Secret Societies - CHAOS (Kanave, Marluna, CRichard) WINS!

Welcome to…

image stolen off of google

Rules

• Global Site Rules
  • Do not post in languages other than English, edit/delete posts, utilize shared/hydra accounts, utilize multiple accounts, use polling/wiki features, attempt to mimic host messages, post fake quotes of other players, or spam/slank excessively.
  • Do not cheat. Announcing intention to cheat, yet not acting upon it, will still confer punishment.
    • Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are permitted to play terribly, but doing so with the intention to troll will confer punishment.
    • Do not discuss host decisions or replacements in the game thread, especially to gain an in-game advantage.
    • Do not employ out of game information in order to get an in-game advantage. This rule will be enforced loosely with the exception of alignment indicative information, which should instead be made known to the host and will be handled appropriately.
      Try not to enable other players to do this either. You can help by not talking about the game outside the game thread.
    • Do not attempt to weaponize the host.
    • Do not announce intent to replace out, or make posts that could easily be interpreted in that manner.
    • Do not strategically replace out.
    • Do not attempt to abuse loopholes in the rules in order to accomplish any of the above. If you are not sure if something is legal or not, communicate such to the host in your PM.

Gameplay

• Secret Societies is a card game for 4 to 6 players. Over the span of the game, each player will draft cards, which represent citizens in their society and establishes loyalty to one of the three factions.
  • By the end of the game, each player will have 8 cards in hand and 1 card displayed on the table.
  • The cards in your hand determine your loyalty, and therefore your win condition.
  • The cards you display at the end of the game determines who wins.

Phases

• Secret Societies is played in 14 phases between Day and Night. These are just flavor, each day and night has a specific thing that happens on that particular day/night. Each phase usually lasts 24 hours, or until every player has acted, with exceptions, as noted in their entry.
  • Any actions not submitted are randomized.
  • The main thread is open at all times. There will be no private communication, except on Night 5, in which the players who wake may only talk about the matter at hand (trading cards).
Phases

• Night 0: Foundation. All players are dealt 3 cards; keep two, display the remaining card. (This is a part of set-up, not an actual day/night; it’s just here for clarity.)
  • Day 1: Calm. All players draw 2 cards. Keep one, display the remaining card. (Henceforth this process, which occurs multiple times throughout the game, is referred to as drafting.)
  • Night 1: Origins. All players loyal to Chaos learn eachother. This phase is immediate.
  • Day 2: Concern. All players draft.
  • Night 2: Insomia. All players draft.
  • Day 3: Blame. All players must privately vote for a player; then, all votes are revealed. In a tie, another vote is cast between only the tied players. If there is another tie, I will randomize it. This phase lasts 48 hours or until all votes are cast.
  • Night 3: Backlash. All previously displayed cards are shuffled into a deck. Then, the voted player uncovers their hand; uncovered Secrets, Bribes, and Scrolls are discarded. If no Bribes or Scrolls were held (being guilty), they choose another player to uncover three random cards, discarding any Secrets, Bribes, and Scrolls uncovered. (This is called Revenge).
    Any player who discarded any cards then drafts until they hold 5 cards. Discarded cards are added back to the deck AFTER the player drafts again. This phase lasts until all players hold 5 cards, re-drafting as necessary. Re-drafted cards not kept are not displayed.
  • Day 4: Progress. All players draft.
  • Night 4: Crossroads. All players who hold at least one Bribe learn eachother. This phase is immediate.
  • Day 5: Pursuit. All players draft.
  • Night 5: Scheme. All players loyal to Chaos wake up & are added to a private chat. Any player who wakes that has a Scroll in their hand may secretly trade it with a card from another waking player. (You may lie about not having scrolls, but you may not lie about having a scroll if you propose a trade. ) This may only happen once, and it is optional. This phase lasts 24 hours, or until no trades can happen & all players have checked in.
  • Day 6: Trial. All players must privately vote for a player. Same things happen with ties. The voted player then seperates their hand into a pile of 2 cards and a pile of 5 cards. All players, outside of the voted player, then privately vote which pile is uncovered. The pile voted for is uncovered; uncovered Secrets, Bribes, and Scrolls are discarded. If no Bribes or Scrolls were uncovered, then they choose another player to to uncover three random cards, discarding any Secrets, Bribes, and Scrolls uncovered.
    Any player who discarded cards then draft until they hold 7 cards. Discarded cards are added to the deck AFTER
  • Night 6: Verdict. All previously displayed cards are shuffled into a deck. This phase lasts until drafting is complete.
  • Day 7: Tension. An order is randomly chosen to draft in. Then, players draft one at a time in that order. Note that displayed cards are shown to the table immediately, before the next player drafts.
  • Night 7: Resolution. Win conditions are evaluated. Win conditions are shown below.

