Weekly Monday Discussion #1

Kyo posted with host account, Chloe assumed it was amelia when both kyo and amelia have it. They transferred post ownership to amelia. Then found out it was kyo

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you could transfer ownership of posts

Yeah we did it on the old forum to, cause some posts were made by like Alfa during the olden days for the og classcards or Prietess for the queue thread, we just transferred it to other mods

1 Like

I have liked every single Chloe post

Marshal, tonight we duel

The problem with the first 2 polls is that my answer for the second depends on what happens for the first poll

Like if we have 2021 awards it will include games from this site, but if we don’t have old FoL awards then I would want 2021 games from this site to be included in 2022 awards

2 Likes

i dont remember what i voted but orange sounds smat and has a point so

#bringstickyavatarstodarkmode

How I would interpret it, is that the first poll is specifically 2021 on the old site. It wouldn’t include these recent games. The second poll is if you want future awards and if so do you also want these recent games to be apart of the 2022 one as well or start from January 1st

2 Likes

I think we should go ahead with the awards for 2021 because it can provide some form of closure which we never really got with the abrupt end to FoL

Especially via the inclusion of legacy awards, we can reminisce on the entire history of FoL and I think the sooner we do this the better, before we forget about most of these games or players move on

We don’t need to have official badges or actual awards that mean anything because it’s a different site obviously, but I think hosting the awards is a good way of symbolically wrapping things up especially with how the last site ended so suddenly/without any real notice

3 Likes

Aka

Somehow you mistook Kyo for me

:wowee:

Funeral

wait a second god damn it now I realised the storyteller is voting on the first polls
oh well anyway that’s me

I think the big issue I see with that is that if we’re trying to make it a celebration of the site as a whole then the fact that only like two people actually nominated any legacy games means that it’s really not going to be a representative awards for prior years and the fact we lost an entire month of this year’s stuff means it won’t be good for 2021 things either.

1 Like

Plus good luck getting people to go back and look at old games now when voting

lol

Strongly agree with this take
We have mostly optimized the vote format as of current (host accounts, pinging hosts, extra things hosts can do to make knowing when votes happened)

And the overall performance isn’t bad?

Auto VCs are mainly going to be useful if we start running very large games

Plus 451-style automated VCs don’t even work very well in large games anyways :wowee:

i just think it’s better than nothing
and as for the second part i doubt people would have read the games anyway, and even then they were probably just going to vote for the ones they knew/were in

1 Like

I think a paper plate style FoL 2021 awards is fair
It’s unreasonable to go through the full effort required to set everything up
But no sentiment whatsoever is a bit of a buzzkill

2 Likes

Really
Isn’t that just because people are bad at it

Paper plates should be only old site
We can have the 2021-2022 cycle start from start of new forum to around the same time next year

3 Likes