Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

Could you explain the townread on Guava? I must’ve missed the reasoning for that.

I’ve only had one experience with w!Arctic, and in that game he hardpushed me (but it turned out my leans were all correct so it was an important push), so I’m not the best judge of character on this front.

how long ago was this game?

November.

do you have a link?

1 Like

@Kanave @Ashlyn @Wazza
Anyone is free to answer this but I’m targeting these three cuz I don’t think they’re even hitting today’s postmin?

What are y’all’s reads on Arctic and Vulgard? (For Wazza you can just talk about Vulgard if you want, I saw your read on Arctic)

1 Like

I don’t know better then y’all per say.

But I do have 7 Years Mafia experience and been in this game long enough to know how things work.

I get a better understanding of where the wolves are and always evaluate the game state.

Despite my experience however, in my over 200 games, I haven’t lead an execution fully once.

Ok I mean maybe like 3 times given the players but barley ever do.
Although actually this might not even be true cause it’s like there was times in the past where I lead stuff as a wolf which for some reason people follow.
Even that though was still a rare occasion.

I’ve always struggle at convincing others or even communicating properly.

Flygon

2 Likes

So like not to feed your ego but in a way you should know better than me?? If you have so much experience?? Cuz this my… fourth FM game iirc. Like I have a lot of experience with the game genre but FM is a whole ‘nother plane y’know?

But what I was getting at with that comment wasn’t about experience with the game, I mean you try to direct us in a way that feels as if you have information we don’t. And when there hasn’t been a night phase yet (talkin’ day 1), that’s not a town investigator, that’s just a wolf.

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuck this is giving me huge vibes of another player ik and he always says this type of shit when he’s town

Flygon sr was like my one character trait this game I can’t lose this /j

I’m gonna reevalute because your more recent posts have felt townie as much as I hated your day 1

VOTE: UNVOTE

Wait how do I unvote again

VOTE: guavagudetama

I’m gonna leave my vote there until someone shows me how to unvote
I’m gonna look into Squirrel because Wazza has a vote on him and I don’t quite understand it

[unvote] [/unvote], or click the reverse icon next to the hammer in the posting ui.

1 Like

UNVOTE
Thank you

1 Like

His entrance was a reply to Vulgard which feels weird to me. I don’t know why that feels weird but it does. Like his entrance doesn’t have any correlation I see to Vulgard’s post. This is probably nothing and I’m looking too much into it but it feels wrong.

Looks at Squirrel not hitting postmin today

[quote=“Squirrel2412, post:65, topic:3965, full:true”]

[quote=“Kanave, post:55, topic:3965”]

This was hell and it meant nothing and I give slight scum points to anyone who mentioned it just because it didn’t mean anything I will never get over this it was THREE WORDS-

THST INCLUDES YOU!

This is just a message so I can talk about the Squirrel/Eliza/Kanave interaction
Knowing Eliza is town I don’t know if he actually comes out of this looking that great until I realise that he literally quoted the wrong commentary to Eliza’s quote. Like mans had no clue what was going on.

Me revealing that I didn’t actually agree with Caspore and I just wanted Flygon to get executed

Mans continues to have no clue what’s going on. He does NOT know chat.

No because he was kinda right for this he was just scared AND THIS ISN’T BAD FAITH THIS TIME I actually think there’s a world where Kanave is still a wolf

I don’t like this read. It feels like there was literally nothing to read and he’s just saying something to say it. Arctic did it too and they’re both getting a :face_with_raised_eyebrow: for this moment

…what? wait, but in an earlier- didn’t you-…

He phrases it weirdly but a postcap would encourage slanking… why is there a wolf for sure in top posters again? If you thought the wolves were gonna be slanking? What changed?

Also as it stands I don’t believe we have a wolf between myself, Arctic, Vulgard and Flygon. I don’t know if Flygon’s posting changed or my judgement was clouded but I’m looking at it and I’m like… fuck that’s town isn’t it. codclamit.

