Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

I think the sentiment I was going for was ‘the thing you’re claiming is true only makes sense to be true in worlds where I’m a villager, therefore it is an example of you subconsciously assuming I’m a villager’ but honestly I agree that my phrasing was probably not the greatest lol

also I think this sort of half-self doubt-but-still-sorta-holding-the-read-and-being-self-conscious-about-it thing you’re doing is really townie

I agree that most people aren’t going to be like “you voted me? you are a WOLF. DIE!” but I do think most people (even people who are trying to avoid interacting with pushes on them) are subconsciously or consciously going to be a little warier of the player in question

when you were semi-shading me earlier it made me subconsciously doubt my townlean on you, I didn’t say it because I was pretty sure that feeling wasn’t really correlated with your actual alignment but most people don’t really try to pick apart their gut feelings very much

I agree that saying this probably creates bad incentives but I’m trying to win this game, not make things easier in future games

“You guys” is a generic way I refer to town.
Look at any game I play I’ve used that term before as both alignments it ain’t nothing new.

Idk about you but I can give you 3.

I am trying to figure out if Lemonfairy is acting in good faith here not to litigate the question of “do you have good reads”

(as such please do not post examples until they have a chance to answer, otherwise they can just use those examples)

Boom

Boom

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/flicker-fm-the-kidnapper-team-will-strike-again/3225/7101

Boom

Fun Fucking Fact.

If everyone listened to me in all those games.
Town would have won each one.

oh my god.

2 Likes

ok off the top of my head

arctic, zorvo, jarek and prisma are probably villagers

i liked what i read of arete yesterday but it was just for generic stuff like solviness, flow, curiosity

i think you’re pretty towny tbh, there’s this, like, impatience to get the game solved faster or something like that that i’m getting from you

may has underwhelmed but i gather she’s been preoccupied somehow? so meh wait on that

i got pinged by lemon but it was pretty light and i don’t have a solid read on her rn

i haven’t actually read any of aleph’s posts lmao

otter’s zorvo read felt kinda genuine, but her focus still seems way too narrow, like if she wanted to push anyone any time before now for the “trying to control votes” that she’s slapping on zorvo rn i feel like she could’ve done it long ago, but now there’s pressure on her to produce content so out it comes

and frankly i have no idea how to read phraze or eliza

I really don’t know what I need to do to convinced someone on a wolf.

Tbh I’m close to being at the point in just excepting no one will ever follow me on a wolf and since I’ll lose so consistently I may just change up my Playstyle and not even care about my win con anymore and just mess around. Might not be next game, might not be the next 3 but one of these games I’ll just give up afterwards and snap.

Any reason you are not explaining what you are thinking? What useful are you looking for so far?

The ones I saw around the time I posted.

I generally find it pretty pointless to say, after every single question, “well, I thought that maybe [x] was true, or maybe [y] was true, but your answer didn’t really help me distinguish between the two possibilities”

and also in many cases saying that would make future questions less useful, since I would have just said exactly what I was looking for

you’re going to need to be more specific, I’ve asked a lot of questions this game

While I’m sleeping I want this question answered

@Arete
What is your current read full read on May?

I am also going to sleep but before I do that:

• I thought they had some reads yesterday that demonstrated a solid depth of thought that would be unlikely if not difficult to fake as a wolf. They also had some really weird reads but I am informed that this is just how they play. I’ve given a couple examples in my posts so far.
  • Their posts today have … obviously been worse. I think this is pretty unsurprising regardless of alignment given that they say they’re sick.
  • There is absolutely a part of me that’s subconsciously reading into that as like “oh, their posts haven’t been so good lately, and I’m starting to have more reasons to townread other slots, maybe it’s because they’re a wolf.” This is obviously silly as stated. I do think it’s worth keeping in mind whether my relative reasons to townread them vs. other players are stronger or weaker – I would currently say my reasons for townreading May are weaker than my reasons for townreading Molly, you, or Jarek, stronger than Lemonfairy, Aleph, Arctic, probably about equally strong as Prisma. Nnnnnnot really comparing read strength to Phraze since my reasons for townreading Phraze would be objectively bad for anyone but her so basically it’s a question of ‘what do I think she could theoretically do as mafia’.

theoretically the list of people that I haven’t really felt any particular reason to townread all game is Eliza/Aro/Otter but I don’t really believe that’s the exact wolfteam lol

so idk if you knew, but I played with Arete before in semis so we have had some experience together. And it wasn’t the main reason I had a light v read on them, but it was a part of it.

