FoL Awards 2023 - Nominations Thread

/nominate Luka for Rookie of the Year

LOL I forgot to do this. Anyway hey guys did you know that Luka started playing FM this like summer because I sure would not have guessed I thought he was joking about the Rookie of the Year thing at first. Incredible fuckin wolf performance in Stratagem whateverthefuck [NOTE: by this he means 15], solid showing in every other game I’ve read from him, super fun to play with, it’s like 2AM so forgive me for this nomination not being more thorough but he does speak for himself. Gaming

[Also no noms for 2 months? We’re slacking. Remind me to do more in the morning]

4 Likes

this can be fixed by someone nominating FAM town for best town performance already

2 Likes

I /nominate FAM town for:

Best Town Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as town in a Special-queue game.

-uh yeah they were okay i guess

4 Likes

Seconding this!

4 Likes

third

they just called out 3/3 wolves at lylo in a game with me

3 Likes

Get fucked, assholes. I know you wanted to hoard the awards to yourselves, and I’m here to tell you it’s too damn late. Power to the people. Nominations for all.

• Nominating @tutuu in Purgatory for Best Town Performance - Single Player (vanilla game), for catching out all three wolves, leading town incredibly effectively to execute those wolves, and getting into heaven, something most mafia players can only dream of. I don’t feel the need to sing the praises of this nomination too much, as there’s not really much I could say that a quick glance through their iso doesn’t tell you.
  • Nominating @Luka in Stratagem-15 for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (vanilla game) for an extremely solid showing with Abbi that took charge of the game in a way that simultaneously supported his teammate’s position in the game, allowing the two of them to make top townreads for the majority of it, while also ensuring that nobody found them aligned until F3, by which it was too late. It was a game in which pretty much every single villager made themselves obvious town at some point or another and the wolves still won. Easy nom
  • Nominating @Magnus in BotF: Plagues and Flowers for Best Misc Performance. Nobody knows why. Nothing about this performance was notable or exceptional. (Magnus soloed the scumteam with a single play and caused the game to end D1.)
  • Nominating @Arete in An Attempt at a Sorc17er for Best Fakeclaim. Simply get the wolves to kill you instead of the actual backup sorcerer, ensuring there is an additional clear available the next day. Why doesn’t everybody do this. Are they stupid? As a wolf in that game, I never questioned the backup claim for a second. Am I stupid? Truly, this fakeclaim raises many questions. It was a good fakeclaim.
  • Suggesting nomination (I am ineligible to nominate this) for TotA Knight Errant for Best Town Performance - Group (vanilla game). I feel fine about suggesting this, despite being part of this town, because I didn’t do shit, I was busy the whole time, everyone else dismantled the scum with incredible precision and collaboration, leading to a perfect town sweep. I’d genuinely credit someone different with each pelt, too. It was simply a really good group town performance.
  • Nominating Chapter I: The Jutting Watchtower for Best Scum Performance - Group (special game). The fuck was going on there?
  • Nominating @Litten for Best Mechanical/Strategical Player. Mostly in BotFs as of late, but boy does he put in the hours solving games in whispers. He also had an impressive showing breaking Stratagem-27 (…and it would’ve worked, if not for some… confounding factors).
  • Nominating @Hazardwaste for Best Team Player. Playing on a team with Hazard is extremely enjoyable, and he’s fuckin’ good at it. As town, he’s consistently great at listening to everyone’s perspective, working with people, reaching out to them, and he works similarly well with teammates as a wolf. He noticed that me saying the word “nya” was a tell and provided me a channel in our wolfchat to nya all I wanted so that I wouldn’t do it in thread. It was very funny! Noticing that and figuring out how to help also takes an incredible amount of awareness of your teammates and desire to see them succeed.
  • Nominating @sulit accidentally deadposting in FAM3 for Funniest Moment. It was pretty funny.
9 Likes

sure, i’ll nom this

I also have memory problems what

sigh second…

2 Likes

Second all of these

1 Like

I have heard tale of luka’s stomping and Tutuu’s stomping in both equivalent games. but never saw them for myself. so would highly ask if someone saw those games to second them.
also i dont remember the deadposting accident

/second
notably, this was probably my favorite moment of all time

1 Like

litten was going on
was gonna second the litten nom but then i realized that it had already been seconded

Soloed?

helo I am back

12 Likes

Actually, toss in a nomination for Stratagem-15 for Best Scum Performance - Group (vanilla game) as well. That was a very strong town and an even stronger scumteam. Both of ‘em played very well.

1 Like

Did nobody fucking second this? You all are SLACKERS. Seconding

/nominate May for community MVP

2 Likes

/nominate @Silviu200530 for Community MVP
Competition

Agreed. Silviu is very cool & community. I am very tired and do not have many more good writeups left in me so forgive me for not elaborating so much. Consistently pleasant to be around and reaches out to people and makes the ocmmunity a better place to be :+1: That is what the award is for

2 Likes

/nominate EVIL DEMON MARSHAL for funniest moment

EVIL GANG ~ FAM3 ~ Magnus

3 Likes