UFO Sighting Main Thread - Game Over (Aliens Win.)

lock town never rescind

1 Like

Crich/rad/??? Is my current solve

Gn

1 Like

Good night.

1 Like

LMAOO

Good luck to Jarek trying to kill me, I shaded him rightfully because he was overreacting to leafia taking his joke seriously, someone who is known to take jokes seriously.

1 Like

To be fair, I donā€™t actually know that.

1 Like

Like I was too lazy to explain it but thatā€™s why bc apparently itā€™s impossible to put 2&2 together

Anyway Iā€™m done camping in the bathroom stall back to work time

1 Like

I figured you did as youā€™ve played with her before, so if you didnā€™t I apologize for assuming

1 Like

Iā€™m very bad at picking up on peoplesā€™ metaā€™s tbh so if it happened I may not have picked up on it.

In any case.

VOTE: Unvote

1 Like

I get the read on crich (Iā€™m scum lean on him myself) but curious where youā€™re getting that read on me. Can you elaborate a bit?

1 Like

I need to step up my game I feel like Iā€™m a circus act right now

1 Like

Going to head out gor RL for a bit now so talk to everyone more later. :sleepingleafeon:

1 Like

didnā€™t you townread Rad? what changed for you?

1 Like

Remind me. How many games have you played with Leafia before this game in total?

1 Like

Iā€™ve hosted a game Achro was in as a wolf.
He won in F3, so I wouldnā€™t underestimate his wolf game from that alone.

1 Like

Remember this for later, itā€™s important for context.

The immediate (albeit unproven) vibe from this post is ā€œAlana would like to speak, even when itā€™s not doing anything.ā€ To explain what I mean by that, since I too dislike naked votes, Iā€™ll need to draw back to this principle with additional quotes.

Initial viberead on both Jarek and Leafia, removing themselves from the debacle without completely ignoring it. Townleans CRichard for being helpful, just posting surface reads before entering the fray properly.
Achro piped in with how scum are typically honest with v/v assessments, which I could understand (as Evil, itā€™s easier to find Town as Town when you know theyā€™re Town), but I think this post can also come from a villager settling in a new game.

What is happening here? Only one person, Leafia, the player under my microscope, disagreed with what I had to say there. Which, if anything, makes me concerned itā€™s especially wrong.

Alana draws on past experience to agree with Leafia on why Litten can be good. Given the wording of this and that other post about CRichard, and how this is Alanaā€™s second game on site, Alana seems to hold confidence in metareads, at least for the early game. This could be a way to dodge reading objectively if you squint at it?

Misunderstood the Singer role. I could understand not knowing about the role immediately (I already knew about the role as a concept from Mafiawiki from last game, when I was browsing for fakeclaims), but given how others didnā€™t bother to look up the role either and taken at face value, this should townslip Alana. Or this could be a faked derpclear, itā€™s not particularly inspiring either way.

Without researching the role in advance, Alana could foreseeable conclude ā€œkilling Neon during the night will give the information of multiple factions outside Townā€. Using Neon as ā€œbaitā€ after loudly claiming a role Alana interpreted as being useful once nightkilled, and would therefore be left alone by evils, shouldnā€™t logically follow?
I donā€™t really like Alanaā€™s second post up there. Itā€™s not necessarily informative on its own, but Alana couldā€™ve tried a derpclear right there.

This was in response to Neon voting Achro, so this is a valid response, finding a way into a conversation without appearing unnatural. Alana saying ā€œperson acting good with a self-resolving claim is good, case closedā€ method is fairly straight forward. I donā€™t especially disagree, but the lack of doubt does make one wonder.

It just means you havenā€™t been acting bad, but you hadnā€™t been overwhelming at that point in time. Youā€™ll only rarely find polarising figures in the middle of a tierlist.

It also turned out the wiki actually confirms it only triggers if nightkilled, but I didnā€™t realise that at the time.
Responding to old neutral content, but it seemed natural, soā€¦

I donā€™t know Alana, so I canā€™t read this post. But itā€™s interesting nonetheless.

Given the ā€œsuperficial townreadā€ comment from before, I assumed Alana read my first post. At the very least, they know it exists. So itā€™s strange why Alana didnā€™t try asking me questions about this or anything. Iā€™m getting commentator vibes from Alana.
ā€¦Nevermind, forgot I didnā€™t vote Leafia. Carry on.

As Evil, itā€™s easier to find Town as Town when you know theyā€™re Town.
In honesty, though, I can agree with these general reads.

Naked vote, contradicting oneself.

At this point Iā€™d assume Alana was settled into the thread, having entered the fray. Nice to meet you.
Alana votes Litten, posts an explanation (quoted above), and unvotes without explanation. Not long after, Alana posts this:

So Alana unvoted their strongest scumreadā€¦ without any preamble or reason. Like they donā€™t want to dig themselves too deep. I donā€™t think an evil interacts this way with their partner, given how blatant this is, so Iā€™d likely assume V/V or V/W, weā€™ll see how this goes.
The vote itself wasnā€™t bad, voting someone you previously played with over someone you donā€™t know, especially if youā€™re inclined to think theyā€™re bad. My hypothesis of Alana using metareads is also supported here.

Fairly confident in their townreads. I think we can pay attention to whether Alanaā€™s reads change naturally or not, if theyā€™re like this.

(Talking about Radā€™s case on Alana.)
Certain players tend to occasionally express themselves in less villagery ways, as I know. The resolution is to just overwhelmingly be right and get nightkilled before it becomes a problem.

(Talking about CRichard.)
Elaborating on that metaread is good, although I think Iā€™d prefer if Alana interacted with a few other people as well. An evil could very well latch onto one person, and that could be happening here. Itā€™s not inconceivable.

Good to know.

Youā€™re actually right, Achro did townread Rad. But this wasnā€™t an Achro ISO, Iā€™d need to check separately if the shift was natural or premeditated or not.

3 Likes

I understand there is talk about the Singer being scum aligned, though the mafia wiki read makes me confident that isnā€™t the case. If Zorvo for some inexplicable reason made them scum aligned, Iā€™ll have words with them post game.

2 Likes

Wait who is Crink

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s either you or CRich, both are one letter removed. But Iā€™m not sure which one it refers toā€¦

1 Like

I am simultaneously town and outside the circle of trust.

1 Like

Schrodingerā€™s Circle of Trust.

2 Likes