It’s mainly because I hadn’t done much in the game yet and because I was less active than normal, and seeing how Arete was talking about my game/how they view me (which I appreciate and respect Arete as well), I feel like they would have killed me to prevent me to “be a part of a game to solve and what not” before I could actually do that if that makes sense.

Also @Zorvo, I do have experience with Arete from Champs and we played mountainous as well. And to be fair, I have only seen their town game so I am just trying to identify some stuff from this game that I relate to their town game that I saw.

A couple of things that I like from Arete is how they are handling the pressure on their slot from you, in that they don’t seem dismissive/deflective and are attempting to get you on the same page as them, as they are walking through their thought progress/reads to help u out. This kind of reminds me of Arete’s treatment of Cobalt in our game. Which was t/t btw lol.

Another thing that I liked is the amount of questioning of Arete to get everyone not only involved in the game, but to keep them accountable and to force others to be more “transparent” with their thoughts. Arete’s questioning on Phrase/Prisma/Elize/Magnus, to name a few, has helped to move the game in a better direction to get them to discuss why they have the reads they do and to also better evaluate their alignment based on their responses. I don’t get the impression that Arete is asking empty handed questions with the idea to just “seem solvy” but it feels like Arete is utilizing these questions to keep people accountable and to actually solve their alignment based on their responses which is what I feel like they have been doing.

Additionally, I mentioned the small thing above lol.

So I mean, these are several things that I look for in Arete’s game (are they trying to progress the game? (check), are they interacting with their suspects in a way to work with them rather than dismiss them? (check)) and that mixed with a couple of other reasons lead to my light town read on Arete. I know they are a capable mafia from what I’ve heard, but I just don’t see any harm or any “obvious” wolfing from Arete right now that makes me feel otherwise and I get constant pings to small things that they did in their semi’s game tbh.

So as a result, that’s why I light v read Arete.

I was also gonna say that I feel like Arete has been transparent in their responses and pretty open minded with things I feel like.

Null townie

ok, take a deep breath and relax Zorvo. I understand how u feel esp if you feel super confident in your reads. But you also need to understand that majority of us are uninformed and don’t know who is town v mafia. I get you feel that Arete is very likely to be mafia, but I want to ask you to take a look at my town case and let me know what you think. I also want you to link me your mafia case so I can look over it again, since I disagreed with some of ur takes (like Arete making empty ended questions).

Don’t worry dude, you are playing fine tbh and the best thing is to meet halfway with your townies in you reads if you feel like some of your pushes won’t go over esp when some may feel a different way.

What are your thoughts on Eliza and what do you think of Eliza/Arete dynamic?

I know you mentioned Prisma as wolfy but I discussed earlier why I feel like they are towny.

Mainly because of their natural responses and lack of stiffness that I feel like is unlikely to come from m!Prisma esp in his first forum game. Additionally, I liked some of his elaboration in his responses about you and Otter which felt to come from an “uninofrmed perspective” especially when discussing his feelings about Otter. I do feel like Prisma is also in a way learning about the game and what not and the way he is forming reads seems to stem from that which is what you may find odd at times. But when you calibrate Prisma’s experience/playstyle, their reads/play seems to line up and their approach to their reads seem townie to me esp when seeing how this is their first forum game.

I liked how Prisma noted differences in your pushes on your sr (though I disagree with it), I can see where he is coming from and it seemed like a townie mindset to have when evaluating a player’s difference of pushes on their slot. Same with how he town read May and used that to “better understand how to read Otter” and “analyzing the soundness of reads” though he misinterpreted what May said, I felt like his process to making that read seemed to come from a townie.