oh no
Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.
Leafia is up! Roll your damage for your previous attack on the webbing, and then you will get your surprise round turn
The most obvious thing you see is a trio of people gathered at the base of the hill (you may recognize them from the creek), all standing near the marks from a fall, looking intently at a scrap of linsey-woolsey fabric and handling it with unusual care. You catch the edge of their conversation:
“…seen anyone wearing it?”
“So far we have found what is potentially the scene of the crime and a potential lead on someone who might have sold clothing to the culprit… Well, I can’t say I’ve seen the fabric before, so I believe that you have our best lead thusfar!”
The scene itself does bear other signs of a fight, most notably faint traces of dried blood left on the ground. The only footprints you see are those from the trio of them, all extremely fresh and very obviously (from the fact that each trail leads to the spot where they’re standing) left by the three of them. However, Drakor’s trousers and gloves have signs of recent dirt on them, as if he had knelt down in the dirt to look for something; maybe he knows more?
Lionel is also going to the hill
The unnaturally tall lady- who you believe you caught her name being “Canary”, mutters something inaudible to the pair next to her.
You likewise see a trio of people gathered around the base of the hill, looking intently at a scrap of fabric, and overhear the same part of their conversation. Approaching from another direction is Wanderer, who was also asking questions in the central square.
Drakor - a tall, solid man with a hood and mask - said something back.
those close enough to hear it
“Do you wish to stay outside again?” Drakor asked.
She nods.
Drakor looked thoughtful, then asked another question.
“I presume you know the shop keeper, yes? Any advice regarding how we should ask her about the cloth?”
(she did directly tell you how to ask it. not very well. but she did tell you.)
(Fair)
(Drakor wants more clarification but he may have to live with it)
Canary looks at him weirdly.
Low tone
"I don’t have an… advanced plan. I don’t really know her that well. How she thinks is… a… "
She almost looks sad when she speaks again. “Mystery to me.”
Wanderer will link up with the group
Lionel would like to approach this group
Drakor said something back.
“A mystery? Is there something-” he broke off as the others approached.
Drakor turned to face the newcomers. “Wanderer!” he tapped his hood in greeting, then glanced at Lionel. “And who might you be?”
His tone is level, not overly hostile, but not nearly as friendly as he was with Wanderer.
Arius stays silent, his face neutral.
“I’m ashamed to admit, but this investigation is more difficult than the mystery stories I read as a child.” He looks at the ground.
His eyes narrow. “Just from looking at the ground. Reasonable chance the Messire was killed here. Then he was moved upstream of the creek then dropped in.”
He looks to the group. “Do you want to share information?”