[Sign-ups] Hydra JoaT10 (10/10)

Welcome to Binary Stars Hydra JoaT10, hosted by @Arete and @eevee on @Host_Account_2!

Rules:

• Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.
    • To ensure the game runs smoothly, players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a day phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the day ends early due to majority.
  • Refrain from excessive ATE (appeals to emotion). Excessive ATE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someone’s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
  • I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.
  • All slots must be two-player hydras. The identity of both heads of each hydra must be outed.

Hydras

• All slots must join as hydras consisting of two players. Those players share a slot, role, alignment, etc.
  • Players should make a hydra account and inform me of their username.
  • Hydra accounts will be given titles consisting of the names of the players in the hydra.
  • Hydra accounts may communicate however they want (Discord, forum PM, etc.) but must add hosts to any communications.

Role List

Vanilla Town x7
Town Jack-of-all-Trades x1
Mafia Goon x2

All roles will be flavored around binary star systems. Flavor is randomized and not role or alignment indicative.

Sample role PMs:

Summary

Cygnus X-1, Vanilla Town

You are Cygnus X-1, Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.
Defeat the Mafia.

Cygnus X-1, Town Jack-of-All-Trades

You are Cygnus X-1, Town Jack-of-all-Trades. You have access to the following abilities, each of which may only be used once.

• Tracker: Target a player to learn who they visit that night.
  • Jailkeeper: Target a player to roleblock them and protect them from the factional kill.
  • Vigilante: Kill a player.
    Defeat the Mafia.

Cygnus X-1, Mafia Goon

You are Cygnus X-1, Mafia Goon. You and your partner share an assigned factional kill, which must be used every night.
Reach parity with the Town.

JoaT Tracker Feedback

“Your target did not visit anyone last night!”
“Your target visited [name] last night!”

Gameplay

• The set-up is a 10 player setup with 7 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town JoaT, and 2 Mafia Goons.
  • Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early and nights are 24 hours. SoD/EoD will occur at 2023-01-02T02:00:00Z on the relevant day (9:00 PM Eastern Time).
  • Executions are majority and plurality.
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LyLo (execute-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (misexecute-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must execute correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed.
  • All votes must follow the official voting format, using vote tags.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.
  • The factional kill is mandatory. If no valid kill is submitted, the kill will be randomized among members of the Town.
  • The factional kill is assigned to a specific member of the Mafia. If no member is specified, it will be assigned to the member who submitted the nightkill. If no nightkill was submitted, it will be randomized and the Mafia will be informed of who carried the kill.

Player List

1. AerieRaffles (Kanave + guavagudetama)
  2. bostonflours (May + Suit Guy)
  3. BigFooled (BigQ + Garfooled)
  4. SonicAndKnuckles (lol + dota)
  5. LeafiaButWorse (Leafia + YouButWorse)
  6. SquidSisters (ElizaThePsycho + Jaiden)
  7. Neon_Genesis_Marluxion (Neon + Marluxion)
  8. terranceleehew (SirDerpsALot + his IRL friend)
  9. Monochromatic (Achromatic + Zone_Q11)
  10. Orochimeowru (Cream + Psyx)

Looking for Partner

1. mollylikesorigami
  2. Arctic

Backups

Spectators

Milestones

2 Likes

also looking for a cohost

what about nonbinary stars

this is erasure

7 Likes

this was actually an issue when I was putting together flavor, a bunch of well known “binary stars” actually have more than two

1 Like

nice

who wants to hydra

@Arete this was what i meant when i said the sample role pms didnt line up :wowee:

2 Likes

lmao I thought you were talking about the thing where I forgot to change one of the names and completely missed that

it’s fixed now

1 Like

well it was that too

1 Like

Do both players need separate accounts?

For the game, both players will create a single hydra account that they will both play on, separate from their normal account
If you’re playing with someone off-site who doesn’t have a regular account, they can either make one or just message me on Discord to confirm they’re playing with you, but either way you would play on the hydra account

1 Like

does that answer your question?

Yes yes

@eevee is cohosting

2 Likes

How are you running backups?

If one head of a hydra subs out the other head can choose between playing solo and having me try to find a replacement head (both they and the replacement will be informed of who the other one is before I process it)

If both heads of a hydra sub out I’ll just take replacements on a first come first serve basis, even if it means a solo head rather than a hydra

Being a hydra with you would be so fun but Kana reached out to me specifically </3

1 Like

:sob:

What if hydra heads communicate in-person or over the phone?

3 Likes

that is really funny

1 Like