[Signups] Mafia: Trials and Tribulations (17/17)

Welcome to Mafia: Trials and Tribulations, hosted by @Arete, @Geyde, and @Arctic and reviewed by @Osieorb18!

Rules

• Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.
    • To ensure the game runs smoothly, players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a day phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the day ends early due to majority.
  • Refrain from excessive ATE (appeals to emotion). Excessive ATE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someoneā€™s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
  • I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.
  • Alts are allowed, but you must inform the hosts of your identity.

Setup

The setup is CLOSED. All roles will be based on characters from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney ā€“ Trials and Tribulations. Flavor is not alignment indicative, but may be role-indicative. Flavor knowledge is helpful but not required; the game MAY contain spoilers for games in the Ace Attorney original trilogy.

Additionally, the following information about the setup is public:

• There are two factions, Town and Mafia. There are no third parties or alignment changing effects. There are four members of the Mafia.
  • The Town win condition is ā€œEliminate the Mafia.ā€ The Mafia win condition is ā€œReach parity with the Town.ā€
  • This game is rolemadness. There are no vanilla roles.
  • All flips will be truthful and include alignment. However, information may be redacted from them.
  • There may be roles that cause investigators to receive false results, such as Godfathers or Millers.
  • The Mafia have a mandatory, assigned factional kill, which may be performed alongside other night actions. It may not be used on members of the Mafia.
  • Unless otherwise specified, players may use only one action in a single night and one action in a single day.
  • Unless otherwise specified, players may not self-target with actions.
  • Unless otherwise specified, players will not be notified of their action being prevented in any way or their target being changed. The exception to this is players using investigative abilities.
  • There may be additional hidden mechanics not discussed in the OP.

Sample role PMs:

Summary

The Judge

Town Instant Game-winner

ā€œIn order to fully understand that world, first we have to immerse ourselves in it completely.ā€

Example (Passive): You are an example role, and will not appear in the game.
Ruler of the Courtroom (Night): Instantly end the game in a Town victory. (1 use)
Eliminate the Mafia.

The Judge

Mafia Instant Game-winner

ā€œIn order to fully understand that world, first we have to immerse ourselves in it completely.ā€

Example (Passive): You are an example role, and will not appear in the game.
Ruler of the Courtroom (Night): Instantly end the game in a Mafia victory. (1 use)
Reach parity with the Town.

Court Profiles

• Every night, all players may submit two lists, a Truth List, of players they believe are Town, and a Deception List, of players they believe are Mafia.
  • Players do not need to include all living players on their lists.
  • In a given submission, a player may only include a given other player on one list, not both. If they include a player on both lists, that player will be removed from both lists.
  • Players may not submit themselves as part of either list. If they include themselves, they will be removed from the list.
  • If a player fails to submit a list, this will be treated as if they had submitted a blank list with no one on it.

Gameplay

• Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early and nights are 24 hours. SoD/EoD will occur at 2022-01-01T21:00:00Z on the relevant day (4:00 PM EST).
  • All actions (day or night) will lock 2 hours before the scheduled end of the phase. Actions submitted after this point will not be counted.
  • Executions are majority and plurality.
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LyLo, but NOT in MyLo. For this purpose, the determination of LyLo ONLY takes into account the number of living members of the Town and Mafia, and NOT additional killpower.
  • All votes must be in the form /vote [name of player] to be considered valid, and all unvotes must be in the form /unvote . Additionally, votes must ping the host account. Votes that do not follow this format will not be counted.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.

Player List

1. Icibalus
  2. Prophylaxis
  3. Silviu200530
  4. Frostwolf103
  5. Lucky
  6. Kiiruma
  7. Babel
  8. Marluxion
  9. Litten
  10. Apprentice
  11. Maria-Theresa
  12. Italy
  13. Millium
  14. Wisdom
  15. ElizaThePscycho
  16. Atlas
  17. Leafia

Backups

1. CRichardFortressLies
  2. Chloe
  3. GGhana

Spectators

1. DatBird
  2. astand
  3. Trochilidae

Milestones

/sub

1 Like

/sub

1 Like

i had wanted to play this but i
dont want to commit myself right now

1 Like

if i joined this id be multitabling too much
so

Find x if 33x^-2 + 49x^-1 ā€“ 10 = 0.
Apparently this problem is pretty hard.

dealing w/ burnout but post of interest

weā€™ll see how iā€™m feeling in a couple days

1 Like

/in

this may be rescinded at a later date
donā€™t call it a comeback

4 Likes

You did see mistā€™s role in PAC yeah?

1 Like

oh i. oh its that role
good on you for bringing that old thing back

1 Like

I used ā€œBeneath the Maskā€ for the SoD flavor as a very, very subtle hint that I didnā€™t expect anybody to get (and sure enough nobody did)

was fun

/in

3 Likes

!!!!!!!!!

im so tempted to in now

2 Likes

simp above

1 Like

katze below

1 Like

personally Iā€™m just fine keeping it so the last time I played with proph was 2017

not because I donā€™t like him, but because itā€™s funny to say that we havenā€™t played together in a longer amount of time than most of you have been playing

1 Like

katze above and below

3 Likes

personally Iā€™m just fine keeping it so the last time I played with proph was 2017

not because I donā€™t like him, but because itā€™s funny to say that we havenā€™t played together in a longer amount of time than most of you have been playing

1 Like

Iā€™ll be watching from over here
/spec

1 Like