[RP] Play-By-Post Pathfinder

“Thank you so much! :sob:”

Returns to bed; do complete bed rest

1 Like

Arius blankly stares at the scene. The corpse is left untouched, yet the militia are not doing anything to it. There is neither any movement of preserving the body, nor any preparations to hold a funeral. They simply left it there to rot.

Someone is scouring the waters, and upon closer inspection it seems to be the half-orc that was accused of being the murderer. The miller’s daughter cleared his name, but the first impression from this morning has yet to leave Arius’ mind.

(I came here to see if any new findings has come to light. Perhaps I was being too optimistic.)

(I have killed many lives in the past, but the situation was different back then. Granitehill is not a battlefield. Deaths here are a rarity. I need to remember that more often.)


((Ya, I’ll be real here: I set up Arius to visit this place so Geyde can have Wanderer approach him and get him involved in the investigation somehow.)) ((…assuming Geyde wants to.))

((The issue is: There is still no way for Arius to make progress in the investigation –at least, not as far as I know. Out-of-character, I have seen that investigation rolls were already made, bearing a lead towards the hill to the east, but that’s where the lead ends. In-character, Arius still sees the militia hanging around and not moving much, so he knows that there is little to no progress to the investigation.))

((Arius’ strong point is his manpower; not his brains nor his tongue. Even if he wants to help find the murderer to relieve the unease in the village, I don’t see how Arius can do anything about the current situation.))

1 Like

Drakor stopped moving.

He slowly turned to face Canary. “A thought occurred to me.”

(Time check - what time is it in game?)

She looks at him in confusion.

1 Like

late morning

2 Likes

“The murderer went to Granite Hill, killed Messire Kaver, then disappeared, yes? And we lost the trail around Granite Hill.” Drakor didn’t wait for a reply. “But if our murderer went to Granite Hill, they must have come from somewhere else.”

He began to pace. “If it were from town, we may be able to find the trail on the outskirts.”

He looked back at Canary. “Opinions?”

“Wouldn’t the rain have washed those away too?”

“It may have,” Drakor said, moving towards the edge of town. “But it doesn’t hurt to check.”

Canary wordlessly follows.

2 Likes

(Once we’re on the outskirts of the town, I’d like to look for tracks)

@discobot roll 1d20

:game_die: 20

5 Likes

(first 20!!)

2 Likes

(Yippee!)

(+5 for that using survival, so 25)

1 Like

Wanderer will go upstream

((I guess the scenario above is not happening.))

Having finished his sightseeing, Arius goes to search for the Gendel family, whom he’d heard was searching for people to help them with planting their crops.

On the way back to the village, he notices familiar figures in the distance.

(If you meander around the outskirts of town you’ll probably find Drakor and Canary fyi)

(Dunno if this is too metagamey but if you want ppl to talk to we’re here)

1 Like

“Drakor! Nice to see you again!” Arius happily shouted as he waves his hand from afar.

“Who is your…” He stops before finishing his sentence, as he finally recognizes the other figure to be the miller’s daughter; the one who cleared the name of the accused half-orc. “Miss Holm,” he dryly calls her. “It’s a pleasure to meet you again.”

Canary silently turns to acknowledge you calling her, then looks away.

1 Like

Drakor waved. “Greetings. I have reason to believe there may be tracks somewhere on the outskirts of the village; if the assailant left in the night, there may be signs.”

He sighed. “We had retraced the tracks of the attacker dragging Messire Kaver from the Granite Hill to the creek, but lost the trail at the Hill. However, I think that if the attacker originated from the village, there may be tracks leading out of it.”

1 Like