[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

(21 diplomacy, the question is whereabouts of the missing person)

@discobot roll 1d4

:game_die: 4

(4 hours)

(I think the d4 is actually unnecessary – the spell is referencing the fact that it standardly takes 1d4 hours to Gather Information™, not saying that its results might vary by a factor of four)

(:+1:)

Hazy visions fill your mind once more.

“We’re looking for a missing person. Staying at the temple, old, kind of rich. You seen anyone like that?”

“Not since yesterday.”


“Pardon me, ma’am, but I’m here on behalf of the militia. Would you know anything about the whereabouts of Messire Kaver?”

“No, sir, I’ve never even heard the name before today.”

“Kaver’s missing? Gods willing he stays–”


“Excuse me, I just need to ask you a few questions–”

“Get lost, we’re eating breakfast.”


“–told us he was going for an evening walk, but when I woke up his bed was empty.”

“I… see. Is that usual–”


“I spoke to a man last night, a half-orc, around yea tall with no hair, and he told me he wanted to speak to him. I don’t want to leap to conclusions, but–”


“–thought it was strange when he wasn’t back by the time I went to bed, but I didn’t want to poke my nose into his business. He hadn’t told me anything about it, in any case.”


–the sound of something heavy, falling into shallow water–

“Water…”
“Is there shallow water near here?”

“There’s the creek, I suppose. The one that powers the mill. Why?”

“I divined regarding whereabouts. I heard the sound of something heavy hitting shallow water. We must head to that location immediately.”

With a haste of someone possessed, he heads off directly toward the creek.

“I’m just saying, if we do find him–” starts the person who was already calling you suspicious.

Leta holds up a hand again. “Right now, we’ve got more important priorities. Let’s go.”

1 Like

[I’m going to pause here for the night to give people who are asleep time to react, and to give myself time to sleep]

4 Likes

(Is breakfast at the tavern?)

Drakor frowned. He’d talked with an older man, but he had no idea where he’d ended up staying other than Not The Tavern.

He looked around at the militia members, then approached the one that looked the friendliest.

“Pardon my intrusion, but could you tell me the name of the missing man?”

[Yes]

1 Like

“Martyn Kaver, or that’s what his wife told us.”

[anyone trained in k(local) can attempt to recognize the name, or k(nobility) at a higher DC]

1 Like

additional info for @Amelia specifically, no check required

Summary

You recognize that name. It could in theory be a coincidence – Martyn is hardly an uncommon first name – but it would be surprising if it were. Martyn Kaver was one of the magistrates removed by the new baron; he was rather full of himself, and he’d always had a rather narrow view of the law, but at least he was fairly consistent about it?

“Who is this Kaver person anyway?” Arius asks, appearing from the tavern. “The mood was ruined when I had my breakfast. How can I enjoy eating delicious food when everyone doesn’t?”

He then notices a familiar person in the conversation he inserted himself into. “Ah. Good morrow, Drakor.”

“Thanks and here you go.” Zelsh replied with a friendly smile as he handed over two bits. "“Zelsh is feeling hopeful at least.”

(How much is that in terms of gold?)

1 Like