Secret Palpatine - Completed - Jedi (Whysper, Jarek, Jane, AtNoName, Squirrel, Crichard) Win

Welcome to…

Secret Palpatine! Hosted by @ElizaThePsycho and @Atlas

Rules

• Global Site Rules
  • Do not post in languages other than English, edit/delete posts, like posts while dead/during night, utilize shared/hydra accounts, utilize multiple accounts, use polling/wiki features, attempt to mimic host messages, post fake quotes of other players, or spam/slank excessively.
  • Do not cheat. Announcing intention to cheat, yet not acting upon it, will still confer punishment.
    • Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are permitted to play terribly, but doing so with the intention to troll will confer punishment.
    • Do not discuss host decisions or replacements in the game thread, especially to gain an in-game advantage.
    • Do not employ out of game information in order to get an in-game advantage. This rule will be enforced loosely with the exception of alignment indicative information, which should instead be made known to the host and will be handled appropriately.
      Try not to enable other players to do this either. You can help by not talking about the game outside the game thread.
    • Do not attempt to weaponize the host.
    • Do not announce intent to replace out, or make posts that could easily be interpreted in that manner.
    • Do not strategically replace out.
    • Do not attempt to abuse loopholes in the rules in order to accomplish any of the above. If you are not sure if something is legal or not, communicate such to the host in your PM.

Gameplay

• Secret Palatine is a game of THE SENATE. Players will vote on governments, pass policies, and try to find out who’s who.
  • Every player will be dealt one of three roles: Jedi, Sith, and Palpatine.
    • The Jedi are the majority, and do not know anybody else’s role.
    • The Sith are the minority, want to stay hidden, and know eachother & Palpatine.
    • Palpatine is on the Sith team, but doesn’t know the Sith.
  • The game is divided into three phases: Election, Legislative, and Executive Action.

Necessary Info

• Sith players receive fakeclaims, with each being given their own.
  • All player’s have access to an example rolecard.
Example - Yoda

Yoda

Jedi

Yoda leads the Jedi High Council and trains the young generations of Jedi until they are assigned to a master. When the Clone Wars breaks out, he becomes a general in the Galactic Republic’s army and leads several legions of clone troopers.

Your win condition is to ensure 5 Jedi Policies have passed, or that Palpatine has died

Election Phase

• When this phase starts, the next player in the list will become the Vice Chair. (Seats are randomized pre-game.)
  • The Vice Chair will then select a Chancellor
  • Then, everybody privately sends in a vote of if they want this to be the Government.
  • If a majority of players vote yes, then the government passes and the game moves into the Legislative phase; otherwise, the government fails and the phase restarts.
  • If the government fails three times in a row, the top policy in the deck is immediately passed, and the game moves into the Executive Action phase.

Legislative Phase

• In this phase, the government needs to pass a policy to benefit a faction. The Vice Chair and Chancellor may not talk during this phase.
  • The Vice Chair will be privately dealt 3 policies from the top of the deck. They must discard one, and then they PM the Chancellor & the hosts with the two policies remaining. The Chancellor then PMs me with the one they wish to discard, and the remaining policy is dealt onto one of two boards that look kinda like this (rough drawing):

• If a Jedi (blue) policy is passed, then the Jedi are one step closer to winning.
  • If a Sith (red) policy is passed, then the Sith are one step closer to winning, and certain one-use powers may be unlocked.
  • There are 6 Jedi policis in the deck, and 11 Sith policies.
  • You are free to lie about any policy you recieve.

Executive Action

• This phase only occurs if a Sith policy is passed.
  • In this phase, the Vice Chair will use a certain power granted to them, as specified on the board.
  • The Vice Chair must use it before the game can continue, and must use it within 24 hours.
  • After usage, the game continues from the Election Phase
  • Powers possible:
    • Investigate somebody’s alignment (but not if they are Palpatine or not). The first two Sith policies passed will enable this power.
    • Decide the next Vice Chair. After their election and/or subsequent phases, the game will continue as normal, the next Vice Chair being in the order as if the next Vice Chair hadn’t been decided at all. The third Sith policy passed will enable this power.
    • Assassinate somebody. They are removed from the game, and their alignment is not revealed. If they are Palpatine, then the Jedi win. The fourth and fifth Sith policy passed will enable this power.
    • Veto power is unlocked after the fifth Sith policy is passed.
Veto Power

After the Chancellor sees their policies, they may privately tell the Vice Chair they want to discard all * policies. If the Vice Chair agrees, the game moves onto the next Election Phase, with this counting as a failed government. Otherwise, the Chancellor selects a policy as normal.

Eligibility Rules

• If a player was the last elected as Vice Chair or Chancellor, then they cannot be nominated as Chancellor.
  • If the Election Tracker passes a policy, then any player is Eligible.
  • If the Veto Power is used, the eligibility stays the same. (I’m not actually sure if this is correct, but I will verify soon).
  • Eligibility rules only effect Chancellorhood, not Vice Chair-hood.

Winning

• The Jedi win when 5 Jedi policies have passed, represented by the entirety of the blue board being filled up. They also win if Palpatine is assassinated.
  • The Sith win when 6 Sith policies have passed, represented by the entirety of the red board being filled up.
  • The Sith have an additional win condition, activated after 3 Sith policies have passed. If Palpatine is elected Chancellor after 3 Sith policies have passed, then the Sith win. They have to be actually elected, however; merely being selected does not count.

Playerlist

1. Whysper
  2. Amelia
  3. Wazza
  4. Jarek
  5. Isolde
  6. Jane
  7. ATNoName
  8. Squirrel
  9. CRichard
  10. Silviu

Backups, i guess

Specs, i guess

2 Likes

Rolecards will be going out within the next few hours

Game starts at 2022-03-03T09:00:00Z

2 Likes

Rolecards going out now

5 Likes

Turn order is as follows

Jane
Whysper
Amelia
Wazza
ATNoName
Isolde
CRichard
Squirrel
Jarek
Silviu

Jane is Vice Chair, and the Election Phase starts, and will end at 2022-03-04T17:10:00Z if a Chancellor is not chosen

Massping

@Jane
@Whysper
@Amelia
@Wazza
@ATNoName
@Isolde
@CRichardFortressLies
@Squirrel2412
@Jarek
@Silviu200530

1 Like

hi friends

first round doesn’t really matter who you choose I think

yes it does

Afaik yeah doesn’t really matter

@Jane
pick me right now

:gun:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Heyyy

Holy Palatine, how do we deduce people here

D e d u c t i o n

1 Like

cant wait to disappear and then get the gun so I can shoot the palpatine and win the game.

1 Like

weh

Guess I’ll just pick Amelia

@Host_Account_4

Amelia do you want to be elected or zzzz

I mean sure lmao

President time

Wait no thats chancellor

Casually forgetting how secret palp works.png