[GAME THREAD 6/13] Risky Light Game: Featuring Rain - Day 4 - Mafia wonnered

the topic being “i said that they could potentially be a wolf”, which they then said they would come back to, and i feel like that would be a particularly relevant string of posts, but they never did

i
might have an idea, yes

Corrupt Votes
otherwise known as “Aelin got caught for the wrong reasons and then town won by trying to vote out town”
sigh
never not be bitter

this is a two way street, although i s’pose we can both admit that im way too paranoid about this shit to get pocketed that easily

Was there anything you liked? Disagreed with? Do you have anything to say on what I said other than “thanks”? (This sounds really aggressive and it’s not intended to I Simply Want To Know™)

Brad - Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Aelin - Also started off with instant stance taking but with more of an offensive mindset, instantly came up with a theory of what Frog and Professor were doing while stating she calling them a possible W/W.
Her response to my question about her townreads got everything I needed to know so townread.

Illwei - At first went on to out reads one of them being a scumread on Leafia and pursue’d it which typically leans into town!Illwei. However she got back and hasn’t done anything since she doesn’t want to read wall posts. Sticking with initial guns and calling her town.

I explained Illwei slightly before this post so look at my iso to see why I’m reading her as town.

Frog - Started off with instant stance taking in his first post and pretty much agreed with him on Leafia at that moment with pretty much the same reasoning but with different wording. Was trying to figure if she was town through questioning and trying to find what she is thinking.
Very high energy posting which shows that he’s vibing mixed with getting reads as he going through the game. This I believe is my first real game with Frog that wasn’t a mash or didn’t have him hiding underground in a team game (Sorry about the Day 1 btw) so I’m willing to call that towny.

Professor - Defends Leafia since she always got D1’d in games which is fair if you want to stop something from happening constantly, which I’m fine with and don’t see anything ill will wise regarding the game.
What’s villagery from him is his questioning others, me specifically, of why they’re voting Leafia. He’s not looking to totally take someone’s head off but he’s trying to solve them based on how they answered and him saying I looked decent in my answering shows that.
He has nuanced reasoning to read people a certain way either town or scum.

Squirrel - His post talking about Leafia trying to shift the blame to Professor while taking Frog’s ideas in an opportunistic way was a decent look because it was analysis that I didn’t see before. Agree with his point of Frog’s “ABORT ABORT” post being something that you’d feel like you would call performative but you won’t for reasons you can’t explain.
Does bring up Leafia’s D1 streak to Aelin but holds judgment on Aelin’s alignment rather than using it as an opportunity to scumread someone.
Points and moments that he’s bringing up that feel fair read wise and I feel like he’s trying to actually get reads on players.

Trochilidae - I mean reading their iso they just seem fine to me? Mostly good looking solving and analyzation. That’s pretty much it.

Pigeonnyc - Originally puts vote on Leaf then bounces, but adds a weird “I’m getting wagoned D1” post right after. I kinda just saw what he was reacting to, so the context might be off key?
Odd self awareness on putting Leaf on L-1 while scumreading Magnus but I think I can find that positive.

Eli - Do nothing and leave.

Gorta - 5 posts and most of it was reacting to Leafia having 5 votes.

Magnus - Another person that puts vote on the Leaf wagon and leaves, said in the post that he didn’t have enough time to give the game justice before voting lead wagon, then comes back to say he had actually read the game to that point and thought he needed to make a move immediately despite the fact that there were still about 40 hours left in the day phase…and said that voting Leaf who had a big wagon on her was a placeholder.

Cloned - He initially townreads me off of my reasoning to vote Leafia, then proceeds to scumread me after for an apparent reaction test and tries to lump me with Professor for coming to my aid. Don’t get what happened with him townreading me initially. Not a good look.

Also going to iso Leafia later because she has the biggest iso and I need a moment because I’m fucking tired.

1 Like

I thought your Aelin read sucked and that you’re clearly colorblind

Like I’m agreeing with most of it I just have people in different spots. I think mainly because I’m just seeing things I’m agreeing with what they’re saying, or at least “They’re thinking of this situation the same as me so they must be town as well” type of thing which is what I’m getting with Squirrel.

But yeah otherwise what you’re stating is fair, like you’re understanding certain aspects from what the players are doing and you’re not just blindly penalizing them to keep attention on players to keep the POE open.

