Secret Palpatine Round 2 - The Sith have won!

VC has more power, than Chancellor (unless It’s Palpatine after three Ss)
They see all 3 cards, and in some cases, they can force the government to a certain policy.

Nah.

You shouldn’t waste your checks on people in frozen positions.

It would be only a legit strategie, if I claimed that both me and Leafia are Jedis, but I didn’t.

1 Like

We have three people in that equality.
The person who got checked first. (call them 1)
The first checker. (call them 2)
And the second checker. (call them 3)

Also the first two people are garantued not a Jedi pair, so we have 2 power of 3 minus 2 scenarios.

The most likely that those are three people are two Sith and a Jedi. (1s, 2j, 3s) (1j, 2s, 3s) (1s, 2s, 3j)

The next is two Jedi and a Sith. (1s, 2j, 3j) (1j, 2s, 3j)

And the lowest that all three of them are Sith.

You literally cannot differentiate the three scenarios based on claims. Also the third person even cannot differentiate between (1s, 2s, 3j) or (1j, 2s, 3j) (if they checked the first checker.)

You should realize that in the second scenario (which should be 33% of the cases) we are frozen a single Sith with two Jedis… Instead of freezing a second Sith per Jedi pair, and sacrificing two Jedis for possible two Siths.

Even the blind should see that checking into frozen people does not worth.

(also I oversimplified the cases and assumed that in this scenario Sith and Jedi has an equal chance to appear in any position, which isn’t true, since there are more Jedis than Siths in the game, which weight scenario two a bit higher than 33%.)

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. That seems pretty clear. Which is why I’m confused about the supposed meta of picking your own chancellor. I just mentioned next chancellor just because maybe they want 2 options of who to pick, so at least next chancellor makes some sense since it helps determine whether that’s a good pick for chancellor in case it gets to something like SSJ where the next VC has to give their chancellor SJ and you don’t want someone who might go with the S. But just checking next VC seems best.

You can’t exactly pick yourself Whysper. Which is who your VC will be picking and only check them if you got three Sith policies and had them choose from two of them. If they tossed a blue and picked a red, then you already know what they are.

The ligic is you want toget an idea of if you should do your government with them again or not.

Checking your chancellor only really matters when you get 3 siths. Otherwise, you check random people.

Well, Marluna did claim to have gotten 3 siths…

Well to break it down, its an option and also I’m a bit biased against Marluna for having a lot of rare possibilities happened to them.

3 siths isnt that unlikely at 9/5

iirc it’s 9/5 anyway the deck isnt in the OP

its like (9/14) * (8/13) * (7/12) = 3/13 ~= 23%

I thought it was 11/6 according to a post somewhere in the thread that I can’t seem to find lol

Which just makes 3 siths even more likely anyway

I mean SSJ is ~50% which is doubled the probability of SSS and it does make sense considering we had a SSJ claim and the more sith card we put in the discard, the more likely atleast a jedi card would show up.

You don’t just check random people and it matters more than you might think.

Oh wait. I misread that.

Yeah. Only check your chancellor if you got three Siths. Otherwise check the next vice chair.

The deck is 6/11.

Getting threesiths at least once is practically a certainty so I don’t think it’s unlikely at all that Marluna got threesiths.

It’s only if it happens three or more times that you have a reason to suspect one of them actually threw away a blue.

Not in this case and time.