🏆 FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

seconded.

Nominating Chloe for best webmaster of an FM site.

ouch

With the end of Pokémon Cross Wars, the nominations deadline will be 2023-01-21T22:00:00Z

Will try to update the Post tonight

4 Likes

nominating pokemon scumteam for best scum performance large game, kinda self-explanatory tbh

(or maybe it’s not, but prob worth a nom since it was a sweep + there’s only one other nom for the category)

4 Likes

Nominations for Best Misc Player

Okay, I think we need a bit of competition for Best Misc Player instead of having it default to Apprentice. :ayaya: Not that he probably isn’t objectively the best still, but I’d like to see us recognize some other people who consistently play Misc games and help make them a success.

I nominate @CRichardFortressLies for Best Misc Player. He consistently joins BotF games and plays his heart out in those. He often participates in other Misc games as well, like my SBPC, Secret Palpatine, and Secret Societies. Whenever he joins a game, he puts in his best effort and helps make the game active. I enjoy playing in games with him.

I also nominate @Jane for Best Misc Player. I don’t think they usually play BotF, but they’ve been in a number of the other Misc games like God Slayers and Secret Palpatine and such. They are a formiddable player who thinks through their moves carefully and I find it exciting to play in games with them.

2 Likes

Nomination for Best Host

I nominate @orangeandblack5 for Best Host. He doesn’t host many games, but when he does, he puts excellence throughout the whole process from design to preparation to execution.

In helping him host his invitational, I was given a peek at all the background work orange and astand put into the game well before it was time for the actual game. And he prepared like everything ahead of time and made it a smooth process for his assistant hosts. Which he was smart enough to know to have a few to make things work nicely. :ayaya: It was fun being a co-host on that game and didn’t feel like a chore, even though there was still lots to keep track of.

He was also involved in FAM2 and I’m sure was a big part of the design and hosting there as well.

2 Likes

im still sad that we just installed the M451 VC tool instead of continuing development on that VC spreadsheet that thing was sick

frankly the automatic linking to posts was good enough that I may well use it in future if I ever do any complicated games again

2 Likes

Funniest Moment Nomination

@Hippopablompoyeetus’s Kyubey post

literally funniest post of the year in context

4 Likes

Nomination for Community MVP

Okay, there’s already quite a few nominations for this category, but I did want to add one more that I’ve been thinking about throughout the year…

I nominate @ElizaThePsycho for Community MVP.

Well, first is the obvious :heart: “like” craziness. :ayaya: I can’t overstate the importance of likes! Maybe people would argue that it’s not healthy, but I think people enjoy the feeling of getting likes on their posts as an acknowledgement that they are noticed. And even when I know that Eliza now tends to like everything, I still can’t help but feel nice that at least one person is definitely seeing what I write and supporting my effort. Kind of like how moms and dads are special even when you know they kind of have to love and support you anyway. :ayaya:

Secondly, and this isn’t small in itself, Eliza hosts a sizeable number of games, both Misc and FM games. This is big help in keeping our community thriving. I’ve been meaning to get around to hosting more Misc games myself and just don’t find the time to focus on this. I’m happy whenever I see people hosting more games and I applaud the effort. :ayaya:

3 Likes

Second this

2 Likes

Second

1 Like

Thanks!

Back in my day I was called the Misc Baron

5 Likes

i’ve also been hoping to host more miscs but life’s been kneecapping me :smiling_face_with_tear:

@Hippopablompoyeetus

we don’t have a “best setup designer” category, you can nominate him for Best Host or nominate a specific setup of his for Best Setup

1 Like

ok

Post 2 of this thread should now be current

feel free to double-check that I got all your nominations in

2 Likes

The following categories have no seconded nominations at this time:

none of them! good job! every category has at least one nomination!

The following categories have exactly one seconded nomination at this time:

this isn’t inherently a problem, but some people like competition :joy_cat:

• Most Dedicated
  • Best Team Player
  • Best Misc Player
  • Best Town Player
  • Best Scum Player
  • Best All-Around Player
  • Best Town Performance, Group (Large Game)
  • Best Scum Performance, Group (Large Game)
  • Best Misc
3 Likes

second btw

2 Likes

is it too late

2 Likes

That’s a nice gesture. Thanks.

2 Likes