(My hero)
(I was about to say “Not so fast!” but no survival is a wis check not a strength check. (I mentally mixed it up with swim)
“Do you…”
{I keep trailing off. Breathe. It’s important to discuss. I have to.}
Canary slowly breathes in and out to attempt to stabilise herself… It doesn’t work very well, but she does look calmer.
“…Did you figure out anything from the foot prints? Or the tracks?”
(Lionel is stewing on the idea of a trusted individual luring him out)
I’d like to also go to the central square
“There’s an adult print over there-” he pointed at the print on the bank of the river. “-with what looks like leather shoes.”
He nodded towards the lines. “I think someone dragged Messire Kaver here. Probably killed him before he got here, if I had to guess.”
“Dragged.”
{Someone not as strong as Arius…}-
-Canary did pay attention when Arius introduced himself, then. That’s where she got the name from.
{…but stronger than me. Not a fighter, but maybe a worker, or someone of slightly greater strength. They were confident enough in their strength to drag him all the way over here…}
“…Do you think magic might’ve had anything to do with it?”
Drakor frowned. “It’s possible, I suppose. Did you have something in mind?”
“Voices in my head.” Canary states.
A moment of silence.
“It… probably wasn’t magically involved. I didn’t detect any.”
“Magic.”
Drakor nodded. “You’re a caster, then?”
The answer was fairly obvious, but he still thought it polite to ask.
(she cast Detect Magic, but considering it would’ve just given the Exact Same result zone got earlier, i’m going to not bother arete)
“Uhm. Yeah. But I didn’t… study. It just happened.”
“The… speech. Was because I had to say a specific thing. Each time, to cast some specific spells. I don’t understand it that well.”
Despite her confusion, when she begins to talk about her bloodline, her face perks up a little. “My father says it has something to do with someone in our family who sacrificed themselves for something a long time ago.”
“The voices-in-your-head speech?” Drakor asked.
“Yeah.” She rapidly nods, though it wasn’t much of a speech as it was a sentence.
(whoever guesses what her spell gimmick is first gets an atlas point)
“It was… weird. My family actually tried to teach me to use a gun, but considering… their complete lack of experience with one and the fact we…”
She looks down at the floor. “…Didn’t have one.”
Then she turns back up to look at Drakor. “It didn’t go well. They stopped when it was clear I was learning magic. But they tell me that I shouldn’t really…”
{…oh.}
“…Use it.”
{I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because they’re afraid I’ll become like her. Just another martyr.}
“Anyways-” She continues.
“Can you do anything…” She grasps for the term. “Specialised?”
“Ah. I was under the impression that you were unwell.” Drakor extended his hand. “I apologize for my preconceptions.”
He continued. “I have no magic, regretfully, but I’m proficient with most weapons and am an experienced hunter.”
“That’s not a too far off guess.” She says plainly.
“If you’re that great of a hunter… I hope it makes following the tracks easier… and that they lead somewhere more useful than the temple.”
She pauses to think. “Though that is useful in of itself.”
“It should,” Drakor said. “I’ve been… distracted recently. Something about this is bothering me.”
“Is it a… usef-knowledgeable distraction?” She asks.
“It could be.” Drakor said. “I’ve been… tracking someone, and there’s a possibility he is responsible for this murder too.”
Straight to the point. “Do you know of any identifying features he has?”