Loyalty & the Deck.

• The number of Secrets, Order, and Chaos cards you hold in your hand determine your loyalty. For example, if you held 1 Secret, 1 Order, and 3 Chaos cards, then you’d be loyal to Chaos. If there is a tie for loyalty, this handy diagram helps you out! (Yellow is Secrets, Blue is Order, Red is Chaos.)
  • The number of cards in the deck at 6 players consists of the following:
    • 23 Order cards, including the special cards.
    • 18 Chaos cards, including the special cards.
    • 5 Secrets cards, including The Insight.
    • 3 Scroll cards, including The Zenith.
    • 5 Bribe cards, including The Impostor.
  • There is also special cards, including all of the following:
    • The Eye (Order) - If you are loyal to the Order, you may reveal this card on Day 3 or 6, then privately look at another player’s hand.
    • The Superior (Order) - Counts as 2 Order cards for loyalty purposes.
    • The Assassin (Chaos) - If this card is uncovered by a vote, you may choose 1 player. They discard 2 random cards from their hand, and re-draft LAST on the following night.
    • The Master (Chaos) - Counts as 2 Chaos cards for loyalty purposes.
    • The Insight (Secret) - If you display this when drafting: Choose 1 player to show you 1 card that represents their loyalty. This does not work before Day 1.
    • The Zenith (Scroll) - If you display this while drafting: Your vote counts as two for the next voting session.
    • The Impostor (Bribe) - If you display this while drafting: For only the next draft, you may keep both drawn cards & display a card from your hand instead.
  • Special cards still count as their base cards for everything; they just have conditional extra effects.
  • Note that all cards will be in hands or displayed by the end of the game, and upon each voting phase.

Winning

• On Night 7, win conditions are checked in the following order:
    • If at least 1 player is loyal to Secrets, all players holding Secrets cards win.
    • Otherwise, if no Bribe cards are displayed, the player holding the most Bribe cards wins. In the event of a tie, all players loyal to Order win.
    • Otherwise, if both a Scroll and Order card are displayed, all players loyal to Order win.
    • Otherwise, all players loyal to Chaos win.
  • Win conditions are also represented by this helpful diagram!

Playerlist

1. Whysper
  2. Kanave
  3. Marluna
  4. Aleph
  5. Drinks
  6. CRichard

Due to the size of the playerlist & the speed of the game, no subs are expected to be required. However, if you really want to, here you go.

Spectators

2 Likes

I’m also seeking a cohost; say in here if you want to cohost

/in

@Silviu200530 i think you volunteered to be cohost right

wasn’t sure how to interpret that message

/in

1 Like

Are you offering a higher rate of likes for such a glorious job?

1 gratification / day worked
(It’s mostly to make sure I don’t make mistakes)

Hey… I do not know how to operate the game and I want neither to be indecisive when needing to do something or to do blunders.

1 Like

Sorry

1 Like

/join

Can you clarify how re-draft works? (in case multiple cards were discarded from the same hand.)

you draft one draft at a time

thje cards you got discarded/dont take from the drafts dont get readded until the end right?

1 Like

re-drafts occur after everything else in the phase i think

I’ve played this before I think

F o r g o t t e n

Sorry

if you need one more dm me on discord and i’ll see how busy i am

1 Like

omg i got a cake cute

2 Likes