Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

Demon Slayer the one game i was scum and he was town.

I ve been scum alot recently havent i lol

SK would want the mafia out too, idk what ur getting at. Mafia is informed, more dangerous to SK once they gain majority.

Can u source that for me? If not I might have to agree with Magnus.

No, I think this is them also implying that “look I’m town because I’m outspoken”

That’s not rude…? Give them time to get to it.

This is in response to why you voted me? This doesnt describe my day so far at all, so i am confused.

When there is an overload on long paragraphs my brain melts, so hmm… I don’t have much besides what I said earlier, Leafia and Achro can still be SvS.
Me feeling SvS vibes is on brand, I did something similar in Hell’s Echoes, and funnily enough, it also included Achro. I was wrong, and I could be wrong here too, but that depends on if Achro was making shid up about it being the same thing that happened in Need for Speed.
Also, Town Achro doesn’t usually narrow their worldview this much. They TR some peeps on whimsy as they call it, and then SR someone for something that would usually be ignored.

2 Likes

Oh I found the question,
I thought they felt fake, last I SR them they didn’t come at me with paragraphs.
Also I don’t know why w!Leafia would come at t!Achro. They know that won’t end well.

Haha no, different case scenario, Leafia goes after an easy target based on a joke (that Jake has a yellow role card) and Achro latches on to that.
Leafia here, votes Achro first, Achro scum reads them for it. Is what I got.
Yes yes, this is the exact same situation to this game, yup, ur not fabricating things at all.

Interesting, it certainly does imo, perhaps you do not realise it in your own posts or I’m reading it a bit in bad faith? :thinking:

Ah, there was my problem. I was supposed to go to Timber but I got things mixed up in my head. The Train Station, of course, Selphie likes trains.

Anyway let’s see what I have in my reply queue since I am back at my computer.

@Prophylaxis

Well this read had two stages as it turned out. The first before I knew who he was and then after. Before I knew Mr.L = Ben I liked an answer he provided earlier to me when I voted him briefly and asked him about his vote. It was crisp and to the point of going along with what I was doing because I could provide exact examples, which I thought showed a solving attitude and a good head on his shoulders for why he was helping me.

Post knowing it is Ben, I tend to have a really good sense for where Ben is at in the thread when he is playing with me. Just over a year ago I made his life a living hell the first two days of a game (I was SK who also shot bp mafia Lea night one but I was town siding the first few days because that’s more fun for me as SK~) and in general I don’t think Ben has it in him as scum to just pile on a scumbuddy that quick for that good of a reason, and his other posts being very towny from an uninformed pov before knowing it was ben adds to this. He just comes off as very pure, something town Mr.L can 100% do easily from experience. Scum Mr.L can do this too, but its harder for them and rarer.

So Lea is not what I would call a polarized player, and really I said she was in her scum meta mostly to bait her to stop fluffposting and given substantial content. So she thinks I fell for her trap, but in reality she fell for my trap. The thing you want to nail Lea on is being alive a long time and not having a great solve I’d say. As town she is likely to either die early or to be in a position where when you look through her body of work you can go ‘this makes sense, yes, good points Lea.’ More often than not as scum she won’t kick into that gear and just stay in a chill space unless forced out of it a little bit. Got to rattle that cage. That being said, she is not in any way truly polarized and is probably one of the better scum players from GameFAQs. But if you don’t apply pressure to the slot early and often - if you don’t hold them accountable for their world view - there are going to be severe problems because she’s not the type of player you can take your eye off of and expect good results. I hold her in the highest regard, and I am not going to allow her to fluffpost for the duration of day one and call it cool and chill.

In truth, I would consider Lea not to really have any true scum tells that are universal. Her scum game has no holes in it. So you have to discuss the game with her and pay attention to her and see if it adds up or not. She will usually be quite useful to town as town though. I struggle to think of any reason I would ever lynch Lea day one unless she made a blatantly terrible post that makes no sense, which she rarely would do as a wolf.

Which is, of course, why she tops my list of wolves who I would not want to be in the game. Because in my estimation Lea would be a problem that would be solved well past my expiration date in the game, and I am not going to break policy and lynch an excellent player day one unless there is a silver bullet for the wolf, of which after observing her wolf game recently I don’t think exists universally.

So, I lied. She’s not REALLY in a strictly scum meta, however she was in an unsolvable meta and I needed to provoke her. Which I did. Huge success tbh 5 stars for Chris.

Hello Garfooled. Why do you find it odd that I overanalyzed something? I am a rather analytical player after all. What is your world view of the game at the moment? Any comments on the multiple people who are saying Leafia is in her wolf meta? What differences do you see here between Leafia and I versus early game Need for Speed where we were unaligned? Feel free to offer quotes.

I will say it would be hilarious if the team has Leafia/May/Garfooled in it and May got my points against Leafia.Garfooled mixed up because they are both their partners. Such levels of egotism cannot possibly be true though. Would be kind of cool though.

Hello my darling Lea, lovely to see you again. I am afraid this entire post of yours has actually fallen for my trap and not the other way around. It is okay, maybe one day you will be able to ensnare me in your wily ways. Today is not that day. Also I will say from my vantage point you haven’t picked much of a fight so far, you’ve barely posted AI content which is why I had to say such mean things to you. I like the spirit if nothing else, let’s see what you’ve got.

And I didn’t! I built a robust town list and narrowed down a list of suspects dramatically through town reading a lot of slots. There is, after all, more than one way to engage with suspicions and I don’t feel it is appropriate to just start a meaningless wagon with full gusto if my heart isn’t in it. I also remembered that Leafia gave some people some trouble in Need for Speed by distancing hard with a fellow wolf so I thought I would deny her that opportunity here once I saw that she had voted you. I tire of theatrics from wolves you see. So I was willing to push you into service a bit more directly but lost my appetite as soon as Leafia agreed with it. Notice how I poked Eliza to get her to appear and after that cited post my world view did expand dramatically as I intended it to do so. I apologize that I did not make a special concerted effort to focus on you, but my heart is with Leafia currently and if I tried to act like I wanted you to die today it would just be a lie.

Now Lea. Let’s be honest, is there anything common in my wolf game? This is hurtful. Also I was lying to provoke you since if you just post fluff all day that doesn’t help me or anyone solve you.

Yes, because my read was just bait to get you to solve. This was me being remarkably honest with my intention for you, my cute kouhai. I wanted you to give beautiful reads and to play the game. You tell me this is suspicious, but really its transparent. I don’t really want to hurt you, I just want you to become solvable because you are a strong asset if town. It’s plainly obvious once you view it from that mindset. Town Chris, lie? Yes, every game in fact. I am sorry that you fell for MY trap.

She really is tbh. Like, I think she has bussed in basically every game I have ever seen her wolf personally. I am sorry, I just couldn’t do it.

This comes back down to a very important point in mafia, which you know Lea. I can only murder the bad people one at a time. I believe I have an outed wolf and several good town reads so far so at some point I do have to concede that I don’t have an intent to kill you day one. I asked you, quite directly, to stop with the nonsense and to make some beautiful reads. I really couldn’t have been any more clear. I don’t think its a reasonable conclusion to suggest that I should want to out you day one when you are a very dynamic player over someone I find polarizing and outed. In fact, I don’t think I would ever do that.

I do find it amusing though that you claim to have laid down all of these hints of being scummy and I, town Achro, pick up on these and don’t like your play thus far but because I don’t drop everything in order to pursue you that you are now attempting to type up many words and twist it into something scummy. No, I saw you were in an unsolvable state, baited you to do something, then asked you to do something, and then went back to my highest confidence read after I gave some more reads for the game.

Sad to say every Achro has a bit of a stamina issue these days, thus the ravages of time and how they work. But I’ve got some old magic in this hat of mine yet, I think.

Letting town do my dirty work is pretty easy as a wolf in regards to your opening tbh. I just let town read it and go ‘wow Lea hasn’t done anything’ and let them eat you alive all on their own, I don’t think anyone needs my guidance to understand your opening is kind of poor. Alas, I am not a wolf this game and I don’t think you are town. Such is the crosses we must bear.

You posted a lot of words, and a lot of theories. Here’s one from me to you, my old friend. By way of Red Mage.

