they will be prevented from joining the Dead Chat. You will be given their original rolecard, and any further rolecards they had throughout the game (if they were converted, for instance).
Aditionally, you are immune to the Shadow Corruption. Finally, if someone claims at least one of the following: flavor, class type, role type, ability/abilities; they will be Corrupted automatically.
The only people informed of being Corrupted are the ones who start the game Corrupted.
Dangerous Deal (Day) - Make an offer to a player. “Darkness wants to embrace you. If you accept, you will be [effect]. Be careful, though, that dealing with the Nothing is dangerous business. You have 24 hours to decide if you accept it or not. Do you accept?”
The following effects are disponible. Choose one to offer:
-Immune to attacks tonight
-Cleaned from all Bleeding
-Given an alignment peek
-Given a gun
-Aware from all feedback on you for the remainder of the day.
-Shown as a member of the uninformed majority to all checks tonight.
You will know whether they accepted, refused or did not answer to the request. If they accept, they will gain the benefit and one degree of the Shadow Corruption. If they refuse, they will not gain the benefit and the Shadow Corruption. If they don’t answer, they will not gain the benefit and will gain one degree of the Shadow Corruption.
If someone already has a degree of Corruption, you may give them more than one benefit in any subsequent Dangerous Deals. You can’t target anyone who is immune to the Corruption with this ability.
Direct Elimination (Night) - Select a player to kill. You can choose between one of the following effects: You can’t be seen by any trackers or watchers tonight, you will be bulletproof tonight, you can’t be roleblocked or redirected tonight, the target of the kill can’t be healed or protected tonight.
If they have claimed flavor, class type, role type, or ability/abilities, you can choose two effects instead of one.
Win Conditions: Only one of those need to be completed.
- All players are dead.
- All players but you are dead.
- All alive players possess the Shadow Corruption.
- All alive players but you possess the Shadow Corruption.
- Half of the game (rounded up) has claimed at least one of the following: flavor, class type, role type, ability/abilities.
When you win, everyone else loses, regardless if they have already completed their win condition. The game won’t end if you are still alive. You can win even if you are dead.

8 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star2:

4.5/5

Reason:
I really like roles like this that cause people to make a choice whether or not to do something (in this case accept the contract) I just don’t think that enough people would accept the contract to make it worth while, like in general whenever you are given something in mafia whether that be a gun, contract, or anything else, I just never use it as most of the time it is anti-town. Like the role is a really cool idea, but I think that it really depends on the situation. The most viable win on is prolly the flavor thing, which kinda defeats the purpose of the role. I guess it really depends on the setup, but in general the idea is cool, but I don’t think people will accept contracts (maybe allow the player to change the wording of these contracts)

Lore:
… The Samurai is in his study, the feint ambient light of his lantern illuminates the room that he is in. The samurai is kneeled down of a tatami mat, in his scarred hand he olds a brush with black substance on it. He puts the brush to the table and begins to right. Out of the corner of his eyes he sees the shadows move, the shadows creep along the wall as if alive. Whoosh, a violent breeze rush’s into the room blowing away the lantern. The war torn samurai is now left in darkness. “It seems that scars of war has reached even you” The shadows spoke, the Samurai drew his sword, he was ready to eliminate the assassin that had entered his domain. “I offer you a contract, I will heal your wounds” the Shadow whispered. “And what will I give to you” the Samurai asked. The Shadow smiled.

6 Likes

Fun fact about Leoric:
In NUF Bot FM’s latest iteration (the 10th), the setup is set at…

• Town Cop
  • Town Indecisive Doc (Cannot heal the same target consecutively, but can self-heal)
  • Town Global Silencer (1-Shot Roleblock to all Mafia PR)
  • Town Vanilla (7x)
  • Mafia Vanilla Vigilante (Leoric)
  • Mafia Goon (3x)

The setup is set at 10v4, and is considered “balanced” as the average modkill-by-inactivity count over the entirety of its six games is “1.33” (i.e. for every game, there is an expectancy of at least one modkill because of a slanker).

Extra: Story of Bot FM #20

There was this one game which I will never forget, where–

• ML D1
  • Silencer claimed EOD1
  • VT died N1 by faction kill
  • Doc was targeted by Leoric (no death; Doc was informed of Leoric’s identity)
  • Cop revealed herself and claims a redcheck a Goon
  • Leoric was online earlier and talked first; claims Silencer and tried to frame Doc as Leoric
  • Actual Doc arrives, claims Doc, claims that Leoric targeted Doc, points out that Silencer already claimed D1, points out that Doc claim was not contested / not couterclaimed
  • Redchecked Goon fudged Cop-claim and tried to frame Doc and Cop in one-go
  • “Influencer” believes Leoric and made a wallpost about how Doc is a brainwasher
  • Town got swept by “Influencer”, and chaos ensued along with bloodpressure-increasing heavy debate
  • Doc won the battle, and Leoric got exe’d
  • At EOD2, it was revealed that another Goon had slanked and died by modkill
  • D3 had arrived, and nobody died because Doc jebaited scum at N2
  • Outed Goon was exe’d D3, and it was revealed that “Influencer” was actually VT
  • Lots of time was spent figuring out who the last mafia might be, but not much information could be extracted
  • N3 ended and the one who died was… none other than the last mafia, who forgot to target anyone, which forced the bot to have him suicide