Anyway this post where he thinks one of the top 4 is a wolf is bad but I didn’t think anything of it at the time cuz I was like “yep! and that wolf is Flygon!”

And… that’s it. That’s all of the posts that have anything readable.
So what did I learn?
-This guy’s confused a lot
-His reads are making me confused (but I didn’t care because they more or less aligned with mine)
-But now they kinda don’t so like what’s going on

I’d be okay with voting this I think but I also wanna look for like smthn else cuz I’m not super confident this is actually a wolf there’s just some posts that rub me the wrong way

1 Like

If you’re curious, while I haven’t had a lot of experience with w!Flygon, I’ve had a lot of recent experience with v!Flygon and I very much feel like they’re playing like their villager self than wolf self in more ways than one.
I know they receive a lot of criticism for their playstyle, and I get why, but I personally find them enjoyable to play with.

People were saying this but I like
I literally could not care less about meta
If you do something suspicious, even if it’s “in character” for you to do as town, I’m still going to push you for it, because you have to learn that you can’t just be suspicious as town to get away with it when you’re not town.

I also enjoy playing with them now that they aren’t indirectly insulting me and Arctic LOL
(The reason I’ve been avoiding ISOing them, I finally got the little people in my head to stop having an echo chamber of “that was mean :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: kill them”)

four within 90 seconds, yeah
wdym “not have had any time”?
imo its essentially a non-factor because he had most likely already seen the other votes
they werent that close in time

ah yes
i shall simply trust you

nya x3

this confuses me (even with the knowledge that its meant to say scumreading)
were you specifically trying to play to make caspore townread you there? this isnt a loaded question im just genuinely curious on the playstyle here

i want to hear your alternatives, other than arctic
in my eyes, even at base rand, every single player in this game has a 33% chance of being scum
if i remove kanave (i saw their post, i will quote it later),
3/8 players in the game are scum
the idea that an entire solve is entirely wrong is fallacious in itself (even with the acknowledgement that kanave was one of those slots)

ok
if youre town i want to hear why that is rather than just “i am town” because i genuinely am having trouble seeing why you arent scum with that eod
occam’s razor says the simplest explanation is the correct one
to assume that eod was just randomly fucking shit and no scum were interfering is just too implausible for me to accept

mrrr
hate this post

ugh
fortunately or unfortunately this is
exactly the vibe i was looking for from a response
sorry friend

the idea that the entire poe was losing yesterday doesnt. make. sense.
where were the wolves?? like, i get youre saying ninja and ill have to dive that when im free to do so
why eod movement if the poe is wrong? was a previous wagon correct and votes were shifted off of that?

w h y
why why why
whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy
what the fuck is wrong with my way of thinking here
people are just telling me im wrong but not explaining WHY

hnnng
this post feels like some sort of asmr where the guy is comfortably whispering into my ear to make me believe him
. im gonna scream

i really need to dive ninja
ok i will do that… after this? idk
im doing this to procrastinate on work

fm is misery. this game is misery. i am in

im… vaguely fine with this? the only world in which flygon is town imo is one where squirrel/arctic are partnered

… actually not terrible?
i have. like. a single Thought™ on this but i am going to keep it to myself for a little bit

i
think im misreading this
i tried to ping vul to ask a question but this quite literally shut my brain off
i
dont
???
i couldnt think of anything im just so fucking confused
im just gonna
end this here

that wasn’t my point

arctic was worried that town would have a bunch of slankers and we would end up misyeeting within them
my point was that having mentors would hopefully encourage people who normally slank as town to post more

the thing about top posters was more a coincidence - the main reason I thought there was a wolf there is that each of you had at least one scumread among the other 3 (except arctic, I think?) and that it was really unlikely that all 4 of you are that bad at reading each other

you just happened to be the top 4 posters which made describing you as a group really easy