🎭 Role-Playing Survey

Vulgard and I were recently discussing role-playing (RPing). It came up that he would be interested if there was an FM game with RPing. I’ve seen this done to some degree on sites like 17th Shard where players RP various characters they’ve created while playing FM. And Ruby expressed interest in RPing for the Betrayal at House on the Hill Misc I’m working on. So I thought I’d do a quick survey to see what type of interest there is in RPing. :slight_smile:

How do you feel about RPing?
  • I’m not interested at all in RPing
  • I’m somewhat interested in RPing but have little/no experience with it
  • I enjoy RPing
  • Other (post below if you’d like to comment)

0 voters

Are you interested in seeing Misc games that involve RPing?
  • No, I wouldn’t join a game with RPing
  • Yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing others RP in a game, though I probably wouldn’t RP
  • Yes, I would enjoy RPing, though I’m okay if others in the game don’t
  • Yes, I would enjoy RPing in a game where RPing is required

0 voters

Are you interested in seeing FM games that involve RPing?
  • No, I wouldn’t join a game with RPing
  • Yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing others RP in a game, though I probably wouldn’t RP
  • Yes, I would enjoy RPing, though I’m okay if others in the game don’t
  • Yes, I would enjoy RPing in a game where RPing is required

0 voters

What kind of RP FM game would you like?
  • Players are given a character to RP designed to fit within an overall story
  • Players can create their own character to RP that fits within a theme
  • Players can create any character to RP

0 voters

1 Like

why is there not a “none” option for the last poll

1 Like

Well, you could do the other :slight_smile:

but that implies I would be interested in any RP FM game :thinking:

2 Likes

Not if you comment what your Other means :slight_smile:

1 Like

touché

1 Like

I personally enjoy roleplaying but I wouldn’t want to roleplay in an FM game

I think people on the old site used to host roleplaying games that were just roleplaying and not also Mafia and I might consider joining one of those, maybe, possibly, depending

4 Likes

poll 2: i would join but i would probably fail miserabley with the rping part

2 Likes

Yeah, I had noticed those before. It didn’t seem like much went on in the thread itself, but I wasn’t sure if the main game was done in PMs or elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, why not? Even if everyone is RPing as well in the game?

I’ve actually played a couple of roleplaying-oriented setups offsite and it seems like usually people end up not really caring about the RP aspects and them being irrelevant, or they end up only focusing on the RP aspects and ignoring the game

I think either activity is more fun when you can fully commit to that activity without trying to also make it the other thing

3 Likes

Ahh okay. I could definitely see that being an issue. Cool that you’ve tried it out before. :slight_smile:

Yeah, on 17th Shard, it is mostly the former where people RP as an extra thing but it doesn’t really matter much for the actual game. Though their characters are often used elsewhere on the site for the full RPing as well.

There was a subforum for it

It was never used and died

i like RP miscs
RP fm is a bit much for my taste

5 Likes

i miss magnus miscs ngl

2 Likes

try saying this 10 times fast

3 Likes

fm game im fine with other ppl not doing rp and/or it not being required
but for miscs like danganronpa and vldr and stuff, rp is the lifeblood of the game especially when they’re not made to be played optimally, and playing a dr misc optimally honestly kind of sucks
idk

4 Likes

what do you mean you don’t like staying in your room and committing a murder at trial 5

4 Likes

do I not vote if all my answers to the questions are “idk”

Up to you. You can always do the “Other” option. I included it with every question just to handle stuff like that. :slight_smile: