Umineko FM: Land of the Golden Witch - Thread 2 - Days 3-7

No one trust you with a gun katze.

i was voted “most trustworthy to own a gun in a mafia game” in high school tyvm

@sufdaddy

why do you think achro is a wolf and im a villager as opposed to vice versa?

sry if you explained earlier, just… head cloudy, ill probably read isos later but for now i am still basically asleep :joy_cat:

alright listen up mafia, if you kept me alive to tunnel gorta im going to tell you today that it’s NOT gonna happen. you see, i took the liberty of rereading yesterday’s EOD and ive noticed some of you are outed. i am finishing a small post right now exposing each and every one of you and every single player i ping MUST answer my question or i will tunnel you into the ground

1 Like

I can tell by the pixels

he is wolfier than you and you probably aren’t aligned with visor, and gorta is likely a villager (for how he treated rue, for how rue/visor treated him) so I’m not worried about you carrying him as w/w as much anymore

i thought your post back on day 3? 4? where you said achro made a post in the neighbor chat that seemed p fake was good, but I started to think you were just bullshitting “concern” because you never seemed to seriously consider him and kept voting me for vague reasons. his turn on you this phase seemed pretty awkward, yours on him seemed more natural. frankly if you two are wolves idk why you didn’t simply try to bury me today

some of the ways achro has treated you make more sense as w/v than w/w, I pointed it out some in sadbis chat last night (and was asking about visor thoughts too ftr). in fact back on d3 when I made the post about achros eod1, my default assumption was that it was w/v between him and you

I thought I’d already clarified this but maybe I hadn’t: I have not ever approached achro as “x player is y alignment, so achro is a wolf”. it’s always been “I think achro is a wolf, is x player with him or not?” (guava for example, there was never the votes to get achro so I tried to find other wolves. I knew it was v possible the hard shield was actually based on TMI and not a w/w defense,I believe i did mention that sometime. my read on achro wasn’t based on guavas alignment,I could see it either way. I don’t know what he’s talking about wrt being read based on zorvos alignment.)

Jack day 1

So on the one hand “it is becoming a distraction so best ignored” would have turned out to be the best advice in the history of the universe for day 1, but also at the time it feels like TMI. Almost everyone was in some form or another trying to puzzle out what in the fuck Zorvo was doing for better or for worse and Jack is just like “yeah you’re obviously not being genuine but you’re town so it is fine.” Like, uh, it’s like Jack has never heard of refuge in audacity (maybe he hasn’t I don’t know his play experience) and for him to tie a bow on it so quickly without much fuss feels like what he thought the thread was going to go with and wanted to just say it.

But that feels so mean, because Jack was right. Like, the man wasn’t WRONG here or anything, more right than me or most of day 1 that spent a lot of day(s) going “what the fuck zorvo?” but also if I look at something like Love is War it was mostly the wolves who loved Zorvo early and found no issues with THE CHAOS. I don’t know if Jack has any history with Zorvo/Seth to bank on either, which was my only saving grace from thinking him insane. Hm, they played together in Love is War but at the time of this I am pretty sure Zorvo was days away from being flipped and Jack was 3p there and Zorvo didn’t act like this. Feels like a very handwavey thing coming from someone like Zorvo but maybe Jack is just an innocent boy who didn’t know any better.

Actually. I think I answered this day 1 somewhere for myself or maybe day 2 when someone asked me about Jack maybe Katze and I said it depended on the what type of player Jack was.

Has uh… Jack been analytical about anything this game after this? This sounds like a cruel question but all I remember from him the past two days is a) kill me and b) well my neighbors said to do this so I will. This is such a bogus answer.

Very correct from Jack. Very correct indeed.

I feel like this is the most thought Jack has put into a read all game and its the first bit of the entire game. I will keep reading as I am feeling actually mean for saying it like this.

Just posting these two since if I am right about jack I can’t wait for the final form of “guess achro’s partner” to be jack x). I am partnered with everyone who flips town so far and all of the wolves, truly my partnership range is terrifying.

… This is, hm. This is a POST alright in relation to Katze.

What were the votals then

Heisenberg (6): eliza, spf, Hally, BradLand, nightingale, Rue
Memes (3): Sadbi, Zorvo, Phraze
katze (3): min, SaulGoodman, sufdaddy
GaulSoodman (1): Heisenberg
Rue (1): GaulSoodman
min (1): Outedwolf
spf (1): Memes
Prophylaxis (1): katze
Gyrlander (1): Achromatic

Not Voting (7): eevee, Gorta, guavagudetama, Gyrlander, HowardHamlin, Jackrito, Prophylaxis

Hm. This almost has to be a difference check for Katze and Rue in wolf Jack worlds, right? It’s kind of the classic 'I am not saying anything good or bad about either of these, really, but you know ISN’T IT JUST A LITTLE STRANGE that [TOWN] has gotten less attention than [MY SCUM BUDDY] and maybe we should consider that if this slot flips [WHAT I KNOW IT IS GOING TO FLIP]

Oh no I am town casing Katze for Katze.

There really can’t be any other implication from this vote to me other than v katze and w rue and we already know w rue. Like, this is “okay fine I’ll bus but man THAT KATZE PERSON SURE LOOKS BAD”

Don’t mind me just town achro tilting his head at Jack’s theory

Mmmm… unpartnered feeling for sure.

Sticking to that line huh Jack.

