Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

I know I wasn’t going to be satisfied with the vanity wagons I voted, I voted Sulit, May and then Achro those I want those to be counterwagons. I am in disagreement that Leafia should be executed just because of TWTBW behavior.

So I am willing to be in PoE from the wagon alone.

1 Like

Following up on these prompts, why do you townread Kiiruma, or care who your hypothetical wolf flip would or would not clear? Are you repressing some trauma or were you more so questioning my logic?

Other than the Leafia wagon, which was called for,
What behaviors pinged u wrong from Achro?
Why did u prefer them over Leafia?

FIVE YEAR PLAN

• Fuck it
  • We ball

Time for a read list.

TL;DR

TR Sulit / Proph / Kiiruma / Magnus
TL Hazard / Eliza / Zenon
Null Mr. L / Marluna / IGCD / Sultan
SL Lea / Garfooled / Frostwolf (Not together) / Hippo

(Presented in the order I thought of them, not in order of read strength)

I LOVE LONG POST GIVE ME LONG POST

ok here is a long post

TOWNREAD

Sulit - Leafia interacted with them like she knew they were town, and they keep striking me as notably different in feel from last game. It’s entirely possible she’s just particularly good at shaking up her wolfgames, but for now, I’m happy to let her be my top trust, and I like her analysis so far.

Prophylaxis - His focus seems to be drawn naturally from place to place, and I think he’d have made more of an effort to coach Leafia on the earlygame tone stuff he seems very clearly knowledgeable about. Leafia also tried to push against him before she had enough votes to make her feeling of thread pull negligible.

Kiiruma - Kiiruma doesn’t like rolling scum repeatedly. He was wolf in ENA and a few other recent games, so if he rolled scum here, I think he’d be at least a little frustrated, but he’s been consistently confident and energetic, townreading Leafia and pushing that wagon against Achro when usually he tends to TMI… he’s making a huge effort here if scum, and I’d be 1. surprised and 2. looking for the source of that motivation if he flipped scum. Being coached or something.

Magnus - We’ve never been scum together, and it puts this perpetual nervousness in the back of my mind about tells I could be missing, but Magnus tends to have a very consistent treatment of my slot that they’re mimicking here… this sort of… weird way to put it, but bias? They tend to treat my slot pretty neutrally, bringing up reasons I could be town when people scumread me, but not actively solving around my alignment being town. Like one would with a mason buddy they’ve not admitted to in thread. They’re also not much for bussing on principle, and they scumread Leafia early on.

TOWNLEAN

Hazardwaste - Leafia felt like she was actually trying to kill him with that first vote after her TPR claim; she clearly thought it was something that could swing the momentum of things in her favour, given she said town should never execute her D1, so I think her first try here holds a decent amount of weight. It is odd that the rest of her votes throughout the day are either on me or my townreads, given her bussing meta… but I don’t feel like I caught any of that usual… implicit assumption someone was wolf off any of her posts. Anyway this isn’t at all about Hazard because IDK how to read what he’s posted I’ll advance my read on him beyond Leafia later

Eliza - Scum Eliza tends to pull apart at the fibres of other people’s reads rather than actively contributing her own, and she went and tossed a quotewall in Leafia’s direction this time around. I don’t love her getting annoyed over being scumread for inactivity, you know how it is with the “why me”, but I’m willing to excuse it.

Zenon - Her pursuit of players feels… real. It feels like she’s actually going for em. Building out webs and making calls and getting people killed. Wolves tend to be more post-for-the-sake-of-posting, going for the sound of their posts over actually fighting, being satisfied once they’re townread rather than once their SRs go over. Yeag. A

NULL

Mr. L - All of my reads on this damn list can’t help but be coloured by Achro’s legacy. I go and see one of Leafia’s posts and go “hm, I feel like she’s rule of 3ing Mr. L here”, and then a couple posts later Achro goes “hm, I feel like she’s rule of 3ing Mr. L here”. This is hell on earth I want to have original opinions -_- Anyway with little meta on this slot I struggle to have an early read here, but his contributions feel… super neutral to me, which tracks with what he said about trying to “be more normal”. Stop being more normal everyone BTW it ruins your tone I can never get a read on people who try to be normal I think everybody in mafia should be insane. Anyway I got nothing

Marluna - Like. So. The thing is. Leafia just kept at it, all day. She seemed to believe there was some way she won that fight. I don’t? Thiiink? Her partners were hard bussing? She doesn’t sound like someone whose partners were hard bussing. And Marluna slots into the game, like… interestingly. Knowing that. I dunno. I don’t have a read on her. I’m using this piece of the list as an excuse to say things about game states and so on.

