Binary Stars Hydra JoaT10 - Town wins!

@LeafiabutWorse

I am just curious about your thoughts on me and neonmarl thinking that Terrance and Aeries are likely unpartnered. I feel like you have had them as the scum team and I haven’t seen you really respond to the idea that they probably aren’t W/W. Just wondering if you missed our posts or if your read has changed since earlier.

Well, I’m home now, and can dedicate some time to the game. We’ll see if I have any brainpower to put into this thing… probably not, it’s been an exhausting one, but I’ll do my best. I can type out things with no brain.

First off! Unfiltered thoughts on the playerlist, no backreading, cards on the table, as I appear not to have the time for elaborate setups.

1. AerieRaffles (Kanave + guavagudetama) - Honestly, Kanave this game reminds me a lot of how they behaved as town in Pathologic, when I was a wolf, but I’ve also not played with them regularly enough to know how much of that reminder is alignment-indicative. However! Looking through the game, looking through how things have progressed, I can easily see this slot as wolf. If I take Achro as town, which is always dangerous, but something I’m comfortable doing for now (all my setups to determine his alignment take a few days to execute, which I appear not to have), I think the way they’ve moved throughout the game is much the same as how a wolf would - encouraging the argument from both sides, if I recall correctly. I can’t make a solid read here - I usually don’t have solid reads D1, and the part of my brain which fakes them in extensive wallposts for reactions is Very Offline right now, which is why all my attempts at doing such have Sucked. I believe this is the slot that had the complete nonreaction to me sheeping their read, and in fact went on to vote Achro instead, who I’d just moved off - weird weird weird, pockety, weird.
  2. bostonflours (May + Suit Guy) - Listen, chat, I’m not at my prime right now, and I vastly overestimated the amount of brain I’d have for mafia here. Suit Guy’s busy at the moment as well. Usually I play low-time by just doing weird shit that gives me distinctive reactions that I can easily analyze in the upcoming days when I’ll have more time, but I appear to have forgotten about the possibility of that weird shit getting me Voted Out. Getting D1ed is probably at least a little good for me, right? I need a mental reset. And to not sign up for mafia games during… oh, I’ve said my age here, I can actually say what I’m doing. College tours over spring break. Hours a day driving, hours on the actual bullshit tours, takes fucking forever. Anyway.
  3. BigFooled (BigQ + Garfooled) - Honestly, were I king, this might be my preferred D1 execution, particularly because it’s a low-risk slot to execute (not taking out a high contributor), and because I really want to see how people treat this slot as a wagon. As of now, it’s been one people all kinda passively suspect but don’t take huge strides of action against, and that makes it hard to read independently, so votes would help with that. I believe it’s where my vote is?
  4. SonicAndKnuckles (lol + dota) - All of their contributions have been entirely reasonable, and I have no reason to scumread them. They can stay in the town bucket for now, honestly, but I have no idea how to read them. They’re the kind of slot whose focus I watch - since they make sparing comments, see what wagons they pay attention to and ignore, and see how those flip. That takes a long time. I don’t have a long time.
  5. LeafiaButWorse (Leafia + YouButWorse) - Eehhhehhehhhh interesting slot. Leafia’s one whose treatment of her scumreads is usually revealing, and normally that means that her scumreading me on D1 would be a goldmine, but I haven’t been interacting with the game enough to see how she treats various things I do. YBW… dunno how to read her, I think her weird hedginess on my slot (IIRC) could be something mildly scummy, as this is a D1 misvote, but I don’t have any super strong opinions. Again, slot I’d normally check the focus of for partnership reads, which I Can’t Do If I’m Dying Today.
  6. SquidSisters (ElizaThePsycho + Jaiden) - Town :)
  7. Neon_Genesis_Marluxion (Neon + Marluxion) - Marl and Neon. What a hydra. Uhhhhhhhhh common theme here, future behaviour would be a great indicator of alignment here, I think from what I remember about their treatment of my slot it’s a bit weird? A bit back-and-forth, a bit “oh yeah something is WEIRD with May, guess it could be scummy, but I’m not going to hard commit to the opinion” letting Achro take fall after a misvote (who is still being taken as town). Potential scum with the context I have, but also has sounded very reasonable throughout today to my ear, so, like… Dunno. I like to look at Neon’s voting patterns, and there have been. ZERO wagonomics to do here, except for the 'nomics of how NONE OF THEM STICK. Except me. Which is epic
  8. terranceleehew (SirDerpsALot + his IRL friend) - Another difficult-to-read slot from content alone, low-content = I want to read them off of how others treat their slot = I think they’d be a good D1 vote. In virtually the same position as BigFooled, from my memory, but again, IDR what points exactly they pushed… something about Achro being scummy? Super interesting, but not something I can make a hard call on until I have a few flips to see where other attitudes on Achro were coming from, because I’m quite biased.
  9. Monochromatic (Achromatic + Zone_Q11) - I know that Achro thinks too much about this game for me to have an easy read off some tell he’s not noticed. So I’m leaving this slot aside. Town for now, build a little hobby model train set of the Achro scum world off to the side, if the game doesn’t fit together with him being town, then take that world more seriously.
  10. Orochimeowru (Cream + Psyx) - Obvtowning.

oh my gosh the star of the show has arrived 20 minutes before EOD

1 Like

VOTE: terrance
i dont think its boston. i just dont see it and if it is theyll 100% become clear going into d2/d3
terrance isnt looking good going into d2. id prefer terrance

1 Like

im not good with my words tonight i dont think. oh well

Yeas I do. I essentially always open with a wallpost + vote based on extremely fleeting microreads. The game isn’t real until people put votes down, and I like the game to be real as soon as possible so that I have as much material to read as possible.

Kind of tempted to listen to my hydra buddy and throw caution to the wind on a raffles lynch tbh

-A

I trust jaiden

Jaiden trusts may

Hm hm hm

holy may quote
i think this is too confident for scum!may and if shes actually pulling off such a significant change in scum play this well im got. like i just cant see this

VOTE: BigFooled

idk ahhh lemme think

i trusted may in the post after this one. before this i still had no idea

You said not may lol

can you do a quick Town to Scum list

yeah but thats because there are bigger fish. not bc i trusted may

“i just dont see it” is me trying to say i have no reason to believe theyre town but just cant see them flipping scum either
my brain aint doing good

Dont think garfooled opens the game swinging at me as scum. Just a hunch though for his player archetype

-A

Sure! My D1 readlists tend to be more along the lines of “good vote to bad vote”, since I don’t have a ton of material to confidently read anyone off of, and I can elaborate further on anyone’s placement if you want.

SquidSisters
Orochimeowru
SonicAndKnuckles
Monochromatic
Neon_Genesis_Marluxion
LeafiaButWorse
AerieRaffles
Terranceleehew
BigFooled

i dont think they have reason to be scared of you achro

hmm maybe still Boston then? but I am weak to wallposts lol

UNVOTE

watch me vote 10 times in the next 10 minutes

Those were all bullshit votes that I got scumread for. “Typos = scum is a stupid fucking read” Yes! “Short posts = scum” is also a stupid fucking read! Sheeping Magnus onto a vote that was based just on how casual an opener was is a stupid fucking read! “Eliza was concise so she’s wolf” is maybe the worst fucking read in existence!

But bad reads are better than no reads, and so when I have no reads, I toss bad, bullshit ones out there to see what people do with it. I was trying to find a million quotes of me saying “being wrong is the most informative thing you can do in mafia”, because I say it all the fucking time, but search function is failing me, so believe me on this one.

1 Like