Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

what

Performing what is the key question :ayaya:

vulgard is pushing on me a similar way he did in PCI which probably should make me give him some credit but instead it just makes me roll my eyes because he should know better if he’s town

i guess i just don’t like how dismissive he is about my slot more on an approach level rather than an alignment level

weh

Am definitely doin my job right

1 Like

@ElizaThePsycho

Yep, and I don’t do anything the first few days because I’m sitting there going “I should know who the wolves are by now, all the information I need is there, I should work on figuring things out from the content I have, I don’t need to focus on generating more”. The passive gameplay is a symptom of the actual problem (too-high expectations for myself). It’s when I give up and start realtiming that I usually get my endgame reads together. - e.g. when I saw Molly’s reaction to the Lemon vote at the end of last game.

Also, I was at least partially deliberately throwing the first few days of last game because I wanted to survive. It sounds rude, and it is, but I didn’t trust the town we had to make good decisions in the endgame, especially before you and Marl replaced in. I blamed illness and lack of confidence a lot, and those were certainly factors, but I played up “I can’t make good reads” on purpose. I don’t think I’ll be employing that strategy again, seeing as it failed despite the fact that I was absolutely right.

Yes! I did this on purpose. Making the exact same push with a lot of the exact same people in thread gives me a really easy point of comparison for reactions, because it’s literally one-to-one.

Unfortunately, I can’t compare Lemon’s reaction, since she was late to the thread in B&F, but Arctic’s initially seemed pretty different to me - he seemed to take my read more seriously than he did as a wolf, rather than immediately realize it was a reaction test. Then… he put in that little addendum about realizing it, which kinda deleted my read. I have more to say about this but I’m getting really motion sick so I have to put down my phone now ok bye

1 Like

hi

oh its mostly a gutread
lemme see if i can try to explain it

fwiw i didnt realize it was a reaction test last game until you said “successful”

actually i cant even remember what i even thought at the time because i didnt really care lol

to expand on this it doesn’t feel like he’s handling his read of me like someone who just came out of a game where he confidently miscleared me. like i find it bizarre he thinks he would find me this easily just after he misreading me, in a way that’s extremely reckless? the only reason i’m not dumpstering him is because he did a similar thing in PCI as v/v where he tunneled my opener for being “forced” and not having done anything villagery. he was equally confident and dismissive about it there. does that make his behaviour more or less wolfy this game? depends on… uh. how nice i want to be about vulgard’s ability to learn as a player. unfortunately though i wouldn’t be surprised if he was town, despite his confidence really making no sense here

1 Like

if anyone wants to do their homework, they can read around here

so @Nokiel liked this post around 3 hours ago and then said absolutely nothing

what’s up with that?

That means they busy

You know what I may be a bit sold on the Arctic wagon

no, it means they’re lurking.
it could also mean they are busy, but i don’t know that. which is why i asked them why they were lurking.

And you feel the need to point out the lurking because…

Arctic (2): Vulgard, ElizaThePsycho
ElizaThePsycho (1): May

Not Voting (8): Aelin, Arctic, beancat, Jar, Kanave, Lemonfairy, Nokiel, Whysper

because people usually lurk as a wolf? especially towards the start of the game when it might be easier to approach the thread at a later point but they’re still curious about what’s going down in the game. like… this isn’t rocket science. it’s possible i care more than it really matters because i know i lurk as a wolf, and i don’t as town, but it’s at least something to talk about.

yeah… talking about stuff. isn’t that what we’re supposed to do here.

because no one is talking about anything. i’m trying to invite discussion and be as transparent about my thoughts as possible so people can talk about something. i don’t mind being wolfread if it progresses the game in some way. but i don’t really think it is progressing the game, because i am currently struggling to gauge the alignment of anyone who has wolfread me due to how little it seems they actually care about solving me

1 Like

i recognize that is a moderate overreaction, but i thought i may as well explain why it looks like i am “posting to get townread” because what i’m actually doing is “posting to get people talking about the game”. sometimes this involves pursuing line of inquiry that aren’t always going to be fruitful, but that’s part of how the game works when the thread is otherwise starved.

i think… my only real read right now is that i’m leaning town on may, pretty much only because of what i said about her probably wanting to withhold the RT post on eliza as a wolf for fear of looking bad due to it.

@Kanave you sleep too much