FoL Awards 2023 - Discussion Thread

It’s fine I’ll Rand scum next(my ego is growing)

3 Likes

Fuck it I might just join one more then to see if I can get in a non popcorn groupwolf game for the first time this year as the year is almost over

1 Like

Status update

1 Like

Basically what I’m hearing is that we need to get good at wolfing. Perhaps we need some kind of Initiative

1 Like

When do noms close?

1 Like
2 Likes

I think there’s a lot of good wolfs on this forum just none of them have been nominated

as the host hard disagree they fucking sucked

3 Likes

conceptually they were… okay
not the best
but they were okay

Get nominated idiot

2 Likes

idk tho
I kinda think there’s not many improvements you could make
other than like
if someone gets like 5 people declaring war on them the war instantly processes?

I tthink wars independently Themselves were jsut okay but I specifically liked the way that having the unique ITA mechanic allowed for more creativity in role design

1 Like

this is actually genuinely a big improvement
but otherwise see my thoughts here

ah fair

(mostly the last part)

luckily no one actually died to being an attacker but this is mostly because of tutuu and Someone

Like the Warcop and the war rolecop (which allowed for Someone’s fakeclaim which creatuvely wasted town KP) and tutuu’s role causing her to seek specific players to declare war with and the silent ITAs that let wolves decide whether to “stamp of approval” existing wars or create their own for a lower chance and such were fun interactions that allowed for like. Emergent strategy

1 Like

My enjoyment of it is obviously influenced by the fact that no attackers died but I think the game was designed such that attacker death was mostly an empty threat to encourage cooperation rather than an actual common occurrence, and it has to be Present to make all those mechanics I mentioned Interesting, y’know

1 Like

I think for a game to stand out it has to have some sort of unique mechanic, otherwise it’s mainly just a bland game, no matter how many interesting roles you try to come up with, their overall impression will never be greater than the impression of something new. I think this is why games hosted by eevee are usually chaotic fun messes because they are all unique in some sense. I think the war mechanic did a good job at this.

2 Likes

Yeah fair
7% chance moment

1 Like