When They Cry - Higurashi Forum Mafia Signups

When They Cry
Higurashi Forum Mafia

An Open Micro Mafia game for 7 players created and hosted by Osieorb18
Flavor (and cohosting) by orangeandblack5

Warning: May contain slight, out-of-context spoilers for Higurashi - When They Cry.

Keiichi Maebara has just moved to the quiet little village of Hinamizawa in the summer of 1983, and quickly becomes inseparable friends with schoolmates Rena Ryūgū, Mion Sonozaki, Satoko Hōjō, and Rika Furude. However, darkness lurks underneath the seemingly idyllic life they lead.

As the village prepares for its annual festival, Keiichi learns about the local legends surrounding it. To his horror, he discovers that there have been several murders and disappearances in the village in the recent years, and that they all seem to be connected to the festival and the village’s patron god, Oyashiro-sama. Keiichi tries to ask his new friends about these incidents, but they are suspiciously silent and refuse to give him the answers he needs. As more and more bizarre events occur, he wonders just what else his friends might be keeping from him, and if he can even trust them at all.

When madness and paranoia begin taking root in Keiichi’s heart, he will stumble straight into the mysteries at work in Higurashi - When They Cry.

Rules and Expectations

1. Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules. “This is a game, which is being played for fun. Don’t be a jerk. If you damage the sanctity of the game, you damage the sanctity of your position in future games.”
  2. This is not a Bastard game.
  3. Elimination deadlines will be 48 hours. Resets will be 6-30 hours at host discretion. (Usually 12-24.)
  4. In addition to the 15 posts expected by Rule 16 of the Forum Game Rules, you are expected to make at least 5 content posts per 24 hours of the Day phase or communicate to the host that you cannot do so.
  5. Players may not self-vote. In my experience, self-voting goes hand in hand with OGI, gamethrowing, and unenjoyable game states.
  6. Mafia have Daychat. There is no posting requirement for Daychat.
  7. Two eliminations will occur during the Day, on the same deadline.
  8. No role reveals will occur.
  9. Majority elimination will occur at >50% of players. When the first majority elimination occurs in a Day, votes will reset and, if necessary, time will be added to the day such that the deadline is at least 24 hours away.
  10. Plurality elimination will occur at ≥25% of players.
  11. If eliminations still need to occur at the end of the Day, then the top relevant player(s) in terms of number of votes on them will be eliminated.
  12. Players may not vote for no elimination.
  13. If a tie in votes needs breaking, the first player to reach the relevant number of votes is eliminated.
  14. If an elimination needs randomizing due to no elimination occurring, the host will randomize the elimination equally amongst all players in whatever fair manner tickles their fancy.
  15. When you vote, please place it on a separate line and tag the host. If your vote is not counted, please DM/PM the host or attempt again to vote.
  16. LET’S PLAY SOME MAFIA!
Example Role PMs

You are Miyo Takano, a Town Citizen.

“I’m Miyo Takano, and I will be your traumatizer for tonight.”

You have no abilities other than your vote and your voice.

You win the game when only Town members are alive.

You are Kuraudo Ōishi, a Town Day Vigilante.

Ooishi

“Ignore Collins, he’s a damn clown. Gabriel had his number and he knew it.”

During the Day, you may publicly target another player (by posting “/shoot [target]” and tagging the hosts) to kill that player.

You win the game when only Town members are alive.

You are Jirō Tomitake, a Mafia Goon

Tomitake

"I’m not here as some sorta harbinger of the apocalypse or anything, y’know?
…So did you know that somebody was murdered here?"

You have no abilities other than your vote and your voice.

At the beginning of Night 1, if you are alive, after checking for your win condition, the game starts over.

You win the game at the beginning of Night 1 if both Mafia team members are alive, or if the the game would restart a third time.

Take me to June 1983 (/in):

1. BradLand
  2. min
  3. Blizer
  4. lol
  5. dota
  6. JakeTheWolfie
  7. EliThePsycho

Perhaps another June 1983 (/backup):

1. GGhana
  2. LinearPoint?

October 1986 is better (/spec):

1. Jane
  2. Chloe
  3. DatBird
  4. Prophlyaxis
  5. Trochi
  6. YouButWorse
  7. Isolde
  8. Wazza
  9. ThePretender
  10. Arete (informed)
  11. Katze

tl;dr

/October 1986 is better

/in

Thats an intereting take on purgatory

oh wait
i thought this setup was what rubber band was
ok we’re good i didn’t want to play this anyway lol

1 Like

/In

what the fuck

/spec

This setup is pretty accurate to lore material tbh

2 Likes

/October 1986 is better

@orangeandblack5
I’m presuming this setup can potentially re-roll 3 times?

This game seems to focus on alignment rather then players.
Sounds Interesting.

/in

1 Like

unironically excited to play this, srtup looks very fun

Heeeeey Dota!
Long time no see.

The rand doesn’t change if the game restarts

Hmm?

1 Like

Yeah its purgatory basically

And its also double elim on voting

What’s purgatory