Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

i don’t think i can explain it any more than i have.

i can bring up my early-game issues too, though

and then today

I would like to make something clear here. I recognize the wolfreads on Arete and I am actually reading the content of them. I just don’t believe that anything you’re saying makes Arete a wolf. You’re picking apart their posting super hard when I genuinely don’t think it’s warranted, they just aren’t posting wolfy this game fmpov and what you’re saying doesn’t change my mind about that. I tend to be receptive to people’s reads, can be convinced and have been convinced, Arctic can attest to that after Gravity Falls. So it’s not like I’m dismissing your reads because I’m an asshole and want to enforce my solve, I’m dismissing certain reads because I simply think they’re wrong.

There is no reason for him to ask what he did if he wasn’t suspecting arete

But there is, he could be asking just because, because he was curious… I don’t only ask questions aimed at people I suspect, and I’m sure he doesn’t either.

I just feel like this is a really confbiased line of reasoning at best. You’re openly making stuff up from a dead villager to support your read. I’m sure that if aro genuinely suspected Arete, he would’ve made it clear.

I’ll read May’s ISO real quick.

You still haven’t respond to my questions about YOUR Arete read

I’m not going to hear literally any sass about mine until you can answer my complaints with your read. If my read is confbiased, then yours is just lazy and unconvincing

@Marluxion

who is town according to you

1 Like

Arctic

Why

Also anyone else or just him

1 Like

Literally that’s all I have that I feel strongly about

Vulgards alignment depends heavily on yours

I just had a thought that maybe May/otterpop is just V/W. Reasoning: what I said earlier about otterpop trying to talk about May and May not being receptive. I’ve just realized that this could work both ways.

May not posting and being sick really isn’t helping me read them. Arctic, I recognize your posting about May potentially playing mastermind and trying to entice Zorvo to help the wolf agenda, I’m just not sure May is such a good wolf (this would be their first forum wolfgame, and there aren’t many people who would play super well in their first forum wolfgame).

Also, I think this makes sense after the last game we played together, because Zorvo was town, had a correct wolfread on me, and wasn’t listened to. I feel like some of what May is doing here is motivated by them not wanting to ignore Zorvo’s reads again, as that proved to be a bad idea last game and Zorvo is being very towny this game.

There’s also the fact I support this line of reasoning, I think the wolfiest thing about Prisma is that I feel like they are really overplaying the I Am A Newbie card and have been doing so for the entire game. Aro was making the argument that Prisma was actively absorbing information and evolving his play, and I want to listen to him because he was nightkilled and he’s a very good player - but I can’t shake off these concerns entirely. And even if I do shake them off, I still had them myself, so May bringing up similar stuff feels good.

YES. This is exactly what I’m talking about, Prisma just feels like they’re doing this on purpose.

Because one of his first posts much much earlier on d1 talking about zorvo was one of the first posts in thread that felt like an actual sane person solving the game

Why is that townie

1 Like

It’s a really simple read, I just think Arete isn’t pushing wolf narratives, isn’t making bad arguments, has justified frustrations about the game that I can tell they are hiding instead of leveraging to devolve the thread into a mess (which they would do as a wolf), and has made numerous points that I would have made myself in the same spots, which means they are just a villager in my book. It doesn’t get any simpler than that.

1 Like

This entire dayphase arete has just been playing to try to placate

Also the read that they would intentionally tank thread health as a wolf is dumb. Arete wouldn’t do that as either alignment because that’s just not the kind of person they are

Can you explain how otterpopd normally plays? I can’t believe nobody asked you this question until now. @May

This is the point in May’s ISO where I’m starting to see what Arctic described as agenda. Now I’m solidified in thinking May/otter is a V/W pairing given how May talks about otter here. May is also… weirdly confident about some reads, and while I know they do fake some reads, it’s impossible that they faked all of them. I know they were far more scatterbrained and worldbuildy last time I played with them and they were town, this time it feels more like they’re doing some deliberate thread maneuvering. Their only townreads all game have been Jarek and Zorvo and this is just not enough.

I think may/otter contains at least one wolf almost always
(and if it doesn’t i will be quitting FM) (probably not actually but i would be tempted)

my read on you is dropping by virtue of the fact i do not think you have been trying to solve the game today. your posts today are exclusively defending yourself (in ways that i might add are not particularly convincing- the defence against may in particular felt like you put up a wall of “i do weird things” as a blanket defence to may’s accusation when the examples you cited were far removed from what she was accusing you of) or pandering to vulgard. i haven’t seen you take any initiative today. after your post outlining that you don’t have a great grasp on the game (which i at the time found villagery) i would have expected you to try and remedy this by now, but you… haven’t

seth is never a wolf and i don’t think lemon is a wolf. jarek could be playing an extremely good wolf game but the perspective he’s had wrt policy/frustration on seth is something i would be extremely surprised if he were able to fake, so i don’t really buy it

i think the stragglers are likely to be in vulgard/molly/prisma/marl who i have null reads on. i townread prisma the most out of this group followed by molly

the jury is still out on marl and vulgard. i’m not convinced marl is a wolf right now because if he was a wolf trying to steamroll an elimination on you then i would expect him to be appealing to zorvo rather than suspecting him for “pocketing him”, and this depends on your alignment. vulgard’s posting has been fine but there is nothing i can point to that would make me want to clear him, and this applies even if you are town

i think a you/may/1 of vulgard/molly team could work because you and may have had some weird interactions. it does contradict my puppeting zorvo part of the case, but that isn’t the only reason i have to suspect them. molly on the other hand doesn’t seem remotely interested in entertaining my may case.

i think a team like otter/marl/prisma is also possible

Have you seen them play wolf? Every time I’ve seen them wolf, they tried to push some form of wolfsiding agenda. In Poisoner, they spent as much time arguing with town!JC as possible. In Anni, they tried to form a FoLtron with like 3 wolves in it. In UPick, they argued with town!katze and tried to prove that katze was lying about their claim and that it made them a wolf for a really long time. In Hydra 10er, they spent a ton of time trying to talk to the Chloe/katze hydra because it was wolfreading them and they were trying to keep that hydra in doubt.

None of this is how they have been playing here. They are just not a wolf. They have not been wolfsiding. The least wolfsidey game that I remember from Arete was an invitational where they claimed PR and bussed their teammate day 1, but they still got caught after that, even though they killed me very quickly so I couldn’t find them.

I’m going to ISO them again just to be sure, though.

1 Like

@otterpopd what do you mean by this