Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

it’s not the overanalyzing itself, it’s what u are overanalyzing. u didnt take my reasoning for questioning them, ur just looking for reasons to SR me.
i had said basically “i asked because no one else did” up to that point, and because of that i wanted to see if their answer would make me feel weird about their slot. and i said that no, it didn’t make me feel anything.

Leafia doesn’t ooz “i hate that i’ve been caught this early by town” energy. They’re being uncharacteristically level-headed for scum.

u usually SR 1 individual and TR a few, u do not do this

that’s not answering what i said, u and i are talking about different things. then again i forgot ur original post, what was i replying to again?
oh right it was to—
“They do not react to pressure like this normally as scum”

which wasn’t my point at all. what i meant was that their behavior is unusually calm. Leafia is more skittish as scum, and i still think they are, i just think they are reacting to ur pushes unusually.
quoting one post where they say “this makes u look bad”, does not mean they are acting the same exact way this game.

how so?

1 Like

This is peak fiction.

sips popcorn-flavored tea

1 Like

L, discounting Leafia, where’s your head at right now? Thoughts on the other GameFAQers and/or the various slap fights Chris has gotten himself into?

(Super Paper Mario was also a goated game with goated music)

FWIW re eliza: She keeps joining games and puts what I feel to be fairly minimal effort which is discouraging but not alignment indicative really whatsoever.

Haven’t really played vs wolf her, but unless she does something extremely clearing or has a strong unaligned pair with a wolf then I tend to PoE her late game.

Her nervousness/anger about getting run up I don’t think is very alignment indicative but not super sure here. I don’t like to execute strong players or lurkers D1, so I wouldn’t look her way Today but definitely open to PoEing her on later days.

While I understand Achro’s point that Lea’s response post could be seen as coming from a defence position, the whole thing about owning her unhelpful start, I can’t help but disagree. I was specifically getting “outed evil” Serial Killer vibes, not “failing to stay hidden” Mafia vibes like you can see quite plainly with Leafia’s behaviour. Lea directly taunted Achro back when she was only being voted by Zenon, even when other people were throwing her name about. I could see her sliding into this position out of necessity, but it’s a risky manoeuvre for someone under so little pressure at the time. I think it’s plausible.

Achro’s argument boils down to “I’m invincible and therefore you’re intentionally wasting your time to save yourself”, which comes from a position of security. In other words, while Achro doesn’t feel threatened, he is trying to discredit Lea’s push here. My impulse is to call this V/V, but there is something weird here. Both of these posts read bizarrely to me. I don’t think they’re evil aligned, for what it’s worth.

Well you saw scum leafia, let’s look at how town leafia reacts when Achro votes @Garfooled

Completely chill, doesn’t call me a wolf

Votes someone who is voting me a little later, actually.

She is just completely unbothered by my pressure vote on her early as town. It’s a completely different reaction.

I get what you are saying that it isn’t literally a photocopy, but that’s not my standard. My standard is what you said - composure really. I don’t think she’s had any composure here where you do, whereas I look at love is war leafia and she was a confident badass who didn’t give a fuck that achro voted her early and barely even blinked.

Just a totally different reaction.

Notice how she ASKS me things when she is town that she disagrees with. She is trying to solve me.

Vs declarative statements here:

(also leafia likes to call votes pressure votes as scum lol)

She cloaks herself in ‘this is valid’ but no curiosity. No trying to understand.

“achro, can you please explain your read on marluna?” no, just says it cant happen.

again, she didnt ask.

finally many interactions in she asks a question, but its self-interested whereas her question to me about Jaiden in a previous game was asking about my mindset

(also I am pretty sure this is a perspective slip but I know some people don’t believe in those)

and she just keeps repeating.

town leafia is actually really sharp. Let’s look at hells echos.

Note she doesn’t like my opening, but also quotes a lot of posts and has a robust view of the game and even voted zorvo for a sheeping vote. Note how she asks me 'what don’t you like about it?" she asks me questions. Because she’s solving and needs my answers. She is acting in good faith.

Again, she likes to quote my posts and comment on my thoughts without needing to read me for them, she likes my world view. Then she asks for me to explain.

I could go on but there’s just a clear stark difference how wolf leafia treats me vs how town leafia treats me.

While this is a perfectly sane take, I would just like to note that Lea is very capable of sensing slight mood shifts in people and starting to come up with a reason for them. Your read is perfectly fine, but I would just suggest you do not underestimate Lea. She was # 1 on my personal list for a reason. You could be right and I am seeing shadows, it happens to the best of us after all, which is why we’re cooking up some leafeon for dinner.

There is kind of an asterisk I feel with Leafia’s confidence in Kaguya Mafia, because she did rand mason that game.

She was also a parity cop in Hell Echoes which I’d sort of classify as a self clearing role ish?

I’ll do some more digging on Sunday but I kind of want to see her reactions when being pressured as town when she doesn’t rand PR imo.

I remembered her being a bit more hostile than usual in Xros Wars, but 1. That thread has over 10K posts so isos are broken so I refuse to go in and look and 2. We were, uh, all a little more hostile than usual in Xros Wars. I had my toxic arc

1 Like

Eliza still puts in minimal behaviour when she’s evil, as she usually tries to hide out of sight, but you will still usually know she exists. In Helluva Boss, Eliza bussed one teammate when they were obviously going over and outright outed another at EOD2 without prior agreement in order to “clear” herself. In Need For Speed, Eliza did not vote her teammate, but advocated for their death after their fate was foretold. In both of these games, Eliza tried going along with the thread flow at the start of the game, voting the top wagons and such. She won’t proactively hunt her own teammates until they’re already going over, nor will she defend them.

Have been liking Magnus over the past couple of hours here btw, feels like he’s being fairly open minded and has given solid appraisals of posts (even if one of his posts imo had a decent amount of Information Instead of Analysis).

Chris
Marluna
Hippo
Magnus

Yes I realize that I am essentially sheeping Chris but I generally have a higher bar for d1 townreads, plus I’m not as is tune with this playerbase as he is.

I am definitely the nicest and humblest person on this site.

1 Like

I don’t think her treatment of me specifically would change so drastically tbh. Does Leafia being not confirmable suddenly make her cast doubt about my Marluna read rather than asking 'What made you town read her, achro?" I have my doubts.

But let’s look at the evils of Xros mafia.

Oh she replaced in, well let’s see what she does early game hmm…

So yeah in Xros mafia the first thing she does read wise is give a town read on someone.

She comes off as extremely polarized and someone (garfooled) disagreeing with this makes me think maybe he is town without TMI but also I have no reference for garfooled’s wolf game.

is there a reason why u didnt include the game in question we’re talking about? i.e. Need for Speed
i just skimmed a bit and Leafia does wallpost against u, and she is also evasive, what pinged me that she’s scum that day is that she disregarded ur explanations for ur behavior and only responded to u on mech.
the questioning bit is interesting though, i will read Need for Speed a bit more for that.
but my point isnt that Leafia is town, it’s that their responses to u are different from what im used to.

if u need one, i can link u one from 2019 on discord
outdated, and uh in a completely different environment

I didnt because you already have that game pulled up, I am citing examples of other games.

The mention of Luffy when Achro no longer has his profile picture as Luffy means this post was written out with a joke in mind, it was an intentional consideration, and it therefore isn’t a spur of the moment vibe.
Splendiferous. Do you resent this notion, Garfooled?

However, if this read was more than a vibe read, than why would Gar fail to conjure a line of reasoning until questioned by Sultan?

no, i meant it. i almost wrote luffy

bcus it was vibes initially and when asked i had to ask myself where the vibes are coming from

How could you have almost written Luffy?