TL;DR true story drama that ended in an anti-climax

1 Like

Emporer Palpatine

Sith Master (Duel Wielding Flipless-Soul-Tranfering Leading Modified Empowered Infinite Death Immune Attack Empower Defence Empowering Healing Tracking Day Immune Day-Mimic Target-Commuting Redirecting Day-Occupying Bleeding Night-Occupying Heal-Preventing Mass-Converting Triple Voter)
Rule of Two (Special - Passive) - You may only have one Apprentice at a time; if you convert with a living Apprentice you will additionally strongman kill them.
Essence Transfer (Special - Passive) - If you die before Day 3 your current Apprentice will gain your Apprentice conversion ability and revert back to Darth Sidous. Only a GIF obviously hinting you to be Darth Sidous will be posted. You will lose this ability and permanent empowerments on abilities.
Master Infiltrator (Special - Passive) - You gain two extra votes.
Master of the Force (Special - Passive) - You gain all regular force abilities. Additionally, they are permanently empowered. Empowerments are optional.
Sith Master Duel Wielding Lightsaber Duelist (Special - Passive) - You are a Sith Master Duel Wielding Lightsaber Duelist. You negate the first extra player attacking you in lightsaber duels.
Unlimited Power (Special - Passive) - All of your abilities are set to infinite usage. You are permanently immune to death at night.

Force Valor (Light Side of the Force - Day) - Gain 5% better attack in duels. - Infinite uses.

• Gain 10% instead.

Force Sense (Light Side of the Force - Day) - Gain 10% better attack in duels. - Infinite uses.

• Gain 15% instead.

Force Heal (Light Side of the Force - Night) - Heal a player. - Infinite uses.

• You are guranteed to visit your target.

Force Light (Light Side of the Force - Night) - Learn who visits your target. - Infinite uses.

• Your visit is ninja.

Force Barrier (Both Sides of the Force - Day) - Gain immunity to abilities today. - Infinite uses.

• You are also death immune tonight.

Force Jump (Both Sides of the Force - Day) - Mimic day abilities used on your target… - Infinite uses.

• Become immune to day occupies for today. They will also recieve effects used on you.

Force Wave (Both Sides of the Force - Night) - Prevent abilities on your target. - Infinite uses.

• You also drain anyone who visits your target’s limited abilities by one.

Force Persuasion (Both Sides of the Force - Night) -Redirect a player to another. - Infinite uses.

• You will learn who they intended to target.

Force Lightning (Dark Side of the Force - Day) - Occupy a player. - Infinite uses.

• The target’s attack odds drop by 5% today.

Force Crush (Dark Side of the Force - Day) - Bleed a player. - Infinite uses.

• The target’s defence odds drop by 5% today.

Force Choke (Dark Side of the Force - Night) - Occupy a player. - Infinite uses.

• You may select an additional target.

Recruit Apprentice (Special - Night) - Recruit a player as your new Apprentice. This ability only works on Jedi. This ability never has a cooldown. - Infinite uses

Execute Order 66 (Special - Night) - Convert all clonetroopers to members of the Empire. They will die at the endo f the day and do not count towards gaining parity. They’ll also be aware of you and your Apprentice’s identity. A .gif of Order 66 will be posted in main thread at the start of the day. This ability is guranteed to succeed. This ability only becomes active if you manage to survive to day 4. - Infinite uses.

Gain parity or defeat the Jedi, Clonetroopers, Rebels and anyone else who opposes you.

1 Like

O poor soul… May whichever Lord bless your soul, for you do not know the truth of what happened in Rokugan FM…

What actually happened

When the BBEG revealed that they can end the game by having everyone die D1, more than half of all players (some bewildered by how this role passed the review, and others simply peer pressured) claimed their roles and forced the game to end the game D1.

Before anything could happen; before some players could use their abilities; before anyone could play a proper social deduction game
The game was already over, and there was nothing the minority could do about it.

2 Likes

I mean aside from the flavor thing it’s a pretty cool role

1 Like

No stars

Reason:
This role is broken. It’s a JOAT, Mass Death, Converter that has infinite abilities. Wtf.

Lore:

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith Legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It’s ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.

2 Likes

blame kyo

2 Likes

@Daeron your a NERD
this was YOUR CARD

2 Likes

time to steal more cards

1 Like

Tbh making a lore accurate Palpatine is prolly not good for balance

3 Likes

Correction. This is what happened.

It’s basically a [Godfather], [Day Inventor], and [Buffed Serial Killer]. The main reason why it can be strong is the flavor sub-mechanic.

The role is subjectively cool, but personally I don’t feel the same way. I agree with your review in that it is very hard for this role to win without the flavor sub-mechanic, or the mass gamethrow collusion to end the game D1.

1 Like

Host can choose if a player dies to a 90s reference so it’s somewhat restricted atleast with it’s potential max KP

1 Like

That makes sense.
Guessing it’s bastard then?
I am gonna send you to the shadow realm if you keep posting bastard roles and expecting them to be balanced -_-

1 Like

But keep posting as many roles as you would like

Well you see.

It’s blood on the clocktower.

And also the character i posted was a joke character and it managed to rank higher than 2 official characters

1 Like

This says a lot about our society.

1 Like