Health Conditions

Well, I have the classic combo of depression and anxiety, not necessarily classic levels but yay :)
I’m not diagnosed but my partner and close family members agree I’m probably somewhere on the spectrum of autism.

I’ve had family members with problems with their heart and kidneys, but I’ve not gotten it checked out because I’m worried that if I have it I’m just going to be panicking from then on.

I’m shortsighted to the point that with my glasses off, even reading my laptop which is a short distance away can be a bit hard depending on how much content there is. I basically don’t leave home without them because squinting does really hurt my eyes and even when I’m home, I’m wearing them almost all the time.

4 Likes

One of the UK comedians whose career I somewhat follow has severe Ataxic Cerebral Palsy. It’s a hell of a disability.

1 Like

I read this as “misophobic” at first and was like “Wait, that’s fear of germs.”

4 Likes

i’m so sorry

6 Likes

In chronological order of initial incidence, manner of speaking:

• Moderate ADHD
  • Moderate Nearsightedness (Similar numbers to Zone) and severe astigmatism (I can barely read 14-pt font on a computer screen at 2-ft (60 cm) away without squinting)
  • Some currently-mild form of cardiopulmonary illness, still yet to be determined exactly, but personal experience and family history suggests some form of Atrial Flutter or other Tachycardia. Among other things, I very rarely drink coffee or energy drinks to avoid contributing to an early heart attack.
  • Moderately Overweight
  • Steadily-More-Severe Tobacco Smoke Allergy (Not that I’d want to be around smokers ANYWAYS.)
  • Mild OCD
  • Moderate Depression
5 Likes

Huh, mine started out white.

1 Like

Like in animes

1 Like

You clearly need a hug

1 Like

My only problem corporally with me is that my left eye is nearsighted and that’s it…

I have cavities at the back of my lower wisdom tooth and tooth sensibility from them. I need to go to the dentist.

And also need to do eye laser surgery.

ahem

• autism and severe anxiety, oh wow, that’s like basic ici lore, who gives the fuck about me being autistic as fuck anyway, we’re here for the spicy stuff
  • arthrogryposis - yeah, that’s right, a condition nobody has heard of! i cannot fully stretch out my fingers and the angles of my feet are all subtly off and stiff, causing them to often hurt walking over long distances, and my manual dexterity is permanently somewhat decreased to the point that i can barely use smartphones
  • duane syndrome - you amateurs, being either shortsighted or longsighted- one of my eyes is longsighted and the other is shortsighted, meaning that if i don’t wear glasses i will throw up due to constantly having to switch between which eye is doing the majority of focusing
  • low muscle tone - i am medically diagnosed to be weak as fuck
  • scoliosis - my spine used to be all kinds of fucked up so they inserted rods into it and its cool now but because of the whole intense surgery thing my back now occasionally hurts an intense amount

honestly, i am fine! like, i’m disabled, sure, but i always manage. also i’m smart as fuck, and quite frankly even though it’s sometimes inconvenient not looking disabled can be a huge advantage some times, given ableism is a thing.

please do not express the slightest sympathy towards me i wish to be made fun of. its my birthday so you can’t argue with this request

7 Likes

oh yeah my teeth!! also, i still have two of my baby teeth and it’s unlikely they’ll ever fall out naturally, so eventually i’m going to have to get that sorted out by an orthodontist

3 Likes

You suck. But also you’re great and I’m only saying the first thing because of birthday

1 Like

Perfectly healthy other than my eyesight i am blessed

2 Likes

im honestly probably forgetting at least a few things my body is like, subtly wrong in lots of ways but not majorly wrong in any way

1 Like

lmao duane

1 Like

Happy birthday

hey listen its not my fault that the reason i have to wear glasses has a dumb-sounding name

4 Likes

Nerd.

Do you know because you’re a nerd that you wish to be made fun of, or maybe do you just think that you wish to be made fun of? :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy birthday, nerd.

5 Likes

oh tell me about it lmao
shit really does suck