CoD Feedback Thread

tyty we do tend to miss a lot of thing

1 Like

Actions from CoD 1. Might not have last minute changes from right before action lock and doesn’t have the mostly uneeded Night 4 actions as none of them changed anything to much. Will update if I see that

Im wikifying this post for people to leave a dedicated spot for concerns tweaks they think should be made from this game. That way next time we go to try and balance it we will try and address this list directly. It would be great if you could sign you additions you added in case we want to ask your thoughts in more detail. I’ll start with some I saw.

• Squire needed feedback on feedback list (already changed)
  • NE Lord and their wincons changing when lorded.
  • A clarifying post that just because you are peaked as Neutral Killer doesn’t mean you are neutral Killer and its because type and faction checks are seperate except for one scum check and atp it still doesn’t change much.
  • Prob a lot more that I gotta dig through host chat for
  • DatBird

• Prophet could probably use being unique
  • D1 48 hours exe is probably unbalanced
  • Atlas

• Next Person’s Feedback
  • Next Person’s Name

Just be careful as only one person can edit at a time, so dont hog it

Warlock’s classcard is insanely unclear/ambiguous
Can it have multiple stored abilities? Do the stored abilities act on the targets they were submitted on? Do they all trigger if any targetted player dies, or just the ability you targetted them with? How does this apply to the player targetted by gorehowl bleeding out? Do they trigger abilities? If they do, how do you deal with the clean flip/executed during the day abilities activating on living players? Does stealing an ability remove it from the original user? Are they notified their ability was stolen? What is the “primary” ability anyways?

1 Like

Monke

Yes

Yes

The latter

They go off when that player dies by bleeding out

With current Cod the only times a player flips (other than modkill) is at sod or eod. So they wouldn’t trigger things like squires Try to be helpful or spys watch/tack when they died as the ability activated upon death. It would trigger for movement tracking abilities when the initial target was used to put the hex on them only

As with the above its only on the person that died not others, so I think by the wording this question this doesn’t need to be answered.

Well they are dead, so it doesn’t matter they cant use it. It doesn’t remove from the card on flip or anything.

No

This is something I hate the wording of, and think it should be changed to the first night ability on the card, but was told no. But that’s what it is, the first night ability on the card. It has that clause

For things like luminary or squire where gaining a convert or that class change doesn’t really make sense.

Wdym I see nothing wrong with Warlock copying Squire so it can change itself into a BD class :^)

2 Likes

so a clearer class card would look something like this?

The Warlock

Unshackled Social

Primal Axis (Passive) - Upon the death of a player you have a stored ability targeting, all stored abilities targeting them will activate.

Equip Gorehowl (Day) - Cause a player to start bleeding. They will die in two nights if not healed. - 1 Use

Hex (Night) - Target a player with one of the following abilities (cannot use the same ability more than once). The ability will be stored.

• Steal the primary ability of the targeted player. If the ability would give you the capability of killing, converting, or would otherwise be impossible to use, gain Heal instead.
  • Clean the targeted player’s flip. You will learn their true flip.
  • All players with the same class type as the player you targeted will be unable to be protected the following night.
  • If the targeted player is executed at day, gain occupation and redirection immunity permanently.

Defeat the Azure Dragoon.

basically just the primal axis woring was very ambiguous and unclear

1 Like

I will make the wording more accurate as to avoid having to explain storing methods
In the same breath the text will double in length as a cost

So like, do Neutral Killing roles no longer exist? What happened there?

they no longer exist

Where did thine mind Flayer go? Or the Lich?

(That reminds me, I need to go make a GIM role in the thread with the Lich artwork I made, that role was real fun)

Neutral killers are minced

death

Actually I know what happened to the Lich. It died in my time.

1 Like

Paladin mockup 1:

Call for justice: same as before

Inspect: Determine the faction of a player. Only usable on odd nights.

Paladin mockup 2:

Call for Justice: same as before
Zone of Truth: You will receive accurate results for inspect this night. - 1 Use

possible night based restriction for the above ability | alternatively, only change being change to inspect as proposed in this mockup

Inspect: Determine if a player is a member of the Unshackled or Cult. Goes on a 1-night cooldown when receiving feedback other than ‘You have failed to visit your target’.

Paladin mockup 3:

Call for Justice: same as before

Inspect: Determine if a player is a member of the Unshackled or Cult. Only usable on odd nights.
Idk literally stab someone: Determine if a player is Neutral. Only usable on even nights.

above could also be something like ‘determine if a player is Killer’ or some other thing

Also potentially a cool support investigative combo for paladin
but then again that’s probably too cool

1 Like

Unshackled:

Assassin Mockup

Perfect Crime: While you are alive, you must perform the factional kill. Every night, you can choose to empower the factional kill with one of the following effects. Each one may only be chosen once.

bypasses healing
bypasses death immunity
you will not be seen visiting your target; you will appear to visit a target of your choice
their flip will be cleaned

roleblocks the target. additionally, if they survive, they will be unable to use any abilities for the rest of the game (unless they are Neutral/Unshackled). Effect removed on conversion to the Unshackled.

lacerate: same as before

opportunism: same as before (cool ability)

Baron

Same as for everything other than

Megalomaniac: Same as except extra vote does not allow you to gain majority.

Luminary mockup 1 (if d1 exe is not kept, remove double targeting from convert)

NWO

• Immune to death at night once. Anybody other than the starting Luminary does not have this part of the passive.
  • You appear as member of the Azure Dragoon to investigative abilities on N1/N2.
  • If you survive until n4 and are the starting Luminary, you will gain a use of Convert.
  • Same as
  • If any member of the Unshackled becomes Lord, they will retain their original class’s abilities alongside their new ones. (becomes baseline for the faction, listed at the top of their section in the rolecards)
  • If you visit the Neutral Evil with your night abilities, they will be added to the scum chat.
  • Same as

Command: Same as
GftT: Same as

Convert: Change a player into the Unshackled version of their class. On Night 1 only, you may choose two players. If the first conversion attempt would fail for any reason, you will attempt to convert the second instead. Refunds a use if no players are converted. - 1 Use
Dirty Work: Same as

Luminary mockup 2 (if d1 exe is not kept, remove double targeting from convert)

“The slightly gimped version”

NWO is same as ver1 except

• Immune to death at night once. Anybody other than the starting Luminary does not have this part of the passive. → Immune to attacks from members of the Unshackled.

DW has all its parts become 1-shot

Luminary mockup 3 (yadda yadda same stuff as before)

“The very gimped version”

NWO same as ver2 except

added:

• If you successfully convert a player on N1, the factional kill will automatically fail.

Fine change

Zone of Truth doesnt make sense to me. Is it giving roleblock immunity or something? For Inspect is there any way that they get a bad result other than failed to visit? Or is it just proper results

Feel like killer steps on whatever new princess is called and is finding neut useful? Like finding neut evil might be? but normal neut not that much. Unless that wording means both

Prob pick mockup 1 imo

Thats fine, as then you can be tracked might be strong but with new 1 use policy prob fine

removing the one use thing due to the other change makes sense

Needs to reworded to inform people that they will not be informed that they cant use abilities to reduce questions about it

As in mylo/lylo? or just hammer or both

think we should give it a few more games as a test sample of 1 ain’t much

Good change

reduces the bs of it, so good

Not sure if we should punish it this much. Maybe make it N5 for non starting

:+1:

:+1:

Might be blind but don’t see a change

think we should use mockup 1 prob