Secret Palpatine Round 2 - The Sith have won!

I’d agree if I wasn’t in the frozen parties.

Whysper is right about this too. If Marluna and I were both Sith, I could see this potentially happening. It’s never safe to clear someone in conflict.

1 Like

sigh

I don’t know anymore.

I guess I have never been a strict fan of games with an overarching meta and a set way you should and shouldn’t play, always kinda bothered me. Kinda feels like after a while you become a meta junkie on autopilot through the game lol.

I feel like the scenario that Lucky presented in #410 makes sense in terms of the game and us probably a good idea

1 Like

I feel like you shouldn’t completely ignore what they say. But I get your point. We don’t know if the words come from a Jedi or sith until more information comes out on the two.

I think mafia partners having a difference check on each other is a valid strategy.

Kinda gets into the messy big brain side of things

2 Likes

Wtf all my notifications got turned off for this thread, I was wondering why all the activity died :grimacing:

Shouldve checked, my bad

1 Like

But not necessarily??
Aside from the point that we don’t have enough checks for all of this, isn’t there an issue where if we are incredibly unlucky we could have three siths just checking each other as town? Lol

1 Like

Pretty sure I said this earlier and someone else contradicted me and said it’s stupid

I still think it’s a valid big brain strategy, if it has a chance of falsely clearing someone

So I’m taking difference checks with a grain of salt unless it’s super obviously true

I do have to ask, though - is it more beneficial for a Sith to claim a difference or a parity on a Jedi, if the Sith is the one checking? Because I kind of assumed the Sith would want to claim Jedi, in which case it’s not actually likely Marluna is Sith and Leafia is Jedi. It would be more likely they’re either the inverse of that, or they’re Sith/Sith.

*the Sith would want to claim aligned with a Jedi

I’m tired and I’m skipping words lol

Believe me, Lucky didn’t have a good idea there. Unless you want a better chance at a Sith win.

It depends on a lot of factors.

Not necessarily. They could want to get a conflict going to possibly get Palpatine into a government.

2 Likes

I think it’s kind of a coin toss, because it can be predictable after so many games if 2 siths claimed difference checks against each other.
I look at it as more of like, maybe if you were sith you should maybe 50/50 it
Why am i giving this advice?
But it is what I think

2 Likes

In terms of checks, what would be a good strategy then?

I could see what Lucky was suggesting to be a little tedious in terms of getting information.

So let’s say if anyone would get the same kind of check marluna got, should they just use it on somebody outside of you and marluna then?

You check either your chancellor or the next vice chair. One or the other.

Oh man, yeah, I hate that with games, too. When it gets down to where “everyone should know” to do this or that with each move. That’s no fun when there’s no room for making a different choice. I’m hoping this game isn’t fully like that. I mean, I can understand where people come to know a few optimum ways to play. But just don’t want it where there is basically just one path.

2 Likes

Now I can understand checking the next VC. But why check your own chancellor? What’s the idea behind that?

So that you can know whether your government has a Sith in it or not.

Well yes, but that’s after the fact. You’ve already seen the result of what they picked from what you gave them. Seems more ideal to pick others ahead of time so you know whether to allow a future government. And yes, I suppose your chancellor will be VC later. But doesn’t seem a reason to pick them over anyone else upcoming except whoever is more immediate, like next VC.

Seems better to pick next VC or whomever next VC says they will pick for chancellor.