Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

Tales of the Abyss

Knight-Errant

Hosted by @Marluxion and @Silviu200530. Setup designed by Alduskkel on MafiaScum.

Rules:

• Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules .
    • To ensure the game runs smoothly, players who fail to meet the requirement of 15 substantive, on-topic posts will be immediately replaced. Players who zero-post in the first 24 hours of a day phase without informing the hosts in advance may also be replaced (if you must miss the first 24 hours, inform the hosts). These requirements may be adjusted if the day ends early due to majority.
  • Refrain from excessive ATE (appeals to emotion). Excessive ATE includes, but is not limited to, statements that directly say or imply that something in the game is having a negative impact on someoneā€™s out of game relationships or well-being. Ordinary manipulation is still allowed.
  • I will be closely monitoring the thread for toxicity, harassment, and excessive ATE. However, please do not hesitate to bring problematic posts to my attention if you believe I missed them.

The Setup

9 Vanilla Town
2 Masons
2 Mafia Goons
1 Jack-of-all-trades Serial Killer (see below for what abilities are given)
2 Town Power Roles and 2 Mafia Power Roles based on the following table:

A chess knight is randomly placed on the above 4x4 table. The knight then moves randomly. All 4 roles that the knight passes through will be added to the setup. An example setup is Town Cop + Town Tracker vs. Mafia Even-Night Watcher and Mafia Bulletproof.

Godfathers are investigation immune to both Gunsmiths and Cops. Godfathers are not bulletproof.

The Serial Killer will get 1x Strongman and 1x of all power roles that were added to the setup. If the power is Bulletproof or Godfather, the action is not passive and must be activated on the night to gain the benefit. The Serial Killer may perform only one additional one-shot action in addition to their kill, unless they are using a Commute, in which case they are unable to use their kill. The Serial Killer will show up as guilty to a Cop, but not guilty to a Gunsmith.

List of Setup Possibilities:

Flavor is randomized and not role or alignment indicative.

Sample role PMs:

Roles

Vanilla Town

You have no abilities except your vote and your voice. Good luck!

You win whenever all 4 mafia and the serial killer have died.

Mason

You know [REDACTED] is a member of the town and your fellow mason! You have a private discord server to communicate with them at all times here.

3-Shot commuter

At night you can choose to commute. Doing so will cause actions that targeted you to fail. You cannot take any other actions on a night that you commute. You may use this action a total of 3 times during the game.

Gunsmith

Every night you can learn if a player has a gun. All members of the mafia have a gun except for the Mafia Godfather. Town Cops and other Gunsmiths also carry guns. The serial killer does not carry a gun.

Cop

Each night you can investigate someone to learn if they are innocent or guilty. Members of the town are all innocent, while members of the mafia and the serial killer are guilty. A Mafia Godfather or a Serial Killer using their 1-shot godfather will show up as innocent.

Tracker

Every night you can follow someone to learn who they visit.

Jailkeeper

Every night you can target a player to jailkeep. That player will be protected from kills, but will also be unable to use any night actions tonight.

Town Bulletproof

You cannot be killed at night, except by the serial killerā€™s 1-shot strongman.

Town Roleblocker

Every night, you can target a player. This will cause any actions they take tonight to fail.

Doctor

Every night you can heal a player, preventing them from dying tonight.

Mafia Goon

You have no abilities, but you may carry the mafia factional kill if you wish. Good luck!

You win whenever the serial killer is dead and the number of living mafia is greater than or equal to the number of living villagers.

Mafia Bulletproof

You cannot die at night, except by the serial killerā€™s 1-shot strongman.

You win whenever the serial killer is dead and the number of living mafia is greater than or equal to the number of living villagers.

Mafia Roleblocker

Every night, you can target a player. This will cause any actions they take tonight to fail.

Godfather

Unlike your fellow mafioso, you will show up innocent to cops and your gun will be concealed from gunsmiths.

Even-Night Watcher

Every even-numbered night, you may target a player and learn anyone who visits that player tonight.

