Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

Glgl ahhhhhhhh

WHY

Eugh

This topic was automatically closed after 116 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

EoD1 Vote Count

ElizaThePsycho (6): NinjaPenguin, Flygon, Ashlyn, Arctic, Kanave, Vulgard
Flygon (2): guavagudetama, ElizaThePsycho
Squirrel2412 (2): Magnus, Shending_Help
Kanave (1): Caspore

Not Voting (2): Dum, Squirrel2412

Night 1: All That Remains

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TERRORISTS ATTACK STRATA

Bioroid Unfairly Blamed For Murder

1400 Thursday, the 23rd

Haas-Bioroid deeply regrets the death of the Strata Corp. geologist, Doctor Gregory Philips, but would like to assure the public that its bioroids are completely safe. Dr. Philips was murdered in coldblood, not by a bioroid, but by radicals associated with Human First. Haas-Bioroid has turned all evidence of its investigation over to the NAPD.

“The Erik model bioroid is incapable of violence,” said Evie Anderson, head of Product Development at Haas’ Silicon lab. “This was an act of terror.”

All evaluations of the Erik line have exceeded legal safety standards as set by the AEHAA. Haas-Bioroid’s proprietary security protocols are the industry standard, and its bioroids are employed worldwide by thousands of companies.

Commissioner Dawn of the NAPD vowed to bring those responsible to justice, and re-affirmed the government’s commitment to using bioroids in law enforcement roles. “This is a tragedy,” she told reporters early this morning. “But we stand behind all those who wear the NAPD badge.”

It should be noted that any tampering, including adding after-market modifications, is illegal, as well as a clear violation of all warranties, terms of service, and end user agreements.

Haas-Bioroid is committed to improving the lives of individuals, and creating a safer world.

ElizaThePsycho has been executed! She was:

ElizaThePsycho

Welcome to Netrunner Mafia, ElizaThePsycho! You are Leela Patel – Trained Pragmatist, Vanilla Town.

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 lasts for 24 hours. Please DM me with any night actions up to one hour before deadline.

Day 2 will start at 2023-01-15T19:00:00Z.

Opening day a little early for time reasons.

Day 2: The Spaces Between

The highway was oscillating between a deep maroon and orange. It made his head spin, but he kept the tracker in his view. Someone less experienced might have missed the subtle shift as it disappeared down a tunnel, but not Nasir. He followed it in.

‘The tunnel was a c-tube, created for high-speed data transfers when the primary data was light-based. The tracker picked up speed, and Nasir boosted his grip to match, latching onto the tunnel edge to keep himself level. “Energy low” ‘The report from Edna reverberated through his digital being. He needed to capture the tracker, now. He increased his output, and let go of the tunnel edge.

“Entering Terra Incognita”. The tunnel split. It happened so fast he didn’t even have time to throw down an anchor. The tube shifted from a ringed pattern to a deeper black, and then ceased entirely. He felt the space
around him fold in on itself, and grabbed vainly for an edge. There was nothing there.

“Energy low.”

He pulled up his map and sent out pings, looked for a pointer. Any sort of sign. There was nothing but the dark energy of cyberspace. Nasir activated his diving suit. It was the safest way to explore the nether realms. There was data here, he could feel it flowing around him like a draft of air. Faint, but there. It was headed down. It was always headed down. Even though direction was meaningless within the construct, it was useful for his sense of balance.

“Energy low." He ignored the warning for the third time. He should have more than enough to last for another several minutes. The data flow increased, and he followed it. There was something up ahead. It was big, dense. He felt its gravitational pull, and let it guide him toward it.

“Mu waves spiking!” Edna sounded concerned. She maybe should be; his brain was interfaced directly with his rig, and mu waves could be translated ‘directly into his brain with unpredictable results. His e-visuals flared to life. There was a bright light, outside of the visible spectrum, that gave off a pulsating glow. “Mu levels dangerous!” Nasir pushed power to his net shield to keep his grip under control. The mu readings were the highest he had ever seen; alpha and delta waves, too. But there was something else. Something beyond the wave field. He snapped it, reeled in a piece. Then it hit him.

He moved, but nothing happened. He was frozen. His suit was jello. Then it was…happening. All at once. He was spinning. Backwards. He tried to move forward, and he felt his datastream fragmenting. His grip
was loosening. Lag.

“1,2 second lag detected.”

He jacked out, felt the datastream slip away like sand through his fingers.

The room spun into view around him. His workshop, with its peeling paint and scattered cords. He felt the thumping of his heart and the rush of blood. He closed his eyes, and breathed deeply.

There was something important there; in the void. He ripped out the spikes from his hands, and swiveled his chair to an upright position. His console was buzzing away on the table in front of him, and he loaded up the piece he had grabbed. “Edna, run a primary analysis.” It took over fifteen seconds to get the results.

“Primary analysis complete.” Nasir tapped away. He had to be sure. Every test he threw at his small packet of information made him more excited.

The presence he had not quite accessed, it was binary. Elemental. Powerful. Unmatched in its purity. It must be a source. Eden. Hades. Utopia. The nodes that built the net. The oldest protocols. Thought to be a myth, a legend for the rationalists. g00ru had posited that if they did exist, their streams would be so fragmented that it would be almost impossible to detect. That they would degrade over time. But Nasir thought differently. What if they didn’t degrade? What if they evolved? His graduate project at EIT had posited this, and Nasir had devoted countless days scouring the reaches of the net, waiting for the day he would stumble upon the source.

