Role Review (from a player perspective)

There is no starting Pit Hag in a Legion game.

This would create a Tinker who knows a good player, and registers as a Minion. The win condition thing wouldn’t really matter if you probably die before that matters.

1 Like

Unless I have yet to read it, there’s no rule stating that all evil players in a Legion game must be Legion or that all players who start as Legion are evil, just that most players in that game are Legion.

http://bignose.whitetree.org/projects/botc/diy/reference/cobblers-almanac.html#legion

During set-up, disregard the normal distribution of character types for the number of players. Instead, put a number of Legion tokens more than half the number of players into the bag. It is recommended that this be the normal number of the good team; for example, in a 12-player game put 9 Legion into the bag.

The remaining character tokens are good; choose any combination of Townsfolk and Outsiders to put into the bag.

Literally at the top of the page it says that this is unofficial. It might correlate to reality, or it might not. Who’s to say. Probably your $120 box that you surely have on you

1 Like

https://wiki.bloodontheclocktower.com/Legion

• There are a number of evil abilities that instantly and publicly disprove the existence of Legion. This includes a Witch curse, a Devil’s Advocate execution save (if no other explanation exists), a Fearmonger, or a Psychopath revealing themselves. If these are on the script, Legion will have to navigate their absence.

you say that like heretic doesn’t exist

1 Like

Heretic doesn’t punish evil for playing well if the Demon can kill themselves at night if they’re really playing well.

1 Like

Bomber
Neutral (Evil)

Each night you may attach a fuse to one person. Each fuse will last for two nights.
If that person is attacked, the violence of the event triggers the fuse.
Once the fuse is triggered, a warning is sent to the Town that a fuse has gone off.
After 3 following nights, the bomb will detonate, killing everybody in the town while you hide in your shelter.
The only way to defuse the bomb is to kill the Bomber first.
You are night immune.

(Seen in mafia setups, generally semi-opens)

4 Likes

Why is this not considered a neutral killer?

1 Like

no comment

2 Likes

heretic who doesn’t claim before f3

1 Like

Needing to predict which players are likely to be nightkilled or vigi-shot, sets up an interesting dilemma for the informed minority and their targets. Having fuses last for two nights gives the Bomber some leniency with their picks, without setting traps that last forever. I’m happy with this part.

This is interesting because it gives both factions a common enemy. Requiring three nights to pass means the Bomber is rewarded for triggering a fuse early on, which also means the same three night condition gives Town a decent chance hunt for them. The public announcement saves this role, I think, or else it would feel infuriating to play against.

Having night immunity means you aren’t unceremoniously killed off before you get a chance to use your ability, but the Mafia can also hunt for you as well, effectively narrowing the POE twice as quickly. Yeah, I like the common enemy element, I think it sounds fun to play as (evil survivor initially thinking like a doctor), but you can’t just side with the majority so there’s still a sense of urgency and danger. This role isn’t terribly impactful if the Town and Mafia dedicate their resources towards finding you, which might impair your enjoyment, but could be devastating if you’re left to later. Yep, I’m happy with this role.

1 Like

In which case the Heretic played well to not be suspected by the evil team, all of whom would’ve been on the lookout for a Heretic, and to convince Town to throw in F3.

1 Like

I dont know how much merit there is to reviewing roles in a vacuum. The most important thing is how they fit in to a setup as a whole.

5 Likes

this is like the smartest thing you’ve ever said

5 Likes

You weren’t supposed to do that

2 Likes

magnus has single handedly altered the course of this site by saying bomber is good

3 Likes

what about a bastard game where every player thinks theyre a game ending jester except whenever anyone is executed they just flip maf and also theres anticlaim in the OP

3 Likes

if i knew what anticlaim was when i hosted my all jester game i swear it wouldve been so much easier
instead i put a clause in the roles themselves which was DEFINITELY suspicious

2 Likes

Storyshift Asriel
Town (Protective)

Abilities:
Storyshift Character (Passive): You have access to the Storyshift Chat. You do not know the alignment of other Storyshift Characters. Your name there is ChocolateLover.
Sharing Chocolate (Active, Night): You can heal anyone who has been attacked or poisoned. This ability cannot heal anyone who was attacked by a strongman ability. Healing twice in a row is allowed, but you only have 4 chocolate bars.

Win condition:
You win with when all threats to the town have been eliminated with at least 1 town member remaining.

Source