What would make a multiball game worth joining?

Your PFP is hilarious I can’t get over it

the only thing “frowned” upon is forcing someone to be a certain role

1 Like

I never forced anyone to be a certain role but I know certain hosts who had to

I think forceranding setup or something is just bad practice.
But discriminatory forceranding is just downright awful.

2 Likes

Forceranding setup is a bandaid to the setup being poorly designed :wowee:

See: Blood on the Clocktower, where everything is poorly designed that you need a player constantly balancing it

1 Like

that game sucks

who would ever play it

3 Likes

way back yonder I was helping Eevee design a setup

I never got around to actually finishing the show until much later so the roles I were making were blissfully ignorant of the actual flavor of the game

eventually Eevee decided he was going to create the setup by himself, and asked me if I wanted to play

the problem was I already knew some of the hidden mechanics of the game such as there being two scum factions

so he force randed me as a lost wolf who’s mechanics already knew the setup (which was already going to be in the game)

1 Like

the greatest part is I thought he would change the mechanics until I was a lost wolf

1 Like

This isn’t setups like FoL or ToS tho, you can get away with doing that bc it’s closed.

1 Like

I’m just talking generally, usally you could roll certain setups if you want to go for a certain theme

For example, there was a fol game which the host wanted a lot of death, so they balanced the setup to include two alchemist ect

1 Like

Oh, right. I see. That makes sense.

This is setup forceranding, which is like, totally okay but imo not ideal
Like the overall setup should’ve been balanced to have an adequete amount of KP to begin with
I’m talking about if you were to include those alchemists or whatever (let’s say Prince) and forcerand Alice/whatever strong player it. Or, in turn, forcerand a newbie/“bad” player VT or a less-powerful role

I to this day do not understand how that game fills

Amelia purposefully chooses the most torturous and painful homebrew scripts to run on the forums and people actually join, I too am confused

3 Likes

this was not me talking about force randomly certain players

that was me going back to force randing setups

1 Like

forceranding semi-open setups is fine as long as players are aware that its a thing
just, do not expect replayability unless your setup is made very carefully

people make mistakes

1 Like

yeah

yeah

I play the game, experience great pain, forget how painful it was and come back 6 months later and the cycle repeats

forceranding roles to specific players is intensely damaging to the game sanctity and can lead to people feeling frustrated and gets on a really personal level that should not be tread in unless you know everyone playing extremely well and that with certainty they would be okay with whatever particular change you made

2 Likes