But the lag. It was 1.2 seconds. That could mean only one thing. He was accessing a node outside of the earth’s atmosphere. He started a mapping protocol.

“Bug detected!” Nasir instinctively loaded up his destroyer countermeasures. Edna had powerful defenses, but sometimes something slipped through. He traced the bug. It was an observer, and had residual brain-wave readings-his brain waves. He must have picked it up on impact with the field. It was impossible to tell what sort of information it might have been transmitting, if any.

“Edna, disconnect from the net, 45 minutes. Execute a complete system wipe of drive 3.” It was better not to take any chances. He would also update his link system. If there was one thing he didn’t want, it was someone showing up at his door. Having the bug go undetected for over ten minutes was troubling. He wondered if there was anything else he might be missing.

“Probable locations charted.” The mapping protocol was complete. He glanced at the results. The lag was consistent with a location in outer space. Somewhere on the moon, to be exact. There would be no way to reduce it remotely. And with that amount of lag, it would be too dangerous to access the field. Strange. If it was a source, why would it be on the moon? The moon was colonized long after the original net framework. It didn’t add up. But he would make it. He was a believer.

He pulled up his cred account. It was running low. Heading upstalk was not cheap. And there was always the matter of transporting sensitive material back down. But perhaps there was a way. He still had a bottle of Martian dreamwine, from the last job, after all. And where he was going, he wasnt likely to need it. His dreams were within reach, he could feel them like the current of the datastream, pulsing through his veins.

Caspore and Shending_Help have been killed.

Caspore

Welcome to Netrunner Mafia, Caspore! You are Nasir Meidan – Cyber Explorer, Vanilla Town.

Shending_Help

Welcome to Netrunner Mafia, Shending_Help! You are Ele “Smoke” Scovak – Cynosure of the Net, Vanilla Town.

It is now Day 2 of Netrunner Mafia.
With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to execute.
The deadline is 2023-01-17T19:00:00Z.

@Wazza has replaced @Dum.

Please do not speculate on reasoning for replacements.

Good Morning!

I hate this.

1 Like

@Kanave
You better not have shot Caspore I swear.
I said they were town like you are.

Hi nerds it’s the penguin and I’m still feeling frustrated after reading back so apologies if I come off a bit snappy
After looking back it seemed like nobody was trying to push things in the gamestate at all before I entered on the thread and that probably means scum were content with Flygon/Kanave wagons
And if one player went through that EoD content it was Guava whose EoD just screamed apathy. Which brings me to my main frustration which is that nobody interacted at all with my case on Guava. Like at all. Besides Guava who said they weren’t trying to solve Caspore because they already thought they were town which makes no sense because they literally say they weren’t explicitly TRing Caspore before.
“I just wanted clarification on their thought process because I didn’t really get why they were voting me.” what’s the objective from this if it’s coming from town? Because Guava themselves admitted it’s not trying to read Caspore’s alignement and they didn’t interact with the answer to their actual question at all
I don’t really have much else in the way of thoughts especially now that my onyl other scumread is dead and flipped town. Guava’s teammates are probably other players that weren’t that worried at EoD but tbh I feel like that’s everyone but Flygon and Kanave and those are uh my two strongest towns so that isn’t getting me anywhere. I’ll try to dive into things at some point later today
But for now it’s time to get ourselves a wolf. My initial case is post 579, please actually read it this time
VOTE: guavagudetama

1 Like

Although Sheding Help dying is very odd.
Unless we have a buss driver or something that kill is pretty bad.

They don’t even kill Kanave who is Vigilante.

Honestly makes me think it is Arctic since Arctic was clearly trying to pocket Kanave.

Also, @guavagudetama Now that Eliza flipped town and I know I am town, you need to realize that doing a limit on a PoE is never good.
If your town, you’re gonna need to evaluate today very carefully.

@Vulgard can you explain why you voted Eliza at the end there instead of staying on Sheding Help or Voting with Magnus and them on Squirrel?
What’s your read on Squirrel?

Flygon

Yes they were.

Because I didn’t understand? And I like understanding things? Like your other points make sense to me but I don’t really get how me asking that was wolfy

Anyway, I’m actually pretty okay with dying here because after some thought and seeing Kanave shoot Shending (hopefully, if she shot Caspore I’ll be upset) my whole world view is wrong so I’m like… feeling really dumb rn

So yeah I’m fine with this
VOTE: guavagudetama

K

Like can you do a re-evaluation on Arctic and Vulgard please.

I still think Arctic is likely a wolf here based on what I’ve seen from them.

As for Vulgard I really liked them yesterday but I want an answer to the question I gave them.

Flygon

Before I give some certain thoughts I want to know who Kanave shot.

Oh I didn’t even see this part
Can you stop acting like you wanted to sign up for mentor but they wouldn’t let you? Unrequested criticism is a pain. Obviously I need to reevaluate my reads, I realised after day phase ended you wouldn’t be defending Kanave as the wagon right under her if you were a wolf. After seeing two people died tonight I realise you’re probably both town.

I actually was thinking either Arctic or Vulgard was a wolf, at one point I said I was going to ISO them but I got busy with schoolwork + actual work which is why I didn’t switch votes to one of them (also because I thought one of them was paired with you).
we have a whole day phase though! so I’ll figure that out soon

ISOing Arctic first because he has less posts :+1: