Baldur's Gate 3 uPick - Day 4 [8/13] - The Party Wins

Huh… I wonder why I couldn’t get hosts to confirm that. Weird.

1 Like

@Luka for future reference do you actually have a feud with Someone or did you just make that up to explain why you had zero mentions of him

it was probably eliza who opened your DM but didnt respond because either she couldnt due to school or parents or sometimes shes a forgetful gold fish. and after she does that daeron loses the notification so he doesnt know about your question too

2 Likes

:skull:

2 Likes

btw the problem with basing host decisions on “which team would be benefited more” actually felt more like a botc-esque “which team is losing more” from the justification you gave me - you said eskcanta was a required ML when i got to dvc which surprised me because they seemed obvious town - but this was actually because everyone i had in my poe other than the wolves was mech cleared or going yo be mech cleared

and when you do stuff like this it becomes angleshootable - in a future game if something like this happened then it could be angleshot that you made the decision because wolves were behind and thus there aren’t any deep or well-positioned wolves. or if you make a modkill less punishing for town by not ending the day with it then the opposite can be assumed. this is why you can’t decide how you’re handling infractions like this on the fly and there should be ~some idea of what the procedure is because, sometimes even unintentionally, you’ll be biased to make a decision favoring one team, most likely the underdogs

1 Like

I had no idea you asked that question if you did. I remember answering Arctic on that, though. Sorry.

1 Like

Do you think Someone kind of regret revealing Luka has the key?

Technically not the sole reason they go down quickly, it is a motive.

He didnt out Luka directly but like making it sufficient about it.

I can’t say exactly what I would have done 100% in another case, but the fact that the post restriction came from a scum ability and that its against the rules, made me really reluctant to allow town to be rewarded from it
The entire purpose of it being against the rules to claim to have been bargained was to prevent people from just breaching the restriction and soaking the punishment, like you can with Mutant in botc.
If that was the intention of the rule then it’d have just been “something bad happens” rather than a breach of the rules
Scum should have been able to 100% rely upon obligations being fulfilled (and vice versa if they placed obligations on themselves) which was backed by rules.
To keep within the spirit of scum being able to rely upon obligations I needed to punish quite heavily
Also, as Zone said:

I believe I achieved this

Ending the day definitely feels unfair, and it is out of proportion for breaking a post restriction by softing, but it was necessary. Imo. And I can understand why it feels unfair. The game reviewer also says that they’d rather it not have ended the day, too.

1 Like

I think its a problem inherent with the Mizora role that it integrates host discretion a lot, which isn’t typically seen in mafia.

A bigger scandal that reflects this is how 75% of the Mizora rolecard was practically made up and sort of retconned midway through the game. It has such vast possibilities that it was impossible to consider and balance pre-game, and also it’d be larger than the full 3 1080p screens tall it already was.

A massive part of the bargaining with Mizora was that she couldn’t lie in bargains - and this wasn’t even on the card!

1 Like

I think the concerns about angleshooting are valid. But I also openly invite anyone to attempt to angleshoot my decisions or setup design (privately - do not do it publicly). They will not succeed.

Also @Arctic in dead chat you asked what going to the mods would do - you could seek a hosting blacklist.

yeah it was a mistake, happens

lol i never had any interest in talking to the mods, i think that was your suggestion. i think you did what you thought was best and you had every right to do it given the ambiguity of the role

it’s not that deep, and part of my annoyance was from thinking the modkill was due to an integrity breach and so i didn’t believe wolves should benefit by having the day ended early, but obviously this was an incorrect assumption

2 Likes

It was my suggestion, and then you replied with why you’d go to mods because what would they do, and that’s my answer. It just took me ~4 days to reply :wowee:
I’m not offended and have nothing personal against any criticism to my hosting decisions or skills.

Naturally a very safe assumption to make in a Daeron game

2 Likes

Anyways if anyone enjoyed the style of rolecards I had made, Singers FM is currently in the queue, designed solely by me, and reviewed by Geyde:

It’s a medium power closed role madness setup. 3rd in queue, so won’t be long. If that isn’t your thing, WoW:BfA v3 will be finished design soon too, which is a high-power semi-open role madness setup where you can customise your abilities.

3 Likes

I can’t believe nobody accepted tutuu’s dance-off request

So rude

4 Likes

Tutuu has drip, I cannot defeat the drip.

3 Likes

What a failure

No one played the clearly best character

Lump the Enlightened

2 Likes