[RP Interest Check / OOC THREAD] Play by Post Pathfinder

*researches trees and charcoals*
…surely I can’t be the only oddball who got so intrigued into a specific subject after doing things in a RP, to the point where I actually learn history lessons?

For instance, TIL that chopping fully mature oak trees to convert them into charcoal… is inefficient. It would instead be more effective to coppice the tree and then harvest the coppiced woodlots.


(The maturation process above takes 12~15 years.)

Fully mature oak trees takes a while (months ~ years) to dry out properly (unless you want to botch the pyrolysis even more than it already is), and besides oak can be used for other purposes. (Because they are basically high quality sturdy wood.)


…and just like many of my past selves, I wonder if the “solution” to my “reality checks on magical worlds” is literally just “use magic”.

4 Likes

wait we have been in this village for like a week now. thats more than a gold per person. we are gonna go broke soon :skull:

2 Likes

Hasn’t it been literally 2 days

5 Likes

oh i thought it passed 1:1 to real time

1 Like

oh my god she’s going in 1v2

5 Likes

…I want to say “I bet these guys will become relevant somehow at some point”, but -based on my biased POV as Arius- I have yet to see any signs of civil war.

Rather, instead of asking the druids to grow trees to turn up the charcoal-production rate, I feel like the nobles should be negotiating with them to maintain or improve the arability of the nobles’ lands.

…meh. Maybe I am too brainrotted on cutting trees and making charcoals. I am no longer certain whether these priests will be relevant or not.

1 Like

does equipping a sling count as pulling it out of your backpack, or can it hang somewhere on your belt (so you can pull it out quicker? would a traveler’s outfit count for it? if not, would a belt pouch count for it?

same question for potions - can you store them, and how many in your immediate reach (traveler’s outfit for me, would explorer’s outfit be better) and would a belt pouch be better for that?

1 Like

Ditto’ing Amelia. We’re still on the same day in-game as the day when Martyn Kaver died …which is Day 2.

2 Likes

actually it’s more likely he died during day 1-

2 Likes

Eh… I count Night 1 as part of Day 2, because Arius was already vast asleep by the time Martyn was killed.

3 Likes

(this is because since the footsteps of the murderer were washed away in the rain that happened sometime last night, the murderer must’ve killed and moved the body before then (or during i guess but that’s one way to make people suspicious – getting soaked to the bone in the rain, and yourself sick.)

4 Likes

Bro leafia is gonna die theyre gonna flank her :sob: she needs a crit

1 Like

leafia needs to like. run. i warned you both.

6 Likes

Chad half orc fighter vs wimp sorcerer mentality

2 Likes

A smart fighter knows when to do a temporary tactical backwards maneuver

3 Likes

and, say, how long would this temporary be if you encountered one of these

2 Likes

The natural consequence of ignoring the DM when they say “hey so this place is more dangerous”

6 Likes

Nah, id win

3 Likes

I just checked how rest works in Pathfinder.

JFC, this game is brutal when it comes to recovery. Without any means of external healing (e.g., magic, traits, skills, potions, wands, herbs) the only way of regaining HP is by sleeping, which only restores either 1 or 2 HP depending on the length of sleep.

2 Likes