[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

here’s the thing, my mind takes a confirmed wolf and builds worlds from there, so if Professor flips wolf and I think they will I would go through this thought exorcise

I go with my gut, the same gut that caught several deep wolves when no one else did, the same gut that was able to find fellow townies good when no one else could, the same gut that could consistently read Alice, and the same gut that is decent at reading people I have no meta on and getting accurate reads. I make mistakes, but I have learned that if I don’t trust my own gut I accidently shoot townies. There have been games in which I trusted a public shotlist and neglected my own gut feelings and guess what, I was right. Some things can’t be explained with “reason”, it just works. You should try trusting intuition more. I really don’t try to have a massive ego, it’s just I want people to recognize my gift

1 Like

Raw statistical chance is not the same as gut. Get your head out of your ass and stop being a moron and contribute. Your professor post was a decent start, now do more

The problem is there are more low efforting coasting players than there are wolves. I do think that at least 2 wolves are in this group though. Which is especially why I want to turn this game around and win, because if I am right on me/Frog/Aelin being V/V/V and we came together to dunk on the wolves after previously going for each other’s throats, it would be incredibly satisfying.

1. lowposters
  2. yes

I think Trochi and Magnus are probably W/W. They’ve been gently theatring/pushing on each other all game but when push comes to shove they aren’t really trying to kill each other. This is what I mean when I say that town Trochi would have tried to make a push on Magnus at EoD rather than compromising on the “the lesser of two evils”, given that they only had one less vote than the split cloned/pigeon wagons.

Person… not people.
Actually, I can’t really joke about you being bad when I think you are probably town and have had similar reads to me because… lol

I’ve noticed you stealing a number of reads from people, like my Pigeon V if cloned V read, and now this. Why are you mindless sheeping these reads? Do you not have any concerns on the validity of them? Or just… any independent thoughts?

Admittedly, I began to have this concern when I skimread and saw that post she made saying she’s probably more in her scum meta right now… it kind of weirded me out and felt like an SFoL66 Moment TM

Did he actually still want to kill Pigeon after the claim though? I know he said it was “sketchy” but I assumed overnight the reason he didn’t self-pres was out of obligation to… not kill the claimed PR. Which, if true, is at least somewhat redeeming for him.

This isn’t unlikely. It’s… actually weird because I try to be the leader but I oftentimes can’t just accept the consensus. One of my best skills as town is being able to accurately identify LHF villagers in near-impossible situations (where they are pretty much doing objectively wolfy things) and save them. …In a way I find it just as satisfying as catching a wolf. I know that Pigeon was happy he was saved from the elimination, and I’m happy I was able to do it… though this was at the expense of someone else (lmao)

I mean, this is a good example right here. You just don’t bother to fake posts like this as a wolf (like talking about not randing wolf in a while). It’s cheap, but it’s pretty much always accurate.

:skull:

Okay wow, this is taking longer than I thought. I will have to finish up later

Gorta were you also trying to make a copypasta?

Summary

lmao

out of Eli and Magnus I would vote Magnus based on Eli feeling natural and not being frozen. Eli’s reasoning for clearing Pidgeon makes sense from an Eli point of view if I am remembering everything correctly. Magnus just feels awkward in thread, agrees with and helps promote Professor’s ideas, it feels like Magnus is purposely playing dumb and misrepresenting arguments made by those he is trying to push out, and there is just an off feeling with Magnus’ posts. I also think Magnus’ Cloned push looks the most agenda fueled

meh, in my experience I have used reasoning to talk myself out of scum reads and then it turns out my intuition was correct, so it’s really a case by case thing and also there have been times I have had good reads that I couldn’t explain at all

There is another thing pointing to Magnus/Professor being W/W is the fact that they look like they are distancing and not trying to kill each other (hence Professor leaving their vote on Trochi over Magnus despite Magnus being the more likely flip based on vote count). If Magnus flips wolf Professor will use that to try and claim they buried a wolf/use it for towncred then push to kill Trochi

This post irks me because it’s so easy to push on lowposters (I should know) and if most of the game is lowposters like Professor claims then that’s a surefire loss because with 3 wolves you can’t just have them in low posters. I have seen many town games lost following that line of reasoning and most of those games had wolves in high posters leading the game.

take this post for example, Professor claims Trochi is not trying to kill Magnus, but if you look at the votes Trochi is voting Magnus with Aelin tying the wagons. I don’t see wolf Trochi doing that

And you know what the deal about “having good reads that you can’t explain?” is? They’re useless. Like… goddamn. You’ve been playing for over a year, gorta. You need to convince people of your reads to make them vote with you, and you’re not putting in the necessary effort. All you do every game is “I’m really good at fm” and “I’ll do this later”, and you always talk about “breaking the cycle” after every single game and you never put in any of the work necessary to do so.

Kind of curious how this makes sense. I’m guessing there’s a typo or something in this line. Only 6 posts to go for me so don’t expect more than one post every so often for me now.

I’d like your opinion on the argument between Aelin and me last night too Professor.

And, just for reference, my gut is telling me to tell you some Very Not Nice Things :)

/vote Magnus I’ll concede for this today, but I think this game will be an easy solve because I think Professor/Magnus are w/w then it’s just finding the third. The third should be easy enough to find though and I already have a few ideas

I’ve been on a three or four month vacation from FM for the most part, but I have made great gains in the past when I was playing more

Things got pretty heated last night and now that I’m cooled down and have had time to think, I’m no longer as sure on Aelin being a wolf although I’m still pretty sure of it. I’m even more sure that this is a wolf though. /vote Magnus @Host_Account_2

Also, sorry if I upset you last night Aelin.

The only thing that upset me were the blatantly incorrect statements that could’ve been resolved without reading, and given that I pointed them out multiple times and aren’t addressing them here makes me think that I got them correct and that you know you can’t address them. However, I accept your apology, and I apologize if I’m being a bit harsh but at this point I feel like it’s necessary.

In those 3-4 months I haven’t played much FM and it will take a bit to get back in the habit of playing FM again, but I should pick it up somewhat quickly. If you have seen my earliest games and go from there you will see a steady improvement in my gameplay

1 Like

Spoiler alert: I think Aelin/Prof/Magnus is the wolf team, but I’m more certain of Magnus and Professor being a wolf at this point

Who could’ve guessed. Let me guess…
It’s “gut”?

it’s my intuition, but I’m less certain on you being a wolf and you should know I don’t scumread everyone who pushes me or tries to get me to do stuff

@Host_Account_2

I’m going to try sleeping though