Drakor nodded. “You’re a caster, then?”
The answer was fairly obvious, but he still thought it polite to ask.
Drakor nodded. “You’re a caster, then?”
The answer was fairly obvious, but he still thought it polite to ask.
(she cast Detect Magic, but considering it would’ve just given the Exact Same result zone got earlier, i’m going to not bother arete)
“Uhm. Yeah. But I didn’t… study. It just happened.”
“The… speech. Was because I had to say a specific thing. Each time, to cast some specific spells. I don’t understand it that well.”
Despite her confusion, when she begins to talk about her bloodline, her face perks up a little. “My father says it has something to do with someone in our family who sacrificed themselves for something a long time ago.”
“The voices-in-your-head speech?” Drakor asked.
“Yeah.” She rapidly nods, though it wasn’t much of a speech as it was a sentence.
(whoever guesses what her spell gimmick is first gets an atlas point)
“It was… weird. My family actually tried to teach me to use a gun, but considering… their complete lack of experience with one and the fact we…”
She looks down at the floor. “…Didn’t have one.”
Then she turns back up to look at Drakor. “It didn’t go well. They stopped when it was clear I was learning magic. But they tell me that I shouldn’t really…”
{…oh.}
“…Use it.”
{I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because they’re afraid I’ll become like her. Just another martyr.}
“Anyways-” She continues.
“Can you do anything…” She grasps for the term. “Specialised?”
“Ah. I was under the impression that you were unwell.” Drakor extended his hand. “I apologize for my preconceptions.”
He continued. “I have no magic, regretfully, but I’m proficient with most weapons and am an experienced hunter.”
“That’s not a too far off guess.” She says plainly.
“If you’re that great of a hunter… I hope it makes following the tracks easier… and that they lead somewhere more useful than the temple.”
She pauses to think. “Though that is useful in of itself.”
“It should,” Drakor said. “I’ve been… distracted recently. Something about this is bothering me.”
“Is it a… usef-knowledgeable distraction?” She asks.
“It could be.” Drakor said. “I’ve been… tracking someone, and there’s a possibility he is responsible for this murder too.”
Straight to the point. “Do you know of any identifying features he has?”
“Missing an eye.” He frowned. “My sister didn’t say much else.”
“It’s still… helpful.”
“I…”
She debates putting her word on something like this.
“…Don’t think…”
So, instead, hedges her bets with a ‘maybe’
“I’ve seen anyone like that. Here. But I… didn’t explore much. Or talk to many people.”
“Still, that helps.” Drakor nodded in gratitude. “I asked Rabbit earlier and he said the same thing.”
He sighed. “It’s a large world out there.”
Canary politely nods, then goes silent.
{I’m… exhausted. So much talking. And the day… isn’t even over.}
18
Drakor, sensing Canary’s fatigue, matched her silence. He knelt down to examine the tracks once more.
(I’m so glad the one time we get a good roll it’s this)
(Yes, you can do that!)
The two of you leave through the palisade’s entrance and head over to the woodlot. Vin immediately gets started cutting a face notch in a tree. Unfortunately, he seems to have forgotten to make sure the tree has a clear path for where to fall, and to make matters even worse, he hasn’t even noticed the broken branch wobbling above his head…