[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

Is FoL really so busy that people think they need to wallpost in a 50 postcount game

you don’t

i dont wanna read them

well like
youve played some of our games
when theyre usually thousands to tens of thousands of posts per day people feel like they have to get in as much as possible
im trying not to wallpost for every post but like i still do want to get enough in so im actually doing something yk yk?

That’s a spoiler in an already long post with a specific subject

Frog blurred an entire post

tbh the last two games i played i was a topposter with like 500 posts and

other people had maybe 200 by the end

so

this is the most concerning thing in your little bullet point list, the game has to start somewhere i suppose…but why not with something more concrete? it’s wolfy in a vacuum.

i understand and agree with the thought that wolves are going to be more meticulous with their readlists. is your issue the wording or thought behind it?

i don’t think this is incredibly AI, people promise things and don’t deliver constantly as either alignment. it’s possible they simply remembered you said Something interesting and made a mental note, then either forgot or became busy.

oh well- shall i get out the world’s smallest violin?

point made

@Aelin

Random question whenever you get back on:

Who are you townreads and can you give somewhat of a description even if it’s just brief?

also

/vote BradLand

@Host_Account_2

Okay you can’t just do nothing and complain about not wanting to read wall posts and then slop a vote on me.

Why aren’t you scumreading me right now

Also I have skimmed but will complain anyways

Because you started off how you usually do as town?

Like yeah you’re complaining about not reading wall posts and it kinda dropped you a few spots but at least when you were keeping up with the game you were doing something.

How do you go to me out of all people when you know how to read me?

Plus you’re literally easy to read don’t act like I wouldn’t know how to read you.

@Illwei
Do you literally have anything else regarding a thought process on this game?

no

the thought behind it
it somewhat makes sense but isnt worth saying except to throw shade

i disagree, simply because of the topic at hand

Summary

Town
Aelin - I have a modpeek on their classcard

Professor - After a poor start, they have proved their point of being knowledgeable about meta, however, they’re not a hard townread because they seem to be somewhat nitpicky about their application of it.
BradLand - The thoughts about the numbering of posts at the start of the game are pretty good, and I can follow the thought process behind them. There’s some decent arguments in the ISO, such as pointing out poor defenses. However, this isn’t a hard townread because when not explicitly making a read they try very hard to not take a stance while providing analysis. Additionally, some of the more recent posts have been more out there in an illogical way, such as post #115 (the vote on pigeon), as well as the random read on me which is stated as gut but also backed up by my posts, which was not elaborated on.
Trochi - Their opener was forced, as I’ve mentioned. This isn’t NAI, but they didn’t really react to me calling it out at all which was disappointing and so I presume they didn’t see it. They have some good analysis, but they’ve been sort of… prickly, as if they’re trying to ward people off. A good point in their favor though is their treatment of me, such in that they’re trying to get a gauge on me firsthand instead of caring about what anyone else is saying.

Frog - I have mixed feelings about this. A lot of their posts feel performative, but in a more theatrical way as if trying to hold a play rather than outright scummy. They have some good analysis, but then some of the shit they say is just random and I’ve noticed that they hedge a lot. I think pointing out the white knight is >rand V, but it’s not exactly difficult to do and could easily be done by a wolf to discredit a V defense of a V.
Squirrel - I can… somewhat follow their train of thought. There aren’t massive leaps in logic as far as I can see, but they seem to just trail off and do some thinking every now and then and just don’t mention it (such as the read on me, apparently.)

Eli - Pretty much entirely a viberead but there’s also the fact that I’m pretty sure if he was scum he would be a lot more self conscious and worried about being called frozen. Obviously, only four posts, not really confident on this but I do feel like it should be said.

Pigeon - Their overall plays haven’t been great, and their voting of Leafia and then poor follow-up, as well as poor pop-ins don’t really make me feel confident in them. They’re giving me a little bit of “lost and kinda not caring”, though, and I can’t tell if it’s genuine or just annoying.
gorta - Their pop-ins were poor (to a lower standard than usual), and despite two separate pop-ins they’ve contributed nothing and have simply thrown out a “give me reasoning” and a “i think i am ok with voting professor, there are so many weird things there”, both of which sound quite disgusting tonally as if he’s trying to go “I think this is what a good towny would do” rather than “this is what town!gorta would do”, although depending on his previous game or two, if they were bad losses this could easily come from town!gorta but otherwise I’d have a greater degree of doubt.

Magnus - Awful tone just throughout. He seems like he really feels like he’s just got everything figured out, and it’s worth noting that this could very easily be partnered with Frog considering how easily the latter brushed off concerns about him originally. Continuing on, his defenses of himself are, quite frankly, terrible. Interestingly enough, though, I’m finding his bits of self-consciousness to be the most towny thing in his ISO. (But then he makes me go bleh again with the rest of them)

clonedcheese - They seem to try and start the game off as if it’s a normal game. After that’s called out as weird, though, they immediately abandon it and instead try to jump into seeming solvey, with large posts but only offering minimal commentary. I’m also seeing a lot of small, direct appeals to people, and their limited analysis feels, ironically enough, like they’re

Additionally, they go on with noting the votes from inactives on Leafia, and then just… ignores them. Then, they go, “Oh my bad posts were a bait” which is… well, I say burn it with fire.

jesus fucking christ :man_facepalming:

Minor note that I forgot to add - my brain won’t let me read Illwei, I assume it’s trying to save me from a headache, and I’m not bothering with trying to understand the enigma that is Leafia’s brain rn.

… more minor notes,

i forgot to note that the main reason for this being a townlean is because they have good insight and with the knowledge that they know what the fuck theyre talking about, i can track their train of thought pretty easily

this is a wink wink nudge nudge moment

this should be “This is NAI”

i know you just asked for townreads but thats lame

im wasting way too many posts on this yikes

Okay first of all I didn’t expect that much from that answer, I was iso’ing you to see why I found you towny and ended up realizing that it seemed like you had way more negative stuff on people’s posts than positive, and that was where I asked you for your townreads so I feel way better now.

In terms of Illwei: Town!Illwei actually attempts to solve the game and to out reads on players. She’s way more unfiltered with her thought process on players and is more comfortable and combative as town.
As mafia Illwei is more likely to post about nothing and barely try to do anything but survive. When I caught her in another game on Syndicate she literally just posted about coffee and soup and talked about random shit in the game that wasn’t a read and disappeared.

Illwei starting the game off by attacking early towards Leafia is pretty much town!indicative of her.

Annnnnd her treatment of me is pretty much towny for her because she’d just pocket me annnnnd she prods me every game as town.

I’m writing up my reads now, but doing iso’s is tiring for me and I’m not as great with wording so it’s a struggle for me.

i am heavily sleep deprived and request an elaboration.

i believe it was mentioned at some point, but yes i did see it.

…i wonder why this could be? hm- do you know of any reason?

obviously. my memory isn’t bad enough that i’ve forgotten that game with the odd vote mechanics (i’m sure there was another you were scum in that i horribly misread you but i don’t recall the specifics). in my experience, with you it’s best to approach with a 10 foot pole and cautiously poke your way closer.

i’ll be going to sleep now, i’ve stayed up far too late already.