(no forward slash.)
Oh.
16
Good night then. Please sleep well.
((My estimation -based on data from Google- says we’d need 15~40 trips to gather the entirety of the tree. Assuming (0) the travel from the woodlot to the village entrance takes 20 minutes, (1+2) going to the blacksmith and loading tree logs takes a combined total of 10 minutes, and (3) we spend 20 trips to transport the entirety of the wood logs, then (→) Arius and Vin would be spending 10 hours gathering one single tree.))
((…folks, it seems I ain’t going to do anything productive for the main plotline for the day. I am effectively unavailable until late afternoon / early evening in-game.))
((Never mind. TIL there are many types of oaks, and I probably calculated using ancient oak instead of mature oak. Assuming the tree has a diameter of 20~25cm / 8~10in, and a height of ~6m / ~20ft, then Arius and Vin should be able to transport the whole tree in three trips.))
Drakor waved. “Greetings.”
He walked towards the woman.
“Did you… buy anything?” She asks, seemingly off-handedly.
Drakor sighed. “Only sent a letter. There was a really nice handaxe that I was eyeing, but it cost twelve crowns.”
She looks to the side. “…That doesn’t sound that bad. For a weapon.”
“…What now?”
“It’s not… but I really shouldn’t buy more. I already have five…” he trailed off sadly. “Whatever. If we figure out who this murderer is I’ll buy an axe in celebration.”
He scratched his hooded head. “Well, my sister always says there’s motive, means, and opportunity for a crime to happen. We could look into opportunity - try to identify who was awake at the time of the murder?”
“How would we even figure that out? We can’t go door to door to have the one time we encounter someone suspicious lie to us then slam it in our faces.”
“Are there people who stay up late?” Drakor ask. “Any nightwatch? We could see if they heard or saw anyone up last night.”
“This isn’t a really… heavily guarded town…”
She goes silent.
“We could… uhm… the militia. If there would be anyone fitting that context, it’d be them. I guess.”
3, 4
(7 hp back. No I can’t help you with ability damage sorry)
“Right. A militia.” Drakor nodded.
He was silent for a while.
“So who’s on it?”
“…Uhm.”
“Don’t give me that look!” Drakor said. “My village didn’t have one.”
16