Monster Mistery: Chapter 0: Escape.

Wait a minute. Is that… a mishap?
If it isn’t a mishap, then it’s a hint.
However, if it is a mishap… then betrayal must be the trigger, somehow.

Huh? What’s a mishap or a hint?

I don’t know whether this counts as a spoiler or not… so I have to keep talking in cryptic.
But… you have already saved your game, so I don’t even think you can ‘find’ it anymore.

–also, I just realized that my notes were wrong. Silviu’s attempts are gold mines of information; they confirm the existences of the early constants, and suggest the existence of another constant of a later time. I have noticed the existence these constants a couple days ago, and I was wrong about the early constants. There was not one; but two of them. I so focused on one constant, that I didn’t even notice there were two of them!

I want to investigate and research the later constants, but… because I interfered with the early constants by showing my hands too early to everyone, I don’t think I will ever find out the details the later constants unless I “spend timelines” to let people die, which feels… “unethical” and “morally wrong”, but the issue is that they… They [REDACTED].

There is no way that I am going to stop hunting for information, but I don’t know when to stop. Part of me was already burnt out, but then he had to continue suffering due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Eventually, “I” burned out myself, and dropped my masks. Without them, I don’t know what is and is not right.

WARNING: Disturbing Thoughts

“I want everyone to survive,” but
“I cannot ensure everyone survives without knowing more about them”, and
“to obtain more information, I need to ‘spend’ timelines ‘researching’ them.” However,
“this mindset of ‘toying with the timelines’ does not feel ethical; not ‘morally correct’.”

“I want everyone to survive,” but
“I can no longer save this and that person,” so
“I want to survive with as many people as possible,” but
“I cannot :eye: control :eye: everyone’s actions,” because
“I don’t understand them enough,” and thus
“they keep dying one after another.” …at one point,
“I gave up on saving everyone”, and
“just tried to save as many as I can.”

…is it truly as simple as that? [REDACTED]
Was the answer before my very own eyes all along?

No… If such was the case, then why did they die? No… rather, it should be: How did they die? George was with them in that timeline, and nobody died until much later in another timeline, and the deaths of that timeline is not at the same time! I am missing a piece of information… There is a trigger to this constant, and I don’t see it yet.

Just like the early constants, the trigger is based on interactions. They can be prevented based on the knowledge we grant at the participants; we are the biggest variable. However, in order to give the correct information, we must first understand their context. Given my lackluster pool of knowledge… it’s not enough. I cannot finish this mystery with only one half of the answers.

…in the end, I need to research them after all. :eyeglasses:

I see. Well, I already escaped and I’m not planning on any future attempts to better my score.

I do admire the research that you’re doing with this though Zone.

1 Like

Attempt #12 (Zone_Q11)

You start by suspectnig everything out of order. (Which isn’t weird, if we know that he experienced three timelines, which weren’t recorded due to special circumstances.) But everything looks like you start again normally. In the process, you stop the lizardman from exiting. (Whose name is Drez, which you know from the unrecorded timeline.) You asks George to explore the are, who complies. You introduce Amaquelin to Drez, who shouts out that she is the princess. While the vampire, Lilith, Emerenta, Drez and the short woman pledge allegiance to Amaquelin, Hunter, James, Mary, Elisabeth and Hansen leaves the room. You are waiting to George to come back, but he doesn’t. You decide to let Romero out through the gate of the west, so he won’t interference with the trial of the east. Drez helps you convince the alligators to let Romero through. The rest of you go to the ravine. Fred stays at the starting room. And your group is joined with the last man. This last man pushes the short woman in the depth, because they both are curious, how deep it exactly is. Unlike his expectation, the short woman doesn’t come back.
The rest of you, (all seven) initiate the trials. You all finishes the first trial without a problem. Drez fails the second trial, and after experiencing many deaths, you fail the third trial.

Your watch beeped twice at 02:10, once at 06:00 and once at 06:15.

1 Like

Discoverer of names. Failure of survival.
Fourth official attempt… Time to wait.

1 Like

Eh. Maybe die again in the process.

1 Like

Attempt #13 (Vinny (Squirrel2412))

