Queue Discussion Thread

so uh
now that the invitational is over…

Eli really wants to play game where circles fall from tubes

3 Likes

We still have 2 miscs going, we feel we have the right amount of games going. Even if ones low effort

dang it

If we have too many games, people might confuse us for a mafia site

2 Likes

The main Issue I’m concerned with is actually storing the chains somewhere easily accessible.

@Whysper might be able to help us

2 Likes

somewhere down the line i will be needing cohosts for this (def 1, prob 2? setup pretty complex)
feel free to send me a dm (Iuhkmeih#3043) if ur interested altho i probably wont take any officially until review is done / close to done

1 Like

Discord is the common solution.

1 Like

Are the chains just a list of words? If so, then a Google Sheet sounds ideal for organizing. If pictures, then what I’ve seen done for similar games is storing card pics on imgur and keeping track of the URLs in a Google Sheet. I was planning something like that for a Dixit game.

I was thinking of something more like this.

1 Like

Okay I took a look at that wiki. So are you not sure where to store the chains while the game is ongoing? I could see that being done on Discord like Osie mentioned. Or in a Google Doc. Or even just a PM in here. So there would be the individual PMs for each player as they receive the sentences and pictures. And then a chain PM for the full chain.

Actually PM might be good because later that can be made public by a mod I believe. And I’d assume for final storage, you’d want them in a thread on here anyway so people can easily browse and search for them.

Yup yup

2 Likes

Oh good. So yeah, I kind of think PMs might be best. It would be easy to add spectators to it while ongoing. Then later make it fully public.

Forum Game Queue and Submit Thread - Game Discussion - Fortress of Lies

Happy tree friends coming soon near your theatre

Well, I’d also want them on a different place so that they could be viewed even if the site goes down.

1 Like

Well first, I’d say the situation with this site is different than the previous one. Our members have actual control over it, and it is guaranteed to be maintained and backed up by a professional company.

Even so, it’s fair to be paranoid about the content. In which case, I think just keeping a copy on Discord and/or in a Google Doc should be fine. It’s really not a whole lot from what I’ve seen.

It’s still going to be better to have a thread on this site for general accessibility.

1 Like

this is, by the way, entirely accurate

in case anybody didn’t know that

idr the specifics on how frequently our backups are but they do happen!

2 Likes

Our backups are stored offline and are encrypted so nothing can happen to them - a new one is made every 24 hours (:

6 Likes

dear archie,
good work. operation is going according to plan. chloe does not suspect anything.
your next payment will be on the 9th.

–zori (nya)

9 Likes

I like to imagine they’re encrypted with a 1 way operation, so that you can never unencrypt them.

1 Like