- The game itself is pretty simple. 2 people are given different words to start. After you say your words, you both try to say another word that relates to both of the words you just said at the same time. Then, you both try to say a word that relates to the two new words you said. Repeat this process until you say the same thing.
- Example round
|Round||Player 1 Word||Player 2 Word|
- These players were trying to say a word that relates to the two words they are given. In round 2, for example, Player 1 chose “nature” as trees and cats can be both found in nature, and Player 2 said “Moderators” because 2 FoL moderaters are commonly represented by trees and cats. In this match, this pairing would have won by round 4, both saying “Chloe” as a word that relates to “Homosexuality” and “Human”, both finding this relation from Chloe being a human who commonly states her homosexuality through statements such as “i’m gay”.
- You and your partner will be given a random word pair using https://randomwordgenerator.com. This is to prevent metagaming or the random words you choose being the same.
- Instead of saying it at the same time, as that’s not feasible, you and your partner will both have a private message in which you will say and be given your words. You will both say a random word to give the original word pairing.
- There will be multiple teams of 2 running/competing at the same time. After 24 hours, the pairings that took the largest number of rounds to get to their word will be eliminated.
- The number of teams eliminated each round will be calculated with the formula [number of teams remaining]/4, rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, if there are 13 pairings left, the formula would be 13/4 = 3.25, rounded to 3, meaning the 3 worst-performing teams would be eliminated that round.
- After every round, every pairings results will be posted in a table like the example one. In the case of ties, the winning team will be the one who performed better the previous round. If they were the same, then the round before that. if there are not enough previous rounds to determine that, a special tiebreaker round will be held just for those teams to determine who remains.
- Talking in thread to discuss the hilarious word parings will be allowed, but strategizing or trying to signal to your teammate will not be allowed. Speaking of this, Please don’t communicate in any way with your partner about your choices in ongoing rounds. Even jokingly. That ruins the spirit of the game.
- You can not attempt to game the system in any way by going against the spirit of the game or the rules by trying to metagame by repeating words or keeping some kind of pattern across rounds (such as saying numbers every round and then making your next word always the next highest number). Any attempts to go against the spirit of the game will be banned and I will make you submit a new word. If I rule you have to resubmit because it’s in some way meta-gamey, the ruling is final and I won’t take arguments. Please don’t try to bend the rules to your advantage, just don’t. I reserve the right to flat-out remove you from the game if you do.
/in with a partner or by yourself. If it’s with a partner, they must confirm. If it’s by yourself, i’ll put you in “looking for partner”. If at the end there are multiple people in “looking for partner” who want to play but haven’t chosen, they’ll be RNG’d together. There is no cap on players/teams this game.