Vinny recognize very fast that the people don’t want to share their names, so he proposes everyone to use nicknames. He “befriends” the short woman and the vampire (of which he didn’t know yet, that it is a vampire). He decides to go North with Lilith, Mary and the unnamed guy. Mary got trapped in a quicksand, but with Vinny’s help the trio pulled her out from the trap. But after that because of a communication error (due to the wind) the trio goes in three different ways. Vinny follows Lilith who went further North. When Lilith touches the barrier, she is buried under a lot of sand, and Vinny escapes without her. He wakes up the unconscious guy while leaving the desert, and they meet up with Mary at the edge of the forest. The trio goes back to the starting room, where they learn someone disappeared in the fog as well. Since the vampire and the short woman didn’t come back, Vinny decides to go west with Mary and the unnamed guy. They meet up the vampire, and they learn the fate of the short woman, who (according the vampire) attacked the vampire without any reason, but died in the process. The trio learns that the vampire is a vampire, but no conflict breaks out. They go to the swamp, where they are approached by alligators. The vampire decided to go fight them, but because she got distracted, she died while an alligator bit her into two parts. This was enough for the alligators not to pursue the others, who left the swamp as soon as possible. They went south without going back to the center, in the end Mary gets electrocuted in the fog. The last two decide to go back to the starting room, pick up as many people as possible, anyone who was still left, joined them, except Fred. They went to the swamp first, where George decided to leave the group. And without entering the swamp, the rest checked out the east. While going eastwards, the starting room exploded behind their back. After a few unsuccessful attempt to check the depth of the ravine, Vinny decides to climb down. Hunter, Amaquelin, Emerenta and the unnamed guy followed him, but after a quick argument, Hansen left for North, James left for South and Romero went for West instead of climbing down. Vinny initiated the trials, but didn’t believe the voice. Unlike him, Amaquelin jumped down without hesitation. After climbing down became impossible, Vinny decides to climb up, but when he reaches the top, the unnamed guy is fed up with the constant death caused by Vinny, and pushes him in the ravine. He didn’t survive the fall.

Your watch beeped twice at 00:05, twice at 01:00, once at 03:00, once at 04:00 twice at 06:00 and once at 06:30

Wow. Holy shit.
I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Y’know, sometimes I do wonder why I don’t go after genocide when I am a completionist.

I guess I’ll never know.

1 Like

Attempt #14 (Zone_Q11)

You start with confronting Drez. In the end he suggests you pledge allegiance toward Amaquelin and he will believe your word (after some quick conversation with others) you do so, and the vampire, the short woman and Drez do so as well. * You get in an argument, Hunter and James leave the room. Your quintett checks out the swamp, where Drez learns from the alligators, there is a method to let more people escape through the west.
Meanwhile the rest of you tried to figure out why you couldn’t finish the trials in the ravine.
Before you could go back into the starting room, you were lifted high by a winged creature. (from it’s voice you would assume it’s George.) The creature dropped you from a very high point, and you didn’t survive the fall.

*Zone used his save after the pledge (but before the argument)

You watch beeped once at 01:10

Well, this is it. I have locked myself into a monster-sided pacifist route. We now know the west and the east. All that’s left is… sigh, the fricking south.

1 Like

I do wonder. “Where are we?”

This is clearly an artificial terrain. It’s not difficult to notice the sudden change from one section to another. In fact, it is probably not weird to assume that the entire world is artificial. Maybe even a simulation or something, like YTTD’s spin-off game.

What has been preventing us from leaving, exactly? There are alligators to the west, a barrier to the north, a chasm that spans for miles to the east, and THE FOG to the south. The barrier is… for a lack of better explanation, “either an exit or literally the edge of the world”. The chasm is too deep and wide to be considered an exit if you ignore the trial. The south is literally unpassable by any known means to me. If anyone wants to explore that awful place, then by all means: Go ahead.

So, assuming the worst case scenario where everyone tries to kill the alligators, what exactly prevents them from going through the west. Like, it has been made public that there is a gate in the west that works as an exit (Attempt #12), but… has anyone actually explored the swamp thoroughly? Undisturbed by the alligators?

Like, what even prevents the players from escaping through the swamp? We have a barrier and a chasm. What’s next; a mountain? (Wait, no. That’s probably not the case considering what Marluna said…) So basically there is something else that prevents people from escaping through the west other than through the gate…? Supposedly…? I don’t understand it. I don’t have enough knowledge to speculate on this matter. It’s literally “anything goes”.

…speaking of which, I now realize that -if all what I have learnt is correct- then I might have been able to escape in my second run. Considering this wasn’t mentioned in the later runs (in which I never focused on escaping through the west because I have been investigating the east), this probably means that… I am misunderstanding something entirely. Is it because all exits are–

[REDACTED]

Oh my god, this still exists.

Pat
Pat

@Marluna, can we get an update on who are still playing this game?

I’m still playing

Albeit very slowly Because Timezones™

3 Likes

It’s you and Squirrel who are still very active.
And technically we have three struggler, who never said they finished with the game (but at this point I doubt they will pick it up again.)

3 Likes

I… I see. Welp. @Squirrel2412, I hope that you can use our attempts to your advantage. I truly wish you the best of luck in escaping this place with as many people as possible.

…I feel like I am one of the few that truly tries hard to full-clear this game. (Which is funny, because this is still “Chapter 0”.) In another timeline, there could have been a handful of people escaping relatively quickly if they had worked together to explore the place. However, I don’t think any of them would actually try to take as much time exploring the world as much as I do.

1 Like