Queue Discussion Thread

in terms of pros and cons of mafia flagbearer vs 1 mafia strat

its p hard to get a read on who’s mafia and who’s mafia flagbeaer, since a lot of the same stuff is there
however, mafia flagbearer encourages use of the main mechanic, since if there’s a smaller number of players alive at endgame the flagbearer is easier to find (and the flagbearer would never die to doomsay)
(i’d also make it so that the mafia decides their flagbearer pregame)
although this does make it so that mafia has less of a reason to doomsay to keep options open, which doesn’t feel right

whereas if you only need to catch 1 mafia
actually that probably encourages use of doomsays better for both sides, since it lowers the poe for town and it rids mafia of a potential loss condition

can somebody fact check me on this stuff btw? not sure if its true

in terms of formatting i’d do this:

• the day is divided into 24 hour “segments”.
  • within these segments you may submit doomsays.
  • at the end of each segment, all pending doomsays are processed in a random order (for context, doomsays kill a player of the one who doomsayed’s alignment), and the next segment begins
  • if nobody doomsays or if the game reaches LyLo, doomsays are immediately cancelled and the game enters MIDNIGHT as im going to call it
  • at MIDNIGHT, the town has 48 (?) hours to vote, and voting takes place like a normal FM game.
  • after MIDNIGHT, if [mafia flagbearer / a mafia] was executed, then town wins, otherwise mafia wins.

segments don’t effect gameplay in any other way, probably

i’m not sure if “literally murdering the players” would pass a review but i appreciate the ambition

10 Likes

no I think it brings an added realism to the game of forum mafia that I think was frankly missing

I see what you did there

I would have wrote with capital E if it was intentional.
But it is just English being weird.

1 Like

Sounds like Sword Art Online

1 Like

Ah yes real life mafia in which if you die in the game, you die for real.

1 Like

“alright everyone close your eyes”

multiple guns cock

2 Likes

I could see a fluffy version working but probably only with a more casual crowd.

1 Like

hey guys who wants to host Hunter: The Reckoning

if we get it out in the next three months we can flex on @PlagueSimp

Hello, like I still need a co-host for Flicker.

:waving_emoji:

Can you give a more detailed job description?

2 Likes

I may or may not be available to co host, depending on the expected time the game starts.

unfortunately i cannot crack a joke about how fucked you all are because instead of some schizo cursed setup it’s literally just M15er

Cursed setup is 25 mountainous with ITAs.

i came dangerously close to submitting wild west squared that one time
then the forums exploded

1 Like