Publicly Reviewed Roles Thread

By the way, can I get a review for this one?

1 Like

Isnā€™t that literally just town but worse

1 Like

Yep. Itā€™s (one of) townā€™s negative utility roles.

1 Like

Wait isnt this a thread for mafia roles

1 Like

Huh

1 Like

I am assuming that it was meant to be interpreted as ā€œforum mafiaā€ i.e. the game, and not the alignment.
Otherwise it would be weird to have ā€œalignmentā€ as one of the requirements in the format.

2 Likes

why is the bad guy and the name of the game the same

2 Likes

Ask the guy who invented mafia

1 Like

IDK. Probably because it is the most memorable thing about the game.
Ask the creators of any game in which the BBEG is the name of the game; not me.

I am just here to get one of my old roles reviewed.

1 Like

where is he

1 Like

Well Werewolf came before mafia

heā€™s in russia

1 Like

:star: :star: :star:

3/5 Stars

Reason:
I think this is an interesting take on an NK, as it is interesting how the NK can sacrifice their death immunity for more kills, and how they are permently death immune when they have the whatever mabober holders. I think that this rule could be broken in the fact that if you are a holder, you basically have to die in order to win the game. I donā€™t really like the idea that town will have to die in order to kill an NK, especially considering if this guy is found out town canā€™t really do anything. In every scenario this is is just a sleeper NK, as the risk that you are taking by killing people is a lot higher than the risk of healing one of your targets. That being said I do like the amount of risk that this character has.
Potential Way to improve:

I would think that it would be more interesting if instead of targeting alive players, you targeted dead players. In that sense you would want to keep the fact that the Lich chooses people n1, but I think that the Lich could be constantly decaying, and when one of its ā€œHoldersā€ dies it gains more cycles to be alive. Also it could potentially be rewarded for its ā€œHoldersā€ doing certain actions.
For example, letā€™s say one of the Lichā€™s holders are the last vote on a wagon, that would mean that if that person dies, the Lich would get a bonus extra cycle to live.
In this case I think the invest results can stay the same, and if one of the Lichā€™s holders is healed by a doctor the Lich could potentially lose its holder.

So let me rewrite the card

Lich
Neutral Killer
Decay (Passive) - You have N cycles left before you die (where N cycles is 4 + X) (X = # of dead holders + # of times a holder voted the same wagon as you)
Phylactery (Passive) - During the first day, select two targets (canā€™t target king). These targets will not known that they are targeted by this affect. If these targets die add +1 to your N cycles that you have left to live. If your targets kill a player add +1 to your N cycles that you have left to live. If either of your targets vote the same wagon as you add +1 to your N cycles that you have left to live. Investigations against the Phylactery Holders will also yield the additional message ā€œYou feel a chill surrounding the target player. They are a Phylactery Holder for The Lich.ā€ If one of your Holders is targeted twice by a doctor they will no longer be a Holder and you will no longer gain anything from them.
Wrath (Passive) - If you are ever killed (either during the day or night) lose 1 cycle that you have left to live, you will be prevented from dying. This does not work if you have no cycles left to live.
Black Fog (Day) - Attempts to investigate either of the Phylactery Holders will fail tonight. - 2 uses
Black Wall (Day) - Prevent every player from visiting your Phylactery Holders tonight.
1 use
Finger of Decay (Night) - Kill a player. If you were revived at the start of the night, then this attack bypasses night immunity and healing. - Infinite uses

It can keep the Finger of Decay if they become king.

Your objective is to make it to at least (possibly fewer depending on the state of the Mafia) the last four players alive while the Mafia do not hold a majority over the town on their own.

Lore:
The wolves howl as a storm runs amuck. Hazey white fills the unturned graves of the victims of the plague, all left forgotten as no one dares to enter into the domain of that unslightly creation of death. Under a willow tree mist begins to swirl and toss. Thunder strikes down on the anchient grave of a long forgetton sorcerer that was burned at the stake for his necromancy. The grave opens, the bones rise, a skeleton yielding a scythe and hood is summoned into the world, the mist vanishes. This Lich only has a certain amount of time left for him to quench his eternal rage at the kingdom that robbed him from this world.

so just need to climb a couple thousand mile high mountains got it

2 Likes

but
outed lich is funny
:(

1 Like

It creates a force target for Pronce/Butter

lleech is better than lich letā€™s be real
therefore, I post lleech

1 Like

okay well i can understand butler
but