Lea is not-town. Lea is a wolf with Leafia or the SK. She sees me beginning to eat Leafia alive early and jumps on with little reasoning because she knows how that story ends when Achro is locked on. But she’s new to the community, she’s not quite comfortable. So Lea defaults to an old scum throwback of being charming and charismatic and not very offensive. It’s not strictly a wolf thing, but if she lingers there for too long it is. She realizes with a wince and a sigh that she lingered there for too long and Achro has said some things, but curiously for her Achro hasn’t devoured her soul over it. Maybe he’s a wolf (if she’s SK) or maybe he’s SK (if she’s a wolf) or maybe she just doesn’t give a damn what I am, it is an opening. It’s something different and maybe that is a way out. If she can push something difference in a grand, charismatic way, maybe it will cause Achro at the very least to town read the effort. Maybe it will cause others to town read the effort. Who, after all, goes after town Achro day one with such conviction?

Not many people.

Lea is capable of such tricks of force though, and I am unimpressed with all of those pretty words. At the end of the day my friend your post is the very lovely worded version of the old meme where the guy goes “haha, jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be an idiot!” in regards to your unhelpful start of the day.

What helps me with my read on you is that this wall does not serve town at all. It only serves your survival. If you were town, we both know I’m not getting lynched today. We both now even if I was a wolf the SK would strongman me n1 and it would be done with. No, this is yet another in a long line of beautiful performances by a wonderful player. Unfortunately I can only see the self-serving nature of it. The applause you hope to conjure for standing up to me. The audacity you wish to be rewarded. In the end though you just placed a vote on someone who will never, ever be lynched day one because even as wolf we both know the only reason I was even lynched on GameFAQs, which you and Sultan executed to perfection I will add, is because I took a dive. With an SK on board, my fate is sealed with a night one strongman no matter what my alignment is unless I am exactly SK I suppose, but even then I don’t think anyone is going to be allowing me a repeat performance of Pokemon/Star Wars so it seems rather moot.

A spirited effort as always, Lea. An excellent post with a good amount of potency. But @Prophylaxis this is the type of post I expect from a non-town Lea. The type that feel big and impressive but ultimately do not serve town in any way. I hope that helps clarify how I read Lea.

I award you 0 town points, my friend.

I was assuming Leafia is dead in the water so SK was going to start shooting town people since a D1 lynch of Mafia tilts the game in town’s favor.

I have like 8 town reads and the last two times I played against scum Leafia I voted them ASAP and then let them go and town was lynched both day ones. How much whimsy do I need my man lol.

My dude, Leafia said the exact same thing to me about my vote on her making me look bad lol. Yes game to game there are going to be little differences in interactions, but her general tone is very, very similar.

Anyway I hope this post helps clear up any concerns about my stamina issues.

1 Like

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Love my megaposts

Skimmed it a little and while I don’t have strong thoughts on Lea’s alignment right now, I do not believe you will be executed d1, chris

VC

Leafia (4): sulit, Mr.L, Prophylaxis, Achromatic
Achromatic (2): Marluna, Lea
Lea (2): Zenon, Leafia
ElizaThePsycho (1): Hippopablompoyeetus
Zenon (1): IfGodCouldDie
IfGodCouldDie (1): Kiiruma

it’s not the overanalyzing itself, it’s what u are overanalyzing. u didnt take my reasoning for questioning them, ur just looking for reasons to SR me.
i had said basically “i asked because no one else did” up to that point, and because of that i wanted to see if their answer would make me feel weird about their slot. and i said that no, it didn’t make me feel anything.

Leafia doesn’t ooz “i hate that i’ve been caught this early by town” energy. They’re being uncharacteristically level-headed for scum.

u usually SR 1 individual and TR a few, u do not do this

that’s not answering what i said, u and i are talking about different things. then again i forgot ur original post, what was i replying to again?
oh right it was to—
“They do not react to pressure like this normally as scum”

which wasn’t my point at all. what i meant was that their behavior is unusually calm. Leafia is more skittish as scum, and i still think they are, i just think they are reacting to ur pushes unusually.
quoting one post where they say “this makes u look bad”, does not mean they are acting the same exact way this game.

how so?

1 Like

This is peak fiction.

sips popcorn-flavored tea

1 Like

L, discounting Leafia, where’s your head at right now? Thoughts on the other GameFAQers and/or the various slap fights Chris has gotten himself into?

(Super Paper Mario was also a goated game with goated music)

FWIW re eliza: She keeps joining games and puts what I feel to be fairly minimal effort which is discouraging but not alignment indicative really whatsoever.

