Lackadaisy FM: Pick Your Poison SIGNUPS FULL (13/13)

Welcome to Lackadaisy FM: pick your poison

Hosted by @Frostwolf103

Cohosted by @Leafia

Reviewed by @Marluxion

Rules:

1. Follow the Forum Game Rules.
  2. Post a minimum of 10 game related posts per day phase.
  3. Fail to heed the former rules more than twice, and you will be subbed out or modkilled.
  4. With the exception of the first rule, the host has the ability to add and/or remove rules in the future.

General Mechanics

• Days last 48 hours unless majority is reached early, and nights last 24 hours.
  • There are no logs / last will mechanics.
  • All actions must be submitted in your role class card PM.
  • Role and alignment flips will be shown after a player dies.
  • Mafia Factional Kill is mandatory and assigned.
  • Mafia may communicate with each other 24/7 through a Discord Server.
  • The host will announce when XYLO occurs.
  • The game starts when the player list is fully filled.

Gameplay Mechanics

• This is an semi-open setup.
  • 3 mafia players get separate role selection split in 9 town roles in their role class card PMs before allowed to privately chat with each other.
  • Lackadaisy Flavor for Alignments and Roles are randomized
  • Day One starts with the execution enabled
  • Feedback is limited for most roles

Roles

7x Town Villagers
0/1 Town 1-guilty Cop
0/1 Town 1-Shot Desperado
0/1 Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
0/1 Town Bartender
0/1 Town Innocent Child
0/1 Town Hunter
0/1 Town Indecisive Doctor
0/1 Town Indecisive Jailkeeper
0/1 Town Indecisive Tracker
2x Mafia Goon
1x Mafia Roleblocker

Vote Mechanics

• Use the latest voting format
  • Executions are majority and plurality. In cases of a tie, the executions will be determined randomly among the players inside the tie.
  • No Exe is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In case No Exe and a player are tied at the end of the day, No Exe takes priority.
  • Upon following the sequence of [No Exe → No death → No Exe], a random Town will be executed.
  • Self-votes are considered valid votes.
  • Votes are locked in XYLO scenarios.

Players

1. Marluna
  2. Beancat
  3. Kiiruma
  4. guavagudetama
  5. lol
  6. baker
  7. Zorvo
  8. Crazynuto
  9. Zenon
  10. Kanave
  11. Jormok
  12. scoot
  13. Etha

Backups

YouButWorse
ElizaThePsycho
thepigeonnyc

Spectators

Eevee
Magnus
May
Litten
Hazardwaste

first

Mafia never chooses Jailkeeper over Doctor; it’s just more trouble when a Mafia is targeted by a Jailkeeper than it is when they are targeted by a Doctor.

Desperado always wins over Cop since the former is 1-Shot; Cop having redcheck-burnout means that it can potentially keep clearing Town.

If I were Mafia, I would choose Desperado, IC, Tracker.

Just remove any potential heals and delays from BPV, Bartender, Doc, and JK;
Never choose Cop;
This alone leaves me with Desperado, IC, Hunter, Tracker.

Always choose IC. IC is useless since this is a semi-open setup, so if you play a game with IC and no protectives, then IC is just liability.

So really, it’s just “choose your (two) poison” within Desperado, Hunter, and Tracker.

Kills are assigned, so Tracker is probably a good pick since (1) the only Town it can track is Desperado, who is either going to kill a Mafia or themselves, and (2) Mafia can minimize the risk of getting caught by assigning the kill to Roleblocker. (Roleblocker is almost useless in a Desperado/IC/Tracker setup anyway. Almost.)

You can make Tracker even more useless by removing its potential ability to clear Town if you choose Hunter over Desperado. However, Hunter has arguably more range of freedom compared to Desperado since Hunter kills after execution, while Desperado kills at night… i.e. it can be blocked.

In other words, each mafia member have no communications until Pick Your Poison selection is done and they have limited choices.

Actually, I just realized that the IC is Macho, so it wouldn’t matter anyway. Even if Mafia chooses a protective role as their poison, then they ought to always choose IC since IC is just a free kill.

Thic IC would have been a potential threat for Mafia if it comes with a Watcher, but since this is not the case; it’s just a free lightweight poison.

What if one Mafia picks something already chosen? (And why is this not mentioned in the OP?)

That wont happen

I think each mafia will get 3 choices, and they pick one.
(So every mafia chosse their own poison)

2 Likes

…ah, I see.
Mafia A will get to choose between Role A/B/C.
Mafia B between Role D/E/F.
Mafia C between Role G/H/I.

Yeah, no. We can still abuse the hell out of this since there is no rule mentioned in the OP that we can’t discuss our actions pre-game, pre-rand.

But in that case town will know which roles were chosen.

:joy_wolf:

Stop

Yes, and…? If the roles suck, then it’d be no different than playing an open setup with Mafia advantage.

…like, why though? I have no legal reason to do so, and I am notorious for being ill-mannered.

All you need to do to stop me is just make it such that pre-game discussion is illegal from henceforth.

You could have, you know, NOT say it in the first place if you don’t know it?

Host will just make so, that all of your strong roles and weak roles will be grouped together.

Also I don’t agree with your view on IC.

It will just force mafia’s nightkill at some point, which isn’t the best all of the time.

I’d say this however, yes that’s exactly the idea. And if I find a way to make it balanced, I can.

It’s the same concept, just different ruleset.

…? If I don’t know X, then how would I say X?

I hope so, or else it would be a somewhat boring battle.

Yes, it forces a kill, but what would you rather have: A pseudo-IC that has actual powers, or an actual IC that can’t do anything other than become tonight’s kill?

I know this is signup thread, not a pre-game discussion thread of a game that’s not started yet.

Semi-Open applies that you know that these roles exist, but you don’t know which one will be randed via mafia picking their choices, who have no way coordinating pre-start with each other.

I know setups might be interesting for you to dissect.