Queue Discussion Thread

optimal play there is to self vote regardless of your alignment since you only know your alignment

and from there let god sort it out

honestly we should add more benefits to killing town on day 1, it rewards killing cringe people which is always nice

1 Like

it’s vote for town but on adderall

:eyes:
I’m listening. What do you have in mind?

This sounds like torture for everyone but the host.

At D1, mafia are heavily inclined to bus a scumbuddy to speedrun the game because the possible intentional misinterpretation of the wording.

I would assume that the original intent was to start D2 with 3v2 LYLO, but the actual wording says that [upon the death of a mafia at D1], [all but 3 town and 2 mafia die] [and the game proceeds as per usual]. This means that -assuming the open setup is mountainous- the game would be immediately over because nothing prevents the N1 kill.

Then there are the 11 Townies that want to die to get their townbuddies a Copcheck and a frickin’ gun. This effectively turns the entire town into an all-Jester game without them actually being Jesters.

• “Are you not confident in your scumhunting abilities? Well fear no more! Kill yourself (in-game) to help your fellow townies out (somehow) and pray they don’t screw up and waste the powers that was made by your sacrifice! Have fun joining the game to speedrun entering spec chat!”
  • “Hey guys, this person sounds very towny. They are very capable and will definitely find scum if we let them live. Let’s kill 'em (in-game) instead so we can be sure that the mafia don’t speedrun the game!”
  • “Ugh. You guys suck. Nobody listens to me, even though I am obviously town. Just throw me out. It’s all I’m here for anyway.”
  • [Insert more AtE, drama, toxicity, etc.]

Assuming the open setup is mountainous and Town gets misexecuted D1, then D2 would start with 9v3 with a N1 Copcheck, laced with a D2 compulsory Dayvig. All in all, this gamestate is very town-sided in my opinion.

TL;DR the game is basically over after D1 because it’s either ends with instant mafia victory or starting D2 with town-sided setup.

Oh. This will never work on this site.
We had multiple games with post cap of 200~250 posts, and I can assure you: It was never enough.

Y’know, I thought the “executing town on D1 is beneficial” was because of a role; not a mechanic. :weary:

Idk how you get that interpretation, but it obviously means that D2 starts with 3 town and 2 mafia alive. Which you could probably infer from where i say that in the OP.

But yeah most of your complaints are kinda the point of the game (killing town on d1 makes it townsided, killing mafia on d1 makes it mafia sided…bussing is good d1…everyone is a semi-jester d1…literally the point lol)

This… does not sound fun. At best in the Mafia death, this sounds like Think Twice // Who Needs a Fifth? levels of fun (Which aren’t amazing outside of turbos/live), at worst this sounds like a clusterfuck, and then a tainted, grumbling Think Twice // Who Needs a Fifth?.

The town death is a bit better but is just Emissary+Day-1-Vig 13er with an extended Day 1 (Or Night Start if that’s how you handle it).

Town has a chance to play the game once it actually starts. But maybe they’re just dead. Far from me to say people shouldn’t use false starts but I think you know how people feel about that by now…

2 Likes

I think its fun if you go in knowing its an open setup fast paced meme game and not a closed setup full of mechanical thornery

I understood [what you want to say] based on [what you wrote]; I inferred it.
However, [what you want to say] is not [what you wrote]; The devil is in the details.

Making everyone play as pseudo-Jester is against the core belief of “town vs mafia”. Instead of the classic “mafia hides among the town, while town hunts the mafia”, this game basically says: “Head empty. No gameplay required. Just die quickly,” and this just looks silly to me.

I firmly believe that the majority of this competitive player base would not want to genuinely join a game, only to die within 48 hours wherein they are forcing themselves to act like a Jester.

A similar game in the past: Rokugan FM

We have a meme about a game that ended within Day 1 (Rokugan FM), and not everyone is happy.
We do laugh at it, because we thought and asked ourselves: “This is such a major oversight. The game is unbalanced. How did this setup get approved?” We do NOT laugh at it because we thought: “Wow. That was a fun experience.”

For the players who have a personal portfolio and keep track of their stats (e.g. win/loss ratio), the game is just a big stain that they want to erase. People from off-site were invited to the game, only to be told that the game had already ended before they were able to do anything of significance; it was a big waste of their time.

While I do applaud you for creating this setup, I don’t think (the majority of) the players of this site would like the game.

Regarding the setup itself

There was no need to turn this setup into a 11v3 when the same intended result (minus the part where everyone is forced to play as pseudo-Jester) could have been achieved with a 3v1 mountainous with no sleep. The current setup is basically the 3v1 version, but then forced to be played with more players.

For a small 3v1, a quick game with minimal gameplay might still be accepted by the few who want to kill time, but a 11v3 is just a big waste of time IMO.

1 Like

Basic TL;DR of the wallpost I wrote:
“Yes, there are instances where players do like to play meme games”
“But clearly this site is not the place where players play such meme games”

I don’t know if I agree with that, but…

1 Like

My big suggestion would be to even out the two modes. Make it a semi-mountainous game either way, or if you really want, make it a pair of Think Twice games.

heres my thoughts about this game, not as a host but as a prospective player
to me, this game looks like a low power 14p most of the time
except
you have to spend the first day just… not playing?

this is exacerbated by the fact that the game feels far too swingy to be enjoyable
like, the entire crux of the game comes down one moment at the end of day 1
whether the game is a slog of a low-power 13’er or a micro where 2/3 of the game doesnt even get to play at all
its like the entire game is played and decided on d1 and the rest is just for show
and the part you “play” on d1 isn’t even enjoyable for me

for me a game with these just
doesnt sound fun or worth my time

1 Like

its not like its unplayable by any means
id just never ever choose to play it over a mountainous game
the gimmick just makes an otherwise vanilla game less fun imo

1 Like

this is kind of a tangent but
make sure to evaluate that the “point” of the game is fun for players and not just funny for the host as a meme
because the ultimate goal as a host, in my opinion, should be to make the players have fun

2 Likes

Remember kids, nothing is silly if it’s a misc

Now youre getting the idea

This was not clear to me (my impression was the opposite, actually, i thought FoL enjoyed memes for some reason, i didnt know this was a Serious Community for Serious People), but yeah if people here dont like meme games I’ll run it somewhere else!

This is clearly not the right audience for a meme game, so scrap it