Haven’t really played vs wolf her, but unless she does something extremely clearing or has a strong unaligned pair with a wolf then I tend to PoE her late game.

Her nervousness/anger about getting run up I don’t think is very alignment indicative but not super sure here. I don’t like to execute strong players or lurkers D1, so I wouldn’t look her way Today but definitely open to PoEing her on later days.

While I understand Achro’s point that Lea’s response post could be seen as coming from a defence position, the whole thing about owning her unhelpful start, I can’t help but disagree. I was specifically getting “outed evil” Serial Killer vibes, not “failing to stay hidden” Mafia vibes like you can see quite plainly with Leafia’s behaviour. Lea directly taunted Achro back when she was only being voted by Zenon, even when other people were throwing her name about. I could see her sliding into this position out of necessity, but it’s a risky manoeuvre for someone under so little pressure at the time. I think it’s plausible.

Achro’s argument boils down to “I’m invincible and therefore you’re intentionally wasting your time to save yourself”, which comes from a position of security. In other words, while Achro doesn’t feel threatened, he is trying to discredit Lea’s push here. My impulse is to call this V/V, but there is something weird here. Both of these posts read bizarrely to me. I don’t think they’re evil aligned, for what it’s worth.

Well you saw scum leafia, let’s look at how town leafia reacts when Achro votes @Garfooled

Completely chill, doesn’t call me a wolf

Votes someone who is voting me a little later, actually.

She is just completely unbothered by my pressure vote on her early as town. It’s a completely different reaction.

I get what you are saying that it isn’t literally a photocopy, but that’s not my standard. My standard is what you said - composure really. I don’t think she’s had any composure here where you do, whereas I look at love is war leafia and she was a confident badass who didn’t give a fuck that achro voted her early and barely even blinked.

Just a totally different reaction.

Notice how she ASKS me things when she is town that she disagrees with. She is trying to solve me.

Vs declarative statements here:

(also leafia likes to call votes pressure votes as scum lol)

She cloaks herself in ‘this is valid’ but no curiosity. No trying to understand.

“achro, can you please explain your read on marluna?” no, just says it cant happen.

again, she didnt ask.

finally many interactions in she asks a question, but its self-interested whereas her question to me about Jaiden in a previous game was asking about my mindset

(also I am pretty sure this is a perspective slip but I know some people don’t believe in those)

and she just keeps repeating.

town leafia is actually really sharp. Let’s look at hells echos.

Note she doesn’t like my opening, but also quotes a lot of posts and has a robust view of the game and even voted zorvo for a sheeping vote. Note how she asks me 'what don’t you like about it?" she asks me questions. Because she’s solving and needs my answers. She is acting in good faith.

Again, she likes to quote my posts and comment on my thoughts without needing to read me for them, she likes my world view. Then she asks for me to explain.

I could go on but there’s just a clear stark difference how wolf leafia treats me vs how town leafia treats me.

While this is a perfectly sane take, I would just like to note that Lea is very capable of sensing slight mood shifts in people and starting to come up with a reason for them. Your read is perfectly fine, but I would just suggest you do not underestimate Lea. She was # 1 on my personal list for a reason. You could be right and I am seeing shadows, it happens to the best of us after all, which is why we’re cooking up some leafeon for dinner.

There is kind of an asterisk I feel with Leafia’s confidence in Kaguya Mafia, because she did rand mason that game.

She was also a parity cop in Hell Echoes which I’d sort of classify as a self clearing role ish?

I’ll do some more digging on Sunday but I kind of want to see her reactions when being pressured as town when she doesn’t rand PR imo.

I remembered her being a bit more hostile than usual in Xros Wars, but 1. That thread has over 10K posts so isos are broken so I refuse to go in and look and 2. We were, uh, all a little more hostile than usual in Xros Wars. I had my toxic arc

1 Like

Eliza still puts in minimal behaviour when she’s evil, as she usually tries to hide out of sight, but you will still usually know she exists. In Helluva Boss, Eliza bussed one teammate when they were obviously going over and outright outed another at EOD2 without prior agreement in order to “clear” herself. In Need For Speed, Eliza did not vote her teammate, but advocated for their death after their fate was foretold. In both of these games, Eliza tried going along with the thread flow at the start of the game, voting the top wagons and such. She won’t proactively hunt her own teammates until they’re already going over, nor will she defend them.