1 Like

I’m not going to be delusional and assume my PoE of 4 has all three wolves simply because I’m not that good lol
However I’m presuming highly on one and hoping for two

1 Like

I find myself good at finding towns and I can establish a good town core-

And get myself night killed for it. :eyes:

But I normally misclear 1 wolf so you’re not alone.

Pretty sure we can get something established that’s game winning.

This post feels weird but it might just be my brain doing things it does when it’s 2:24 AM
On that note… goodnight.

2 Likes

Only me boasting, I do that often. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good night. :slightly_smiling_face:

wait

frog’s not an alt

I don’t think this changes how I feel about the slot but I feel dumb and should probably reread just in case that subconsciously affected how I feel about the slot

2 Likes

11 (my first double post of the game :open_mouth:)

frog reread

This reasoning is a bit flawed (if anything, I think who shows up at SoD is time zone indicative rather than alignment indicative), but I don’t really think making that argument is AI either way.

WAIT

@Frog we played in the marblelympics game together

the one with nic cage

it’s okay if you forgot my slot was kind of forgettable tbh

the fact that we were scumpartners that game would be a lot more helpful if
a) I actually remembered anything from that game (I think my slot died before I got to post :stuck_out_tongue:)
b) it weren’t a team game
c) it wasn’t a solid year and a half ago

but maybe I’ll reread that game later :man_shrugging:

I like this post. It’s direct and to the point without coming off as abrasive or arrogant. Tonally I think it doesn’t feel forced, though this might just be frog’s post style.

This is a bit hedgy, but also made pretty early in the game so I suppose that’s fair.

^^^Plus that sentence itself is also a bit hedgy, so I can’t really say anything.

already commented on this but

just want to reiterate that it’s absolutely hilarious and I don’t find it performative

um

okay at first I thought this was entirely fluff but upon reread I realized this is a long and convoluted way of asking Aelin who she’s suspicious of

which is kinda weird but also oddly in keeping with what little I know of frog’s personality so… yay?

wait

are spoilers considered defensive?? feels like a reach to me

(yes, I am aware that this is supposed to be a frog iso and not a pigeon iso, but I thought it relevant)

this post should clear frog as town imo

I’m pretty sure a wolf would make an actual conclusion, or one of their scumpartners would come up with ‘analysis’ based off of it

though that last paragraph does feel pretty awkward so maybe not 100% clearing as town but I think it still adds to the t!frog case

this is an underrated point that I admittedly completely missed the first time through

do you think cloned has tmi on pigeon?

@Frog has your meta changed significantly in the past year and a half?

TL;DR:

I think I just spent an hour of my life towncasing a consensus townread

sometimes I don’t make good choices

1 Like
Voted Voters Votes
Professor Aelin 1/7
Magnus Trochilidae, Leafia, Thepigeonnyc 3/7
Thepigeonnyc Professor, Frog 2/7
Bradland clonedcheese, illwei 2/7
Not Voting Gorta, EliThePsycho, Bradland, Magnus, Squirrel2412 5

:joy_cat:

Reminder that the day will end at 2021-12-01T00:00:00Z and the 50 post cap will be lifted at 2021-11-30T23:00:00Z.

/Pres vote Bradland. (changed.)

Voted Voters Votes
Professor Aelin 1/7
Magnus Trochilidae, Leafia, Thepigeonnyc 3/7
Thepigeonnyc Professor, Frog 2/7
Bradland clonedcheese, illwei, Magnus 3/7
Not Voting Gorta, EliThePsycho, Bradland, Squirrel2412 4

– Insanity

Okay…what in the fuck.

Actually never mind.

If I go over Day 1 kill Cheese on Day 2.

Just vote me and I’ll have more votes against me than you have against you. It’s not suspicious if I’m already suspicious, you could either be jumping on a bandwagon as evil or scumreading me as Town, or preserving yourself as either alignment. :man_shrugging:

(:sleeping_bed:)

You know what, I’d rather /Vote ClonedCheese. At least I actually scumread Cloned for my own reads and analysis, unlike this vote.

I like this post a lot, while I think Leafia is hard to read this post does make me think you have some town points

do you mean based on reasons not feelings?

I don’t like Professor and I think Bradland has some town points

now now, funny story, I got distracted. I haven’t played much FM reliably in months. A few games here and there, but I have to fall back into habits

I really did have exactly 5 posts, but uh I don’t think it’s entirely necessary for people to list the number of posts they are on. You can always check your post count by clicking your own name and with good enough note keeping it shouldn’t be an issue

I’ll try to generate more reads over night, but for now I’m just going to vote professor