“Actually now that I see my read from earlier isn’t the way of the thread, let me just back track completely thank you for your time.” Okay Jack I see you x)

@katze you said you glanced at his day 1 earlier and didn’t find anything particularly alarming didn’t you? The fuck is wrong with you? x)

Posting this because I am catching some strays for having the audacity to pursue a lot of leads before settling back into Heisen and Jack quoted this post. SPF, in all her town glory, also thought it was not great that the thread was so consumed with two people. You see folks when you don’t know the flips you will at times do things to shake things up because it is beneficial for town in the long run. Gyr even thanked and TOWN READ me for pushing him like I did because despite his zaniness because he saw this utility in my play. It is a stark contrast to Zack who reacts pretty aggressively any time someone so much as looks his way.

Heisenberg (5): eliza, spf, nightingale, Jackrito, Gyrlander
Zorvo (5): GaulSoodman, SaulGoodman, Achromatic, Memes, Hally
Memes (2): Sadbi, Phraze
katze (2): min, sufdaddy
Prophylaxis (2): katze, HowardHamlin
BradLand (1): Rue
GaulSoodman (1): Heisenberg
min (1): Outedwolf
Hally (1): Zorvo
Unvote (1): BradLand

Not Voting (4): eevee, Gorta, guavagudetama, Prophylaxis

Achromatic at the time was pushing for spf to have a broader view of the game because it was game healthy. I was suspicious of Gyrlander for placing what I felt was an easy vote because I didn’t have TMI that Heisen was a wolf. I had a clear reason for worrying about the wagon due to an Eliza meta read. I think it is obvious I am blissfully unaware that heisen is lock wolf, at this point I even called him an ice cube.

Look at my beautiful and nuanced solving.

Anyway back to Jack.

A very interesting way to think of it when Jack expressed a few posts ago in his iso he was more OK with Zorvo going over. This feels like blatant TMI.

We will get back to this thread on day 2 but it is a knee slapper.

semi in the background as wolf, did you say Jack?

“The joy of town is making cases ion people, having those gotcha moments.”

I know this game has been a slog but has he… done this at any point? I will find out I suppose but my first answer is a resounding no.

So much TMI

Is that the stretch Jack? Is it?

That’s it for Jack day 1.

Conclusion: Pretty fricking fracking sure Katze/Jack ain’t it and most of his interactions are just not good. His progression on Zorvo is kind of all over the place and being passively “OK” with a Zorvo lynch when it feels as if he knows he is town throughout the day is just a bad look.

Day 1 read: Jack is Howling.

Of note from what I saw he only had one interaction with Zack and 0 with Visor and Ruby (not saying much there though). He talked back and forth a bit with Rue about Zorvo and a couple of other things.

katze (3): Achromatic, Rue, Zorvo
Memes (2): Sadbi, Gyrlander
Gyrlander (1): Memes
guavagudetama (1): sufdaddy

Sir you literally started the Guava wagon

Be Achro. Read Ruby’s ISO days ago. Note that those two are never aligned. “WOW Achro is overconfident.”

Like if you thought it was achro + x, why the fuck would you ever start the guava wagon then just hashing it out with me then and there? lol. This is not what happened.

not to mention “rue seemed alright” lol

Sometimes the person who is actively pushing the wolf wincon is in fact just a wolf.

Rue (6): Gyrlander, Achromatic, Zorvo, Gorta, katze, Jackrito
Achromatic (4): sufdaddy, Sadbi, Outedwolf, Rue

Two dead wolves on me. Two players voting Rue (including one who said to never kill me and took me and katze’s advice of lighting visor up last night in order to “confirm” zack one way or another)

It’s Zack/Jack

They didn’t have the votes, they couldn’t force a tie to try to win a flip because as soon as I flip town Gyrlander ignites visor and infects someone else from voting.

9 left
two scum kills
visor dies
rue gets infected as gyr promised

katze/sabi/gorta vs rue/zack/jack but rue cant vote and everyone is outed.

pile drive one of zack/jack, 3-2

night kill and rue die 2-1

kill the other

town wins.

So what scum had to hope for because of the threat from Gyr is that either they could get people to vote out Gyr (lost wolf teehee) or they had to get more town than just sabi on my lynch so gyr would target them instead. That’s why there was so much dancing. Because Gyr was looking right at them and saying if you hurt my boy achro I am going to kill you.

Then when all other votes are cast Jack swoops in because there is no other play for scum.

This is the solve. Accept it. Run from it. It happens all the same.

Everything lines up.

They tested the waters with Katze even, but there was no real support for that in the long run so they couldn’t pursue that.

It all lines up.

It’s just Zack/Jack.

Okay. Clarity has been had. Let’s fucking go @Sadbi @Gorta @katze

let’s FUCKING GO.

I literally JUST said why, no one would vote you and I thought guava was a better option than the others in that vc

wat

I don’t think I ever voted katze yesterday

jack did

Think about this, if I and Rue are both wolves… why didn’t visor vote rue when threatened by Gyr? If we are both wolves he probably is alive if he just fakes progression and caves.

yeah. This is good.

Zack, I’m fine with Jack today. Are you?

huh?

my biggest scumcase for zack is the fact that half of the time our town protectives acted they protected him

the law of “average fol village” indicates that the person being protected the most is mafia

(this isnt serious, im not really here, just saw a ping and am acknowledging i saw it)

ahh I am thinking too fast I just got a rush of adrenaline

oh this is hype. oh I like this game again.

@katze thoughts on jack day 1 unless you are like really not here also thoughts on my yesterday thought progression on why it broke down like it did.

I have townread gyr all game, since d1, and never pushed for his death

I am pretty sure I also never commented on the arson or told him what to do with it