Publicly Reviewed Roles Thread

Hey I’ve played with you a few times before.
Am I wrong on this?

1 Like

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

1 Like

:star: :star: :star:

Rating 3/5

Reason:
I like a lot of the flavor of the role and it feels like it would be balanced depending on the setup. The problem that I have is that it’s a JOAT with Vote Manipulator, Rolestopper, and Amnesiac Lookout. So in FoL terms it’s
Manipulative
Offensive
Informative

Just feels like their abilties are really just mashed together, which is why it is a JOAT. I feel like ways to improve it would either be to make it not a JOAT, and change it to either be purely vote manipulative, rolestopper, or Amnesiac Cop/LO. If it was meant to be a JOAT I would recommend removing the Vote Manipulator aspect as Vote Manipulators are strong no matter what setup you put them in, so you are buffing an already good role.

Lore;
“Hey Chuck you want a bear” asked Sneed. “Sure buddy ol pal I could use for another can of good ol duff” replied Chuck. Sneed and Chuck, sat outside their shop just chillin as time passed by. Then, a uproar was heard in the distance, a crowd was chasing someone. “That’s a big parade” stated Chuck “I don’t think it’s a parade” commented Sneed. “Hey you in the crowd” yelled Chuck “Come and join us for a can”. The crowd member was eager to have alchohol, so they sat down and joined the par for a good ol pint of cold duff bear

:star: :star2:

Rating: 1.5/5

Reason:
So this role is probably fun to play, but it is definitely anti-fun to the entire game. Like for starters people are punished for posting by having an insta loss (in the form of a modkill). Not only that people are also stopped from claiming, and even after that people are stopped from voting. I guess if you wanted to balance this card you could maybe make it an independently winning survivor, as that basically fulfills the thing were you want to survive and survive for long, but it also negates the downside of making everyone sub out of the game. If you want to keep the killing aspect I would recommend maybe making it a vote killer that allows the player (the person with this card) to kill one person voting another person (this person would have been targeted in the night prior).

Lore:
It’s time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel. “Kaiba you are such a fool you failed to account for my secret strategy” stated Yami “And what might that strategy be my undefeated game breaking cheater heart of the cards walk the millennium puzzle motherfu-“ replied Kaiba. Yami cut Kaiba off “You failed to account for my card, stalling tactics!” “Nooooooo” cried Kaiba now suffering the eternal torture of the shadow realm as Yami relentlessly defeated Seto Kaiba in a shadow duel.

1 Like

:new_moon:

Rating: 1/7 Moons

Reason:
This role is lore accurate.
I think potential buffs could include
Passive: Fear Kill: Orangeandblack5 will be targeted by a mafia factional kill before n3.
Passive: Hyper Activate: Orangeandblack5 will have to post 1000 times or they will spontaneously combust
Passive: First: Orangeandblack5 will be the first player to post, if a player posts before Orangeandblack5 they will die on the spot.

Lore:
Orange Orange Orange Black Black Black the moon shall rise consume the skies for the dark presence that engulfs the land of shazat will finally arise from its eternal tomb of sorrow and take back its totems that were wrongly corrupted by the humans that have long since pillaged the lands of shazat during the Orange’s slumber.

2 Likes

The Lich :shield: :fire:

Neutral Killer
Phylactery (Passive) - During Day One, you shall specify two players to be our Phylactery Holders. If you fail to do so before the end of the day, they are randomized. They can not choose The King to be their holder, nor can The King be a randomized Holder. You will know their starting classes, and will be night immune while at least one of them lives. If both of them die, you will die the following night. Investigations against the Phylactery Holders will also yield the additional message “You feel a chill surrounding the target player. They are a Phylactery Holder for The Lich.” If your Phylactery Holders die, this fact that they are one will be included with their class information.
Undeath (Passive) - As long as the Phylactery Holders are alive, at the start of every night you will automatically revive yourself if you are dead, regardless of how you died.
Spectral Mist (Day) - A target Phylactery Holder is healed tonight. - 3 uses
Black Fog (Day) - Attempts to investigate either of the Phylactery Holders will fail tonight. - 3 uses
Finger of Decay (Night) - Kill a player. If you were revived at the start of the night, then this attack bypasses night immunity and healing. - Infinite uses :crown:
Death’s Curtains (Night) - Kill one of your Phylactery holders (bypasses night immunity and healing), and two other targets. - Infinite uses, but only usable while you have two Phylactery Holders alive :crown:
Your objective is to make it to at least (possibly fewer depending on the state of the Mafia) the last four players alive while the Mafia do not hold a majority over the town on their own.

1 Like

Quadra-masonry converter*

In the original setup, there were 4 clonetroopers in a masonry. He could convert them all, but they’d die after the day’s lynch.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know it was time to post bad FoL classcards

3 Likes

1 Like

The new version was lost when forums went down, but atleast we still have this.

1 Like

bluer dragons
what a time to be alive
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :dragon:

4 Likes

It is the pinnacle of Octuple Threat

1 Like

By the way, can I get a review for this one?

1 Like

Isn’t that literally just town but worse

1 Like

Yep. It’s (one of) town’s negative utility roles.

1 Like

Wait isnt this a thread for mafia roles

1 Like

Huh

1 Like

I am assuming that it was meant to be interpreted as “forum mafia” i.e. the game, and not the alignment.
Otherwise it would be weird to have “alignment” as one of the requirements in the format.

2 Likes

why is the bad guy and the name of the game the same

2 Likes

Ask the guy who invented mafia

1 Like