IfGodCouldDie -

Sultan - I’m going to be honest I’m falling asleep. They’re null reads do I nee d to fuckin explain them I put this shit under a spoiler are ytou even reading this. lLet meknwo if you’re reading this. Say hi let me know so I can say hi back. Exceptyou Magnus I already know you’re treading this so Ic an say hi alreaddy. Hi magnus

SCUMLEAN

Lea - Her early joke Leafia vote is weiiird, alongside the way Leafia started to try to connect her and Achro has… interesting timing. It feels like distancing. Lea went out of her way to read Eliza off of the Leafia wagon. I also feel like that whole “double triple reaction test trap” thing was… a recognition that Achro was onto her, and an attempt to throw him off her trail for the single day phase he had. She doesn’t feel W/W with Frost, not after a D1 wolf flip.

Garfooled - His first post, an attempt to call Leafia vs. Achro “unnatural”, is weird. I think could be an attempt to sort of… indirectly discredit Achro’s read on Leafia, which was clearly good and right. He then later pushes all the way into actually calling it SvS, very early on, which sounds like… a concession. Knowing Leafia would die, he sets up for Achro next. Also, his recent tone is forced. And choosing the same number as his last towngame is cringe (I need to get at least one number read in here). Doesn’t seem likely to be W with Lea, because he questioned whether Leafia/Lea were aligned early on.

Frostwolf - Frostwolf feels pressure at EoD when you vote his scumbuddies. It’s a distinctive reaction. He also talks about them in the neutral, measured tone, generally ignoring their wagons. I think I see it from him here. He doesn’t seem aligned with Lea or Gar, which means my readlist here is Not Particularly Accurate, but I’m not worldbuilding right now, that’s later, right now I’m giving reads, and I think they’re all scummy.

Hippo - Don’t like his treatment of Leafia at all, feels like resignment to bussing. Don’t like the way he seemed to pull at random threads early on to see who could get scumread. Yeag. That’s it :+1:

I think this might be the first time in history I’ve been considerate of people’s scrolling time. Everyone clap and cheer for May character development ^-^

3 Likes

BETRAYAL

2 Likes

The latter, I have handled Kiiruma’s slot at hell echoes exactly what I intended to do at final 3.

Here I have yet to notice the patterns, rather I haven’t yet explored three of them.

Does anyone think this could be a slip? Marluna didn’t trust Leafia’s claim, but these posts reveal a different mindset… no, this is in reverse. The second post is in-line with Marluna’s previously held belief, and the first post’s contradiction is the mistake that a villager would make, not knowing exactly what the truth is.

So this has been in my mind, with the amount of votes on Achro on EoD
And how confidently Leafia went in on Achro at beginning of D1
I still think it felt weird
But perhaps it’s because that pile on Achro was planned
“Down with the monarchy” as they say

Maybe they said “we have 5 evils, let’s go all in”

I think we should look at those that said “yes sir” and then went “no sir” later on

Looks you will never let this go, good to have you imprinted in your bias.

I was almost worried you ignored me the whole day.

Garfooled, I want to get back together with May. They agreed with my Lea / Frostwolf read.

1 Like

Actually I’m not sure what I’m saying here lol,
Head empty

Eh I don’t blame you

Do it!
See what happens

Anyway ummmm gamestae look cool if I VOTE: Hippo I am. Still tired but Ia m going to eat some chips and realtime a little if anybody has any reads questions. OK cool ^-^

My first point of contention is that Garfooled apparently scumreads democracy. Some people argue that democracy is suspicious because it can lead to corruption and the abuse of power, but one of the main reasons why democracy is not suspicious is because it promotes transparency and accountability. In a democratic system, elected officials are held accountable for their actions and can be removed from office if they fail to meet the expectations of their constituents. When Achro was democratically elected as the town’s mayor yesterday and began to sort other players into piles right off the bat, Garfooled was suspicious of his position in the town at first and made his opinion heard. This proves that Garfooled’s S/S read on Leafia and Achro was not necessarily an agenda push, but was instead the mark of a consistent mindset.

2 Likes

take the dam like
dies

1 Like