Jack of All Trades Serial Killer

You have the following abilities:

• Kill (Unlimited uses) - Stab someone to death. You can do this alongside one of your other 1-shot abilities.
  • Strongman (1-shot) - Tonight, your kill will bypass anything that might stop it.
  • Town PR#1 (1-shot) - [REDACTED]
  • Town PR#2 (1-shot) - [REDACTED]
  • Mafia PR#1 (1-shot) - [REDACTED]
  • Mafia PR#2 (1-shot) - [REDACTED]

You win when everyone else has died or when this outcome is inevitable and unstoppable. GOOD LUCK.

Gameplay

• Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early and nights are 24 hours. SoD/EoD will be at 2pm Central time.
  • Executions are majority and plurality.
  • No-execute is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where no-execute and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-execute will have priority in the rand. In all other cases of a tie, the execution will be determined at random from among the tied players.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in LyLo (execute-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (misexecute-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must execute correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed.
  • All votes must follow the official voting format, using vote tags.
  • The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.
  • The factional kill is optional.
  • The factional kill is assigned to a specific member of the Mafia. If no member is specified, it will be assigned to the member who submitted the nightkill.
  • Each member of the mafia may only carry one action per night. The serial killer, however, can take two actions every night. One of them must be their kill action.
  • When the serial killer dies, their 1-shot abilities will not be publicly revealed.

Player List

1. @Achromatic - Vanilla Town - Died N1
  2. @Garfooled
  3. @Marluna - Vanila Town - Died N2
  4. @sulit - Mafia Goon - Executed D2
  5. @Frostwolf103
  6. ElizaThePsycho @BlueCrystalTear
  7. @Magnus
  8. @Prophylaxis - Tracker - Died N2
  9. @Hippopablompoyeetus
  10. @Kiiruma
  11. @Hazardwaste - Jack of All Trades Serial Killer - Executed D3
  12. @Zenon
  13. @Lea
  14. @Leafia - Mafia Goon - Executed D1
  15. @IfGodCouldDie - Cop - Died N3
  16. @SultanOfSlam
  17. @May
  18. @Mr.L - Mafia Bulletproof - Executed Day 4

Backups

Spectators

1. @Sadbi
  2. @YoubutWorse
  3. @Beancat
  4. @Jaiden

Milestones

Day 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Moderator Warning
End of Day 2
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
End of Day 4

1 Like

It is currently Night 0.

Day 1 will begin at 2023-04-14T19:00:00Z

1 Like

As a reminder, this game will have a post cap of 150 posts per day. We will keep track of your maximum amount of posts for each day and post it just before the day begins. This cap will be lifted 60 minutes before the day phase would end.

@Achromatic - 150
@Garfooled - 150
@Marluna - 150
@sulit - 150
@Frostwolf103 - 150
@ElizaThePsycho - 150
@Magnus - 150
@Prophylaxis - 150
@Hippopablompoyeetus - 150
@Kiiruma - 150
@Hazardwaste - 150
@Zenon - 150
@Lea - 150
@Leafia - 150
@IfGodCouldDie - 150
@SultanOfSlam - 150
@May - 150
@Mr.L - 150

As no one has posted yet, everyoneā€™s cap for day 1 is 150. If you have any issues figuring out how many posts you have made, feel free to contact a host in the appropriate channels. (IE, your rolecard, not public in thread)

2 Likes

Pre-game Note:

Flavor is neither role nor alignment indicative. Each flavor was assigned at random. You may discuss it as much or as little as you wish!

1 Like

ND 2000: In Kimlasca shall be born one who inherits the power of Lorelei. He will be a boy of royal blood, with hair of red. He shall be called: ā€œThe Light of the Sacred Flameā€, and he will lead Kimlasca-Lanvaldear to new prosperity.

ND 2002: ā€œThe One Who Would Seize Gloryā€ will destroy the island on which he was born. A land by the name of Hod. War shall thereafter persist between Kimlasca and Malkuth for a full cycle of the seasons.

ā€œSoā€¦ the time has come.ā€ A woman with long hair and bright blue eyes steps forward into a teleporter. ā€œPrepare.ā€ She continues forward, and with a flash of light vanishes.

Meanwhile, in Balticul, the Capital of Light, we find our protagonist. Looking as intellectual and elegant as everā€¦

Yeah, right. Keep staring out the window derpily Luke.

DAY 1 START

1 Like

Day 1 has begun and will end on 2023-04-16T19:00:00Z

You may now post

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 2 hours.

yoooo

How do I vote?

i am first someone talk to me now

1 Like

I canā€™t believe Proph is playing again this is VERY hype indeed. I played FF8 last night instead of doing anything productive, and you know what? The start of the game is a lot more fun than I remembered. Drawing magic is repetitive fun.

Half hour before day starts and I am sitting here pumped because weā€™ve got a lot of exciting players in this list. I havenā€™t played with Hippo since my first game here. Good ole Hippo.

I donā€™t know who Sulit is in the slightest but they just end gameā€™d as a wolf so clearly they are terrifying. How fantastic.

Zenon! If sheā€™s half as good as her friend Neon sheā€™s going to kill it.

Magnus!! The coolest guy here tbh. So hype.

Marluna I still remember you escaped my attention expertly in Love is War mafia, youā€™re a sneaky wolf.

I probably have a soul read on Hazard that I will be putting to the test.

Very cool.

Okay so as for my GameFAQs friends I suppose the things you need to knowā€¦

Lea is an excellent player who is extremely socially capable as a wolf. Underestimating her would be foolish. I also adore her on a personal level, and if she is a wolf her buddies are in for a treat since lea/sultan/me were a scum team about a month back and it was nothing but good vibes as they brutally bussed me day 1 to win. It was beautiful. But also Lea is a good, active town player as well!

IGCD is a good player who tends to sheep me since I am the best player in games normally. I donā€™t know if he will mix it up here or not, He does this regardless of alignment although he has some TELLS if he is scum and I am town and I am getting a little too close to the jackpot.

Sultan just end gameā€™d as wolf with me in champs practice where no one even looked his way until LYLO lmao. Sultan is sneaky good as wolf and is pretty great as town as well, he usually comes into thread at unique angles and does run a risk of getting some side eye but Sultan is always game.

I donā€™t know who Mr.L is. I assume someone from gamefaqs but thatā€™s not a 1 for 1 name. Be sure to introduce yourself!

Anyway you guys get HYPED FOR FLAVOR Achro which you have seen only once before in Umineko mafia. I tend to do my best work when I am hyped but weā€™ll see. Love is War too, but I was also exhausted when that game started.

Anyway letā€™s start the game with a question. Hmmmā€¦

Rank the top 3 people who you think would be most helpful to you personally if they are town, and the 3 people who would be most harmful to you if they are a wolf. No repeat names.

GameFAQs people who donā€™t know anyone, what would be the most fun setup of the possible setups iyo and why? Everyone can answer both.

Most helpful town

1. Magnus
  2. Proph
  3. Sultan

Most harmful scum

1. Lea
  2. Neon
  3. Marluna

D2-DL is probably the most townsided, so I like that one. Also one of the few that avoids wolves having a roleblocker which would be ideal.

you see the little hammer icon in the message typer? Toward the left?

I have the Ashe flavor. Who hassthe Luke flavor so I can thunderdome them before jjoining their side,switching to the evil side, and back again before dying defending them?

VOTE: Achromatic
on nom

Stop being nice right now

First

1 Like

VOTE: sulit

didnā€™t even respond to my prompts, very well my villain era starts now.

This honestly feels really.performative and chummy. It just gives me weird vibes that I donā€™t like. Iā€™ve never seen Achro like this. VOTE: Achro

Oh baby, a wall from Chris already, itā€™s almost like old times.

Btw Marluna was vanilla town in Love is War mafia.