Hydra-Optional Vig10er - Day 4 - Town Wins

i was and i regret nothing

Okay but I distinctly remember eevee calling it a bus wagon and that seems relevant given LBW is up for the chop today

hmm
thread feels good rn?
didn’t expect this
will think on it

p sure we wer

if it was a bus wagon it would imply lbw is scum in which case i regret nothing still

in my experience kat is more likely to actively try to direct thread as scum in comparison to Brad/Aelin (e.g. in SFoL 61.5 when she tried to get into Allies chat and used Allies chat to try to discredit me, also from what I picked up in spec chat she was doing it in finale), whereas Brad/Aelin it’s more – they tend to try to actively drive the thread forward as V and don’t so much as W, and have kind of been sidelining themselves here except for periodically attempting to sow discord (this is another reason I think FPSers/cat aren’t w/w)

(to be clear I’m not saying ‘kat trying to have thread control makes her a wolf’ she can do it as town as well)

I mostly try to stay away from getting super preflippy but the main thing I would say is that you and FPSers really don’t feel w/w and cat and Kii really don’t feel w/w, which is sort of useless since you guys are already our top townread

my weak expectation is that kat will place some distance between herself and her partners but ultimately end up landing elsewhere at EoD (this is partially based on a game where she was alting and I don’t super want to out her alt) but I also expect that depends on who her partner is? like if her partner is in a good position she’s less likely to push them, if her partner is in a bad position she’s more likely to push them. Chloe tends to usually just bus struggling partners.

I’m less familiar with Brad/Aelin’s meta for how they handle partners, although I ?think? Brad mostly townread them in Moison to the extent that he had reads at all

but like this doesn’t super answer your question because, like, if katloe are partnered with LBW then their current behavior is consistent with that, but if their partner is someone else in a good position where they don’t need to distance their behavior is also consistent with that (this is in a cat wolf world)

I’ve stayed pretty confident all game on you guys being town since, like, the beginning of day 1

orange has had a few more doubts but I went through specifically the thing I noticed with you making a secret read, the tell I thought you were using at the time and why I think you secretly making a read based on it is villagery, and why I think that I was actually right about that and not just randomly reading a village motivation into something that was intended totally differently and he agreed that my explanation made sense

I obviously can’t prove I’m not pocketing you but here are all my wolfgames from the past six months so if you want to look at how I treated villagers I was trying to pocket you can compare

Completed: Pride Mafia! (I am Laicalasse in this)
Completed: Squid Game Mash (disclaimer I played really badly in this one)
Completed: Poisoner 21'er

and here are some recent towngames:

Completed: Hydra Event 2021: Uncapped Game 10, This year will be different! (this one is a hydra with orange)
[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins
Completed: Didney Worl Mafia

in general I would say that the main difference is that I’m less likely to maintain my townreads when they start being inconvenient for me as mafia, c.f. me randomly turning on Mist in LyLo in Pride Mafia, me randomly turning on Yolo in Poisoner, whereas when I’m town I’m more likely to reevaluate for actual reasons rather than just ‘lots of people are pushing this person so I guess I’ll let them die’ (but obviously this is self-meta, you should look at the games and draw your own conclusions)

-Arete

1 Like

*townreads

what

It’s a slot

Oh nvm I see

I personally still have some reservations from yesterday, orange is less convinced that the vote-explain tell is actually legit but he also has a couple of reservations whereas for our top two we generally have fewer concerns

-Arete

mmmmmmmmm what if tsp/cat is tvt i’m poking abby again
growing slightly more convinced you two are same alignment

alright guys i have a crazy idea just hear me out okay

What do you like most about cat

What are you biggest reservations

And when do I get my second cat fact

uh it occurs to me that ‘go read six games’ is probably not something literally anyone wants to do, if you can only read one of each I would go for Poisoner (that’s the one where my posts are best so it’s probably a decent ceiling on my wolfplay, and also there isn’t any mash weirdness or being-an-alt weirdness) and then Sorc17 for town (I got bombed early d2 so my Iso isn’t excruciatingly long)

1 Like

probably an accurate assessment (altho i was a serial killer in 61.5 so i dont think its an applicable game for this thought)

(as in, its generally >rand W for me to try to spearhead thread control, obv not out of my townrange and im… probably more likely to do it on this site than i am on MU but probably not this game cuz effort)

bolded feels a bit unfair :joy_cat:

how i play around my partners is… imo very dependent on my team

not sure what alt game ur talking about but im assuming its an older one so i probs just dont remember, but how i play on alts is prooooobably not 1:1 to how i play normally for a myriad of reasons that are surprisingly personal so ill leave it at that

“chloe busses struggling partners” is probably somewhat true? hard to say given these “struggling partners” are people that fall squarely under the “i dont want to be in wolfchat with this person” category of players, and shes only randed wolf a few times… chloe looks up to my wolfgame enough that she’d probably just listen to me, if i had to guess

random thing, but i have a suuuuuuuuper dumb reason to townread arete rn

the fact that i haven’t played with either in fuck knows how long and that a lot of their shit (particularly kat) could theoretically come from either alignment because kat is kat (abby seconds this hard)
also worried about potential pocketing in revenge for joy wowee
because i know i’ve been clear town and i expect to be widely townread but now that it’s actually happening i get uncomfortable because when anything good happens it makes me automatically uneasy

figure i wanna hear it and see how i feel about it

idc if you think its dumb drop it on us :joy_cat:

you’re gonna hate me for this
vibes
i can try to explain it more but my internal hydra apparently agrees with me on this
when they post i don’t feel uneasy like i do with some other slots
there’s still paranoia but
idk how to explain it other than the posts are like light blue which i know nobody else even understands
but that’s what it is

I’m not because my main point in their favor is basically the same

@TeamSlightlyPolish