[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

{All the clues seem to line up to this: This was done by an elderly woman as strong as a field worker.}

{…I think I’m missing something.}

1 Like

{I… don’t think I’m all that good at this. I’m not really getting anywhere.}

{He fell down here, where the… bald half-orc met him, but it couldn’t’ve been him, I saw him go back… So why’d he come back.}

{Then he was dragged all the way from here to the creek, before it rained… so it was last night. Maybe right after the bald guy left…}

{By someone who has really small feet. For an adult. And is strong enough to drag him by his heels but not strong enough to just carry him.}

{I’m not. Very useful. Am I. Anyone smarter would’ve figured it out by now.}

1 Like

Wanderer, despite being very driven when coming here, thinks that this is worth listening to. He heads to the person who said this.

1 Like

Drakor knelt next to the tracks and began looking.

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 3

1 Like

…(9)

(you are the worst.)

2 Likes

(try to roll high challenge)

2 Likes

“What are you thinking?” Drakor asked.

1 Like

this sure is a hill

7 Likes

She breathes out. “Small adult. Their feet are tiny. On the richer side. I’d say someone older, but…”

“…Dragging the body out to the creek is a lot of work. Even if it was just by their heels. And probably had been done last night, or we’d be seeing their footprints everywhere from all the mud they’d be stepping through.”

“…Which is weird. Since the tracks of his heels all stayed, but all the footprints but one washed away.”

“I think it might’ve been done from five minutes or an hour from when the person who was being accused left. Depending on if he went out again or just stayed after their meeting concluded. Maybe he… left something?”

“And then was pushed down on the floor. Then… he tried to get up, and the killer stabbed him. Or the other way around. He was slashed in the stomach, and not the back, I think?”

She takes in sweet gasps of air after all her talking.

“Which… hopefully… narrows it down a bit. But uhm. Only a bit. And I dunno what to do from here.”

3 Likes

“Small adult, but strong enough to carry a grown man alone?” Drakor frowned. “Your magic detection - can it sense if someone’s using alchemy? Perhaps the perpetrator enhanced their strength?”

2 Likes

“It would have probably had to last long enough for me to get there, which I don’t… think… it’d do that? Do they last that long?”

The impression is given that she doesn’t really believe she could do that.

(@Arete rolling for Lore: is there anyone in the village who is capable of making their own potions (I can name a few in my head, but))

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 16

(+5, 21. If only it was for something better.)

2 Likes

She starts to mumble. “I don’t think they would’ve had time to buy anything. It’d have to be premediated in that case, and the only people who knew he was coming should’ve just been the people with him… which… were there any?”

The speaker is a woman in her forties, spinning wool with a drop spindle as she chats with one of her friends, who looks to be a bit younger.

“That doesn’t make it alright to murder him,” says the friend.

“Of course not,” says the original speaker. “I’m just saying, if my sons had an attitude like that, I’d sure be disappointed in them.”

“Well, you’re not as ri-- Leri! Put that down!”

A toddler, presumably Leri, drops the rock that he had been trying to stuff in his mouth.

“I saw his wife and at least one servant,” Drakor offered. “Didn’t get a good read on either of them, though.”

1 Like

“How tall were they?”

(@Arete)